BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fcgprg

Newcastle United

I remember Singhy being hugely scathing of Pardew's prospects and that I wagered that Newcastle would finish above Sunderland. I lost the battle (think Sunderlando squeaked over them in the end 2 seasons ago) but won the war! PFA's (or somebody's) Manager of the Season last year I think?

Needs to divert his aggression into inanimate objects like water bottles though.

Pardew won the LMA manager of the season award last season also the PLM of the season the first English manager to do it. In september this year he signed a 8.5 year extension to his contract at newcastle but that does not mean he will stay that long we will see.

I dont think that companies like Wonga should be allowed to sponsor any type of club sponsorship .In a time recession a company like this gets the most affected people of society to get short term small loans at extremely high interest payments

I am surprised that there are not many geordie's that participate on this football thread as they seem to be very passionate about there team when i have been out and about here in Thailand.

Always good for the banter and a beer too smile.png anyway lets hope this thread keeps going unlike the others in years gone by especially as they do have some very decent players.....at the moment!wink.png

When i have been there in the past i always think of viz and vertigo biggrin.png

I am surprised that there are not many geordie's that participate on this football thread as they seem to be very passionate about there team when i have been out and about here in Thailand.

Always good for the banter and a beer too smile.png anyway lets hope this thread keeps going unlike the others in years gone by especially as they do have some very decent players.....at the moment!wink.png

When i have been there in the past i always think of viz and vertigo biggrin.png

Yes I'll imagine you and nev tottering along the road in yer Man Yoo shirts and high heels....a greasy bag of chips in each hand and leering at all who are unfortunate to cross yer path.

Yeah I love Viz! laugh.png

They're not computerized up there yet

i do like the fact that sunderland's leading goalscorer for the month of october was demba ba.

i do like the fact that sunderland's leading goalscorer for the month of october was demba ba.

Thats a good statistic but i would be a lot happier if he had been our top scorer for the month . Maybe a couple of extra points for the month then.

Alan pardew thinks that we are capable of a top four finish this season .at the moment i think that is a to much for us to expect on currant form.ba and Cisse need to start scoring more for us to have a chance of that.

Alan pardew thinks that we are capable of a top four finish this season .at the moment i think that is a to much for us to expect on currant form.ba and Cisse need to start scoring more for us to have a chance of that.

Realistically i'd have thought 6/7th

Realistically i'd have thought 6/7th

I think that is about right at the moment .

A good point earned at Liverpool .A little bit lucky in the end liverpool were the better team over the 90 minutes but a good result for us .

Alan Pardew was asked if he thought the Wonga controversy would have an adverse effect on the team, to which he replied "Of course not, I know the players will always give 4,000 per cent on the pitch".

A good point earned at Liverpool .A little bit lucky in the end liverpool were the better team over the 90 minutes but a good result for us .

It might have helped against West ham if they could give 4,000% ,but 100% would have done . I think AP could do with a few lessons about %

We need Andy Carroll back which i think will happen in January also Kevin Nolan both players would be a big improvement to the squad.