Newcastle United

fcgprg

Swansea are a bloody good side.

A draw would be an excellent result imho.

They are and they have done very well in the Premier league. They have confidence in their play too. Yet I have a sneaky feeling that NUFC are gaining in confidence and believing in themselves more and more. That could give us the edge.

I am really looking forward to this match.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away to Swansea on Saturday. Without our no.1 keeper Krul who has an ankle injury. A win against them away from home would be great and do the team a lot of good psychologically even though it may not raise us up the table. Even a draw would be good.

Pardew talks now of a top ten finish. That would be wonderful after our poor start.

I think we should have a good chance of a win in what should be a tight game.At least we have a good replacement keeper in Steve Harper who would be a number one at a lot of clubs. A bit of wishful thinking by Alan Pardew .
Wishful, I'd agree but at least they have something to aim at now whereas before they only were looking to avoid relegation.

Elliot did a good job in goal last week but he was not as convincing as Krul. We will have to see who plays in goal this weekend.

Swansea are a bloody good side.

A draw would be an excellent result imho.

They are and they have done very well in the Premier league. They have confidence in their play too. Yet I have a sneaky feeling that NUFC are gaining in confidence and believing in themselves more and more. That could give us the edge.

I am really looking forward to this match.

I saw West Ham play Swansea a couple of weeks ago. We only beat them 1-0, but it could have been many more. They really didn't offer much, even with Michu in the team.

Away to Swansea on Saturday. Without our no.1 keeper Krul who has an ankle injury. A win against them away from home would be great and do the team a lot of good psychologically even though it may not raise us up the table. Even a draw would be good.

Pardew talks now of a top ten finish. That would be wonderful after our poor start.

I think we should have a good chance of a win in what should be a tight game.At least we have a good replacement keeper in Steve Harper who would be a number one at a lot of clubs. A bit of wishful thinking by Alan Pardew .
Wishful, I'd agree but at least they have something to aim at now whereas before they only were looking to avoid relegation.

Elliot did a good job in goal last week but he was not as convincing as Krul. We will have to see who plays in goal this weekend.

I think it will be Elliot ,Harper is still going to be out with a back injury ,i thought he would be fit for this week but i was wrong . You are right it does give them something to aim for i hope Alan Pardew is right . I do feel that a top 10 finish is just behond us this season .

The Toon had their moments, but on balance I thought the Swans shaded the game. You can't have three efforts cleared off the line and survive a good penalty shout and still say you deserved to win. Pardew almost came to blows with the diminutive Leon Britton in the tunnel. Re West Ham, yes the Swans were not at their best at Upton Park, but turned the Hammers over 3-0 at the Liberty. The mugs who write us off never learn.

The Toon had their moments, but on balance I thought the Swans shaded the game. You can't have three efforts cleared off the line and survive a good penalty shout and still say you deserved to win. Pardew almost came to blows with the diminutive Leon Britton in the tunnel. Re West Ham, yes the Swans were not at their best at Upton Park, but turned the Hammers over 3-0 at the Liberty. The mugs who write us off never learn.

I had the dubious pleasure of their company on the tube to Upton Park.. For a bunch of annoying drunks, they are fine singers.

Watching this match, the one thing that stood out was the rolling around on the floor of the Swansea players and the ref pandering to them. The Tiote foul that brought him a yellow was stupid on Tiote's part.

It was a difficult game. Newcastle started brightly but their defence lacked the steadiness we are used to but with our captain and full back out injured the defence did lack some steel.

Elliot. I do not rate him much at all. I felt he was dismal in goal.

Seems to me that both sides had chances. Newcastle had more shots at goal but less on target.

To lose this game from an 85th minute goal is a great shame.

Well done to both teams.

And the one and only reply to that 'report' was .....

"But if you think that was harsh on the Geordies, who are just six pints clear of the drop zone, it was not."

"Perhaps these were the "six pints" you consumed before writing that traversty of a report, Mr Pratt."

I'll say no more. I watched the match and formed an opinion.

I was sitting within 20 metres of Nathan Dyer when he was whacked from behind (heard the whack) and I formed an opinion too. I'm afraid that your team didn't make many friends in South Wales - the consensus is that the Toon were the dirtiest team we've seen at the Liberty this season.

On past form that would be a good call (and a nice joke). Actually though we had no complaints when Stoke visited us in January. They only committed 9 fouls to our 11, and no cards. Compare that with the Toon's 17 fouls to our 9, and their two yellows. Even the teams that have beaten us at the Liberty this season - Everton and Norwich - played football (7 and 9 fouls respectively), though mixed in a with a few kicks in the case of the Canaries. I'd say that Pardew had a definite strategy to counter our passing game with 'physicality'. The only other player who really sticks in the mind as a rival to Tiote or Cabeye is Ramires of Chelsea, who crocked Ki with an ugly challenge.

A huge sigh from me for today. Some idiot(s) have scheduled NUFC to be on at the same time as Eng v Italy. I'm going to have to get to the pub early and sweet talk the manager and ask if I can have both games on within viewing range.

Having said that I do hope a home win for Newcastle tonight though I may not see the match. It was a shame to lose the Swansea game in the 85th minute and a win tonight over Stoke would see us back up the table a little. A good scoreline could move us up to 12th on goal difference.

Haway the lads :)

Yesterdays win has helped a lot but it was a very poor game. The penalty that Tiote gave away was almost a disaster considering how few shots on goal there had been previously. I felt that when Stoke had scored that we would lose the match.

Yet we won and gained 3 very valuable points to move us up the table a couple of notches. A poor game but a happy result :)

Yesterdays win has helped a lot but it was a very poor game. The penalty that Tiote gave away was almost a disaster considering how few shots on goal there had been previously. I felt that when Stoke had scored that we would lose the match.

Yet we won and gained 3 very valuable points to move us up the table a couple of notches. A poor game but a happy result smile.png

Newcastle were poor,stoke were abysmal,and the difference was u had a couple of flair players

Always good to see Stoke lose. Last two minutes of the game - even betterrolleyes.gif Pity we couldnt see the face of Pulis before it retreated rapido down the tunnel!

Pretty similar results if you are an England rugby and a Newcastle football fan eh, Pattayadingho? I expected to be able to watch the start of the ManYoo match safe in the knowledge our ruggerb*****s would be 20 points up and nothing of moment to watch in the second half. Instead it was a real cling on for a result affair at Twickers and I had to stick with it, out of horrified curiosity.

Always good to see Stoke lose. Last two minutes of the game - even betterrolleyes.gif Pity we couldnt see the face of Pulis before it retreated rapido down the tunnel!

Pretty similar results if you are an England rugby and a Newcastle football fan eh, Pattayadingho? I expected to be able to watch the start of the ManYoo match safe in the knowledge our ruggerb*****s would be 20 points up and nothing of moment to watch in the second half. Instead it was a real cling on for a result affair at Twickers and I had to stick with it, out of horrified curiosity.

Luckily the bar I was in had NUFC on one screen and the ruggy (by demand of the customers) on the big screen so I was able to flit from one to the other.

Man U and Liverpool were relegated to small screens ;)

At least it was a win for both although I have to admit from what i saaw that neither NUFC or England played well. I'm hoping that England have had trheir bad day and we come back in force against the Welsh.

Thankfully Newcastle play on Sunday and Eng v Wales on Saturday this weekend.

Looking forward to a few beers, a lot of cheers and a great weekend :)

Haway the lads !!! Through to the last 8 in europe and now due to face Benfica away for the first leg and at home for the second leg. Bring it on !

OK, we scored in the 93rd minute to win against 10 men in our last match to get this far, but we did win and that is what counts. It is such a long time since qwe were last in this position and I am really hoping we can beat Benfica to get into the last 4.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth after reading about the draw for the last 8 in europe, we face Wigan on Sunday.

Sigh, that means another trip down to the pub to watch the match and I'll have to go down earlier than the match and that means drinking beer, sigh. rolleyes.gif

I am hoping for the double this weekend, England to beat Wales on Saturday - another of those awful trips down to the pub to see the match and for England to be winners.

What a great weekend this is to look forward to !! thumbsup.gif

My local serves six different real ales mrboj.....I might sample them all this evening.

Enjoy your saudi shandy! biggrin.png

It sure ain't shandy smokes. It's probably stronger than anything in your local but it just ain't the same as good ol pint of bitter. That's the only reason Red calls me bitter tongue.png

Anyway. Before you down a dozen, get yours and blethers predictions in wai.gif

This thread has rekindled my fondness of Newky Brown ale,but alas i have never drank it in Thailand.

The dark beer(German brew) they serve at the Pullman hotel in Khon Kaen is as close as i have ever tasted to a brown ale here.

Slurp biggrin.png

This thread has rekindled my fondness of Newky Brown ale,but alas i have never drank it in Thailand.

The dark beer(German brew) they serve at the Pullman hotel in Khon Kaen is as close as i have ever tasted to a brown ale here.

Slurp biggrin.png

Many a year since I too drank any of that nuclear brown ale.

Still, I'm looking forward to this weekend with great gusto.

There will be some friendly piss taking banter going on with friends and with both matches kicking off late there will surely be time for a drink or several before kick off(s).

A bad report about NUFC fans at last weeks wigan game,they disrupted an amateur football match played in wigan before the game. After stopping and watching the game they then went onto the pitch and had the game stopped . Newcastle United have told the South Lancashire Counties Premier Division club Wigan Cosmos that they will reimburse them for the damage caused by the fans . I would say that the idiots who caused this should stay at home in future .It is quoted that about 250-300 Newcastle fans were involved in going onto the pitch ."Football at all levels of the game deserves the same degree of respect" NUFC statement.

Plenty of pictures around. Tell the prats that all the data is going to be stored until face recognition technology is introduced at the turnstiles (bound to be coming soon) at which point they will be banned from St James Park, whoops *somethingsportsshop stadium* (so memorable a name I cant remember it).

That should get their attention (actually may be too cruel - could prompt a few suicides!).

Nice touch for the Magpies to offer to host the replay of their abandoned minor league game at St James Park.

It is reported today that Steve Harper is to leave the club in May after 20 years at the club since he signed from Seaham Red Star in 1993. He as been a good servent to the club . Once he as finished his coaching badges he would be a good goalkeeper coach at some club .Lets hope he gets offered a role at NUFC in the future.

Well and truly beaten at Manchester City yesterday, I think it will be a struggle not to go down this season. I hope that I am wrong and we can just survive. The Europa cup does not help the situation either.

Archived