How Do I Survive Living At The Farm ... Tips And Tricks Please!

David48

post-74252-0-99991100-1351994048_thumb.j

That's disgusting and if that's your crapper you must be mad.

Crapper you say. Maybe you could use is as a speaking aid.

Listen mate , i don't know where you're from. Maybe Bangladesh or somewhere that sort of thing would be a luxury. In my eyes that's pure filth and says a lot about someone who'd accept them standards. Each to his own i guess but if i'd decided to live in a place such as Issan i'd at least make sure i had somewhere decent and hygenic to take a dump. Cheapy Charlie or what ... Pfft

So strange that someone would find a toilet system, that after use water is put down to "flush" the excreted items down a pipe into a drainage system, so unhygienic.

Thomas Crapper will be turning in his grave.

So what do you do then "mate"? Vaporize yours?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that is a great idea especially for people with bad knees and backs.

Well ok grandad , each to their own. Would you accept that in your own country. Probably not but hey , Issans great eh ... You guys who'd accept that make me laugh. Dirty dogs ...

Why the fascination with the whereabouts of Davids holiday destination?

Regular forum participants would have deduced the approximate area from reading Davids many fine posts regarding the fish and prawn farm belonging to GF,s family , he even added pic,s for our edification and pleasure.

Forums are all about anonymity ,so stop with the sticky beaking.

For those that have to know where Davids wifes farm is.....

Its in Wooloomooloo, NSW.....about 4 hours s.e of Sydney.wai2.gif

Im sure many not from Australia would believe such a place exists, right?thumbsup.gif

Well certainly not 4 hours SE of Sydney!

• Like 1

I think that is a great idea especially for people with bad knees and backs.

Well ok grandad , each to their own. Would you accept that in your own country. Probably not but hey , Issans great eh ... You guys who'd accept that make me laugh. Dirty dogs ...

Why do you always assume that it is only Issan where the toilets are different anyway? I have lived in countless places over here in Thailand and toilets are much the same.

In fact I have been to numerous places around the world where the toilets are the same.

I'm sure there are some, if not many, people on here that remember toilets at the end of the garden in the UK. What about the "dunnies" in the outback.

Some people really do have a very blinkered view on things.

• Like 1

I can remember hole in the floor loo's in France about 40 years back. sad.png

Still found them in some places in France after I started travelling, less than thirty years ago.

David; not sure, but Japan does have the most outrageous WCs, with heated seats, warm-water automatic bum-wash, and a gentle, wafting warm air drier. there's more buttons on the controls than on the starship enterprise

SC

Doesn't Japan still have this 'squat' style of toilet used regularly now-a-days?

They are also used in Pakistan, Bangladesh and quite a few middle eastern countries as well.

" I have lived in countless places over here in Thailand and toilets are much the same ". Like i said some people have no standards. I wouldn't live in such a shithole my friend ( excuse the pun ) no matter which part of Thailand it was. To answer your other post. I have 3 toilets in my house. All Western standard and spotlessly clean. 1 downstairs with sink , 1 upstairs with sink and shower and 1 en-suite in the bedroom. I'm not blinkered at all and what the hell has toilets from years ago at the end of the garden got to do with today's standards. Even then it wasn't an upturned traffic cone swirling with a thousand flies. Maybe you still use an abacus to count and watch black n white TV. You can keep your filth and third world living conditions. May you be long happy slopping shit out of the minging cone.

" I have lived in countless places over here in Thailand and toilets are much the same ". Like i said some people have no standards. I wouldn't live in such a shithole my friend ( excuse the pun ) no matter which part of Thailand it was. To answer your other post. I have 3 toilets in my house. All Western standard and spotlessly clean. 1 downstairs with sink , 1 upstairs with sink and shower and 1 en-suite in the bedroom. I'm not blinkered at all and what the hell has toilets from years ago at the end of the garden got to do with today's standards. Even then it wasn't an upturned traffic cone swirling with a thousand flies. Maybe you still use an abacus to count and watch black n white TV. You can keep your filth and third world living conditions. May you be long happy slopping shit out of the minging cone.

A little harsh, don't you think. sad.png
  • Like 1

True , we're not in our own countries but that doesn't mean you have to live in a shithole. I'm not negative about Thailand or the people here. I've lived here 10 years and seen more than most folk. I just happen to call a spade a spade and comment on things as i see them but some people don't like that. If i was back in England i'd still have an opinion and voice it as much as i do here. The truth always hurts and anything controversial always attracts critisism such as yours. Boring ... far from it , it creates a little excitment for you guys defending your squalid living conditions. What , do you want everybody to fawn all over each other with farang bullshit. Now that would be boring ...

True , we're not in our own countries but that doesn't mean you have to live in a shithole. I'm not negative about Thailand or the people here. I've lived here 10 years and seen more than most folk. I just happen to call a spade a spade and comment on things as i see them but some people don't like that. If i was back in England i'd still have an opinion and voice it as much as i do here. The truth always hurts and anything controversial always attracts critisism such as yours. Boring ... far from it , it creates a little excitment for you guys defending your squalid living conditions. What , do you want everybody to fawn all over each other with farang bullshit. Now that would be boring ...

Hmmm, like you, l have 3 western style loo's etc, BUT, l will never run down another guys ''have a go'' at a different life in the way you put your thoughts over. We are all different.
  • Like 1

A little harsh, don't you think. sad.png

Well yes i guess so ...whistling.gif

GENTLEMEN Please ...

Enough with the shi*tty talk ... ermm.gif

Every poster is entitled to his or her view.

The member nanapong states that, referring to the squat toilet ... "In my eyes that's pure filth and says a lot about someone who'd accept them standards."

Well, I have to accept the cards that are dealt to me for the next few months and the power to change things, as a guest in their home, are beyond me.

So squat toilets it will be ... all I hope is that they have a nice strong rope attached to the back of the door for when I use it ... ohmy.png

Will be difficult to read the Sunday comics in there though ... assuming that my fine lady is considerate enough to walk to the end of the Farm (about 1 klm), take the Songtell (excuse the spelling) for 30 mins odd to get to the nearest decent sized LOTUS.

Honey ... are you reading this, are you taking notes?

Hmmm, like you, l have 3 western style loo's etc, BUT, l will never run down another guys ''have a go'' at a different life in the way you put your thoughts over. We are all different.

Hey Trans ... if you get a knock on the door on a Sunday morning from a white guy with a coffee and the Sunday Papers in his hand with an expectant look on his face ... well it's nice to meet you ... may I engage with one of your three loos please ... I promise not to over sully them ... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Even today they still have the the Turkish squat toilets in a few bars in Paris. I'm not so sure about in houses or apartments though. I have an apartment in Bastille , it's very old but has all the mod cons as such.

Why the fascination with the whereabouts of Davids holiday destination?

Regular forum participants would have deduced the approximate area from reading Davids many fine posts regarding the fish and prawn farm belonging to GF,s family , he even added pic,s for our edification and pleasure.

Forums are all about anonymity ,so stop with the sticky beaking.

I not really care where the OP is staying, but what does it change if somebody writes he is in that province or near that city, such a "Big" problem?

The anonymity is lifted than? Come on! Ridiculous to complain to others or me about that.

Better than, not even say in which country he will has his Long Stay. And sure not admit that it is not the Isaan!

Or does the OP not want to be in the Big Pond with all the bigger bunch of mostly, Isaan bound Falangs?

Is he a "Better" breed, has a "better" breed?

Just say in -South East Asia- from Myanmar - Philippines! (Including all the countries in between!)

To keep the BIG secret even better alive! Crazy! rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

To address the issue above ... the reason that the Farm doesn't have 'flush toilets' is simply because the effluent (sh*it) retention system they have couldn't cope the that level of volume flow.

Maybe a lot of the other guys living in remote locations have experienced this?

Depends if you shit big or shit small.

When i eat potatoes everyday it' s big. If i eat rice everyday it' s small. So in order to let the waterss in the thai plumbing flow it' s better for me to eat rice...

Interestingly i observe a couple of guys talking about living on the farm and after about 160 posts the trhead turned to shit. I hope we are all not too anally focused...

Are there any woman reading this?

Cheers

Edited by Dancealot

Wait until you try to use one on the train

GENTLEMEN Please ...

Enough with the shi*tty talk ... ermm.gif

Every poster is entitled to his or her view.

The member nanapong states that, referring to the squat toilet ... "In my eyes that's pure filth and says a lot about someone who'd accept them standards."

Well, I have to accept the cards that are dealt to me for the next few months and the power to change things, as a guest in their home, are beyond me.

So squat toilets it will be ... all I hope is that they have a nice strong rope attached to the back of the door for when I use it ... ohmy.png

Will be difficult to read the Sunday comics in there though ... assuming that my fine lady is considerate enough to walk to the end of the Farm (about 1 klm), take the Songtell (excuse the spelling) for 30 mins odd to get to the nearest decent sized LOTUS.

Honey ... are you reading this, are you taking notes?

Wait till you try and use the one on the train. Relaxing enough to do your business while hanging on, being thrown back and forth, is a skill not easily mastered. Word of advice there. Be sure your pants are down far enough that your wallet doesn't fall out.bah.gif

Edited by bunnydrops
  • Like 2

Better than, not even say in which country he will has his Long Stay. And sure not admit that it is not the Isaan!

Or does the OP not want to be in the Big Pond with all the bigger bunch of mostly, Isaan bound Falangs?

Is he a "Better" breed, has a "better" breed?

Just say in -South East Asia- from Myanmar - Philippines! (Including all the countries in between!)

To keep the BIG secret even better alive! Crazy! rolleyes.gif

Hi there ALFREDO. Mate, you are a respected poster here and, with over 1,000 posts, been around a long time.

There is no big secret where the gf's Farm is ... it's just that I don't care to discuss it.

It certainly is in Thailand and I have mentioned that.

And it's not in Issan ... and I mentioned that also.

The reason that I have come the Issan Forum, is that the guys here most likely face the day to day problems and issues that I will face, have overcome them ... hence the best group of guys to ask their experience of ... it's a compliment to the Issan Forum.

I take offence with your comment of "Is he a "Better" breed, has a "better" breed" ... you don't know me and I am sure that none of my posts come across in that way.

When I read back though this posts, I noticed that we 'liked' many of the same posts so I invite you for a beer if ever we should meet ... drunk.gif

To everyone (including you) ... keep that advice coming ... biggrin.png

• Like 1

That picture isn't my toilet anyway. It's a photo I found on the internet. I just knew it would ruffle your feathers.

Your terminology of all things Issan was getting boring and offensive. Thought I would divert your elitist drivel onto another subject.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 2

Doesn't Japan still have this 'squat' style of toilet used regularly now-a-days?

They are also used in Pakistan, Bangladesh and quite a few middle eastern countries as well.

Singapore, Malaysia, Idonesia......

That picture isn't my toilet anyway. It's a photo I found on the internet. I just knew it would ruffle your feathers.

Your terminology of all things Issan was getting boring and offensive. Thought I would divert your elitist drivel onto another subject.

That's horse shit " you knew it would ruffle my feathers. lol. I would suggest it's my " true " observations and comments that ruffles peoples feathers. Where do get " elitist " from. Just because i have very nice toilet facilities doesn't make me elite in the slightest. It's just i have certain standards but you'd hardly call them elite. I would think it normal for any Englishman. Anyhow the conversation is finished. Have a nice day :-)

Edited by nanapong

That's horse shit " you knew it would ruffle my feathers. lol. I would suggest it's my " true " observations and comments that ruffles peoples feathers. Where do get " elitist " from. Just because i have very nice toilet facilities doesn't make me elite in the slightest. It's just i have certain standards but you'd hardly call them elite. I would think it normal for any Englishman. [sC: My bold] Anyhow the conversation is finished. Have a nice day :-)

many English people much more tolerant and pleasant than you suppose. I would remind anyone reading this thread not to tar every Englishman with the same brush

SC

thumbsup.gif , sorry l cut just this bit. thumbsup.gif