Newcastle United

fcgprg

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another defeat last night at Fulham 1-2 ,fifth loss in six games now .With some hard fixtures coming up it is starting to look like we are in for a struggle this season.The injuries have not helped but all these players will need time to get match fit once they return. It is also 2 years since we came from behind to win a game worrying .We had enough chances to have won the game but just dont seem to have the will,i am starting to wonder if the players are 100% behind Alan Pardew we will see.

Another defeat last night at Fulham 1-2 ,fifth loss in six games now .With some hard fixtures coming up it is starting to look like we are in for a struggle this season.The injuries have not helped but all these players will need time to get match fit once they return. It is also 2 years since we came from behind to win a game worrying .We had enough chances to have won the game but just dont seem to have the will,i am starting to wonder if the players are 100% behind Alan Pardew we will see.

And will you keep Demba Ba when the transfer window opens?

I've read that there's likely to be some offers.

Don't be too hard on the Magpies, Fulham played quite well IMO.

Demba Ba is set to leave Newcastle - within the first week of the January transfer window.

The Magpies have so far been unable to agree a new deal with the striker, and want to move him on early if they cannot convince him to stay so they can focus on bringing in a replacement.

http://www.mirror.co...bas-set-1483888

I would not be surprised to see Spurs make a bid for him.

Demba Ba is set to leave Newcastle - within the first week of the January transfer window.

The Magpies have so far been unable to agree a new deal with the striker, and want to move him on early if they cannot convince him to stay so they can focus on bringing in a replacement.

Thw word in Newcastle is that he will leave in January and Andy carroll will be signed

Thw word in Newcastle is that he will leave in January and Andy carroll will be signed

Do the supporters want Andy Carroll back?

He's not been the success in PL as he was in the championship.

That would depend on a very thorough medical regards the state of his knees which are very suspect.

That would depend on a very thorough medical regards the state of his knees which are very suspect.

are they though? he seems to have been alright for the bulk of his time for newcastle and west ham.

Well they're supposed to be! I just don't understand why for example the likes of Spurs and Liverpool haven't gone in for him. If he is fit the 7m buy outs a snip. Thats why i think there must be something in this

are they though? he seems to have been alright for the bulk of his time for newcastle and west ham.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he going to sign for someone b4 he signed for west ham and they pulled out when the medical revealed his knee probs.

I think the majority of the fans would welcome him back .It seems like he also wants to return to the area.If he does lets hope he can keep out of trouble in Newcastle.

I think the majority of the fans would welcome him back .It seems like he also wants to return to the area.If he does lets hope he can keep out of trouble in Newcastle.

Its the goldfish bowl for him! biggrin.png

If he can keep out of trouble in Liverpool, no reason why he cant in Newcastle, besides since he left newcastle hasn't he got married and had a kid, sounds like he's settled down a touch. Still think if a manager uses him in the 'right way' he can be v effective.

His best position would be behind the counter in the away supporters canteen.

• 2 weeks later...

After just managing to beat QPR on sunday,we are back to a away trip to Man Utd tomorrow.

With a team that will be without Ben Arfa,Steven taylor,Yohan Cabaya,Ryan Taylor and also Chieck Tiote who is suspended.Not a match i am looking forward to our record at Old Trafford is not good.

One win in the last 22 and we have not won at Old trafford in the last 28 visits.Things do not look to hopeful lets just hope for a lot of luck and that Man Utd have an off day.

After just managing to beat QPR on sunday,we are back to a away trip to Man Utd tomorrow.

With a team that will be without Ben Arfa,Steven taylor,Yohan Cabaya,Ryan Taylor and also Chieck Tiote who is suspended.Not a match i am looking forward to our record at Old Trafford is not good.

One win in the last 22 and we have not won at Old trafford in the last 28 visits.Things do not look to hopeful lets just hope for a lot of luck and that Man Utd have an off day.

A lacerating goal from outside the area from Gutierrez wins it. Rooney is in one of his "give a shit" periods, and RVP is reliving his "near death" experience.

A lacerating goal from outside the area from Gutierrez wins it. Rooney is in one of his "give a shit" periods, and RVP is reliving his "near death" experience.

We can dream lets hope it comes true ,but i dont think so.

"Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admitted on Thursday that Ba would be sold if he did not remove the reported £7m release clause in his contract." [beeb and various others].

OK - I have to admit I do not understand how release clauses work. Can somebody explain what they are, who they benefit and why Newcastle would (presumably be better off economically) if they sold Ba if he fails to remove the release clause?

PS - the same Beeb report says that Wenger is not interested in Ba (which I guess is welcome news to Toon-ites) but in longer versions it is clear he was just tooling around with annoying journos, so the Beeb's summary quote is out of context. Maybe he will (bid), maybe he won't. Situation normal with Wenger.

Now it is a worry 7-3 defeat to Arsenal we are in free fall i cant see a way out of this at the moment. I think Ba will go in the transfer window if he does you have to look hard where the goals will come from.

How many teams have scored six times in two matches and walked away without any points!

I'd be more concerned about the defense.

Now it is a worry 7-3 defeat to Arsenal we are in free fall i cant see a way out of this at the moment. I think Ba will go in the transfer window if he does you have to look hard where the goals will come from.

How many teams have scored six times in two matches and walked away without any points!

I'd be more concerned about the defense.

Up to these two games we have only conceded 3 goals in a match twice all season.I think it is the midfield that is not strong enough at the moment with the players that are missing .

I have concerns if Ba goes and Carrol does not come back where the goals will come from on a regular basis.

We have a batch of which should be easier matches coming up in january Everton will be a tough one on the back of these two defeats .then a break for the FA Cup at Brighton.back to Prem action away at Norwich Home to Reading Away to Aston Villa. We need to collect some points from these games.

So, the Telegraph is reporting Chelsea are leading the chase for Ba. Obviously he scores goals for you guys, but do you think he'd fit in at Chelsea? Is he more of a poacher or a battering ram?

I do not think that he would suit their style .He is not the battering ram type player he is poacher with a good long range shot ,but not a battler in the Alan Shearer mold.

We have had a 7-3 defeat now a 2-1 loss at home to Everton and are losing Demba ba to Chelsea can it get any worse.

Your hired gun has just found his hired gun heaven. Maybe the money will help you guys find someone a bit more into the Geordie thing!

Newcastle are reportedly in discussions with Marseilles for their 25 year-old French International striker Loic Remy, and he would be a great early acquisition – to go with Mathieu Debuchy – who has apparently already signed for Newcastle, and should be announced today as a Newcastle United player.

This is what Alan Pardew said today:

“Mike Ashley has to find the extra money for the striker. We’re not going to buy a striker for the money we’ve received for Demba.”
“Mike has been supportive, of course he has, and he has to be even more supportive in this window.”

http://www.nufcblog....ransfer-funds/?

This is not good for The Magpies

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/coloccini_wants_to_leave_newcastle_777040/index.shtml?

Newcastle are reportedly in discussions with Marseilles for their 25 year-old French International striker Loic Remy, and he would be a great early acquisition – to go with Mathieu Debuchy – who has apparently already signed for Newcastle, and should be announced today as a Newcastle United player.

This is what Alan Pardew said today:

“Mike Ashley has to find the extra money for the striker. We’re not going to buy a striker for the money we’ve received for Demba.”
“Mike has been supportive, of course he has, and he has to be even more supportive in this window.”

http://www.nufcblog....ransfer-funds/?

This is not good for The Magpies

http://www.newcastle...40/index.shtml?

Bad news if Coloccini leaves that would be a big blow.Remy would be a good signing ,Lets hope Cisse feels a bit better now he is the main striker for the club

Archived