Newcastle United

fcgprg

Its starting to look like Mr Pardew is not wanted anymore by some of the fans ,a lot of them are saying they would like Benitez to take over if AP is given the sack . I don't see much chance of that but who knows how Mr Ashley,s mind works .

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next time I will make my small print a bit larger. Clearly Carmine and Stevie have eyesight problems and think I was showing sympathy for Pardew. Self-abuse or getting old? :-)

Probably my fault, my smiley availability on TV has been random and rare in recent days. Must go to the tech thread and find out why

You have no pressure on yourselves next sunday. They have huge pressure. You have decent players at home infront of 50000 cheering home fans. I know the atmospheres great, i've been there. Is there any acceptable reason why you shouldn't beat Arsenal next weekend?

You have no pressure on yourselves next sunday. They have huge pressure. You have decent players at home infront of 50000 cheering home fans. I know the atmospheres great, i've been there. Is there any acceptable reason why you shouldn't beat Arsenal next weekend?

No reason, if the players put in 100% and want to win the game . I am not convinced that they will be up for it but I hope so for the 50,000 + that will be willing us to win. I feel that things are not right at the club and it seems a lot of fans feel the same way.

I see today on ESPN that Newcastle owner as vowed to give the club's non playing staff a 1 million pound bonus if NUFC beat Arsenal today.

He says it is a gesture to the clubs unsung hero's who work behind the scenes at the club. I find it a very strange offer to make he never fails to amaze.

Well the spurs mob will be happy with that gesture...nothing like the team playing for the staff and a win will net them a nice bonus and better still the players will get all the credit on behalf of the chairman's clever carrot.

I now expect a closer game and maybe a draw!

Well the spurs mob will be happy with that gesture...nothing like the team playing for the staff and a win will net them a nice bonus and better still the players will get all the credit on behalf of the chairman's clever carrot.

I now expect a closer game and maybe a draw!

Made me smile....clever move by Ashley for once! biggrin.png

If you've ever been to St. James the old fallacy about them being the most fervent supporters in the land is horse poo.

If a game isn't going their way they are the first to boo their own.

If you've ever been to St. James the old fallacy about them being the most fervent supporters in the land is horse poo.

If a game isn't going their way they are the first to boo their own.

Don't be like that , if we were playing bad which is most weeks this year ,the Toon boo and the away support cheer us.

Thank goodness the season is over ,we just could not beat Arsenal on Saturday I think overall a fair result I know the spurs fans will not agree with me on the result, but we have been poor all season and it did not help losing Ba to Chelsea . Lets look on the bright side it will be a lot better next season ,no Europa cup to deal with , we did not have enough quality players to be able to perform in all the competitions we were in.

And can I just thank Newcastle for rolling over on the last day and completely spoiling thousand of tiny totts fans' summer holidays.

cheesy.gif

Yes i wasn't watching it of course but judging from the reports the NUFC staff won't be impressed with the players indifference towards their financial status. Apparently they were utter <deleted> as were the goons by all accountsbiggrin.png

And can I just thank Newcastle for rolling over on the last day and completely spoiling thousand of tiny totts fans' summer holidays.

cheesy.gif

I don't think we rolled over we are just not good enough to do any better .

At least one bit of good news from last season, we finished 3rd in the premier league average attendance statistics behind Man Utd and Arsenal who finished with averages of 75,530 and 60,079 we finished with an average of 50,517 just a bit better than the season before.

Lets hope we can improve next season to reward the 50,000 + who turn up each game.

Things should start to move a bit in the next couple of weeks I can see BenArfa leaving also I would expect Collocini to stay . when you look on the various forums it looks like we are going to sign everyone. So we will just have to wait a bit longer to find out what is going to happen.

Todays rumours are we are after Ukrainian Yarmolenko which I don't think we will have a chance of signing him, AC Milan looks the favourite for him.

Also we are apparently trying to sign Valbuena for around 6 Mill it also says Arsenal are also interested in him ?.

Alan Pardew is the bookies early favourite to be the first manager to go.

Not that surprising. He's obviously about as good a manager as he is a poker player

I think he would be in the top three for the chop but not favourite. That honour will go to Steve Bruce at Hull City.

It looks like Demba Ba is surplus to requirements at Chelsea now who will want him maybe us ?. The only problem would be the wages his agent would be out to get for him. I don't think M Ashley would pay silly money for him.

Not that surprising. He's obviously about as good a manager as he is a poker player

I think he would be in the top three for the chop but not favourite. That honour will go to Steve Bruce at Hull City.

Why? Everyone expects Hull to fail, they are minnows.......would you say the same about The Magpies?

Steve Bruce is 28/1

Michael Laudrup has replaced Alan Pardew as the early Premier League 'sack race' favourite.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/aston-villa/news/article/316/8759807/pardew-is-sack-race-favourite

I think you'll find Laudrup has been given no transfer spend and rather than be sacked is most likely to tell Swansea to poke it.

Lets face it, he wouldn't be out of work for long. Man Utd should have appointed him anyways.

I think you'll find Laudrup has been given no transfer spend and rather than be sacked is most likely to tell Swansea to poke it.

Lets face it, he wouldn't be out of work for long. Man Utd should have appointed him anyways.

Quite right, I should have said first manager to leave.wai.gif

Why? Everyone expects Hull to fail, they are minnows.......would you say the same about The Magpies?

Steve Bruce is 28/1

Michael Laudrup has replaced Alan Pardew as the early Premier League 'sack race' favourite.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/aston-villa/news/article/316/8759807/pardew-is-sack-race-favourite

Club owners seem to have very short memories ,Steve Bruce did well to get Hull City up but I think his job will be at risk if they start the season badly. Alan Pardew will also not last long if we do not get off to a good start. We are not minnows in an economic sense but in a footballing one I sometimes wonder.

Brazilian Douglas is a target for us it is reported his contract expires at the end of the month it is said he is keen on a move to us but Liverpool are also showing interest in him.

If he does this he deserves the sack!

Alan Pardew is considering a £6 million bid for England international Darren Bent, who has been told he can leave Aston Villa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10114171/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-ready-to-make-cut-price-offer-for-Aston-Villa-striker-Darren-Bent.html

If he does this he deserves the sack!

Alan Pardew is considering a £6 million bid for England international Darren Bent, who has been told he can leave Aston Villa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10114171/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-ready-to-make-cut-price-offer-for-Aston-Villa-striker-Darren-Bent.html

That would be a total waste of money even at 6m, i agree with you uptheos.

At least one bit of good news from last season, we finished 3rd in the premier league average attendance statistics behind Man Utd and Arsenal who finished with averages of 75,530 and 60,079 we finished with an average of 50,517 just a bit better than the season before.

Lets hope we can improve next season to reward the 50,000 + who turn up each game.

Arse's attendance figure is incorrect and should read tickets bought figure, as most of there home games they didn't have a full capacity thumbsup.gif

Arse's attendance figure is incorrect and should read tickets bought figure, as most of there home games they didn't have a full capacity thumbsup.gif

Is that why the atmosphere sucks and the place is like a morgue?

Archived