Which Premiership Manager Is Gonna Be Shown The Door First

beano2274

You will not finish 3rd in the group you will be out of europe,

How far do you think youré gonna go then nev?

And to keep it on topic. Do you think you will sack SAF if you get knocked out laugh.png

Already qualified for the next stage, no messing around this season.

Great win for The Jocks this evening as well.

Thats right absolutely no messing around this year because Southampton reserves could have won your group.

If you had city's group you be now be focusing on the europa

Where are Spuds?

Edited by mrtoad

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will not finish 3rd in the group you will be out of europe,

How far do you think youré gonna go then nev?

And to keep it on topic. Do you think you will sack SAF if you get knocked out laugh.png

Already qualified for the next stage, no messing around this season.

Yeah well done on winning that league. No messing about at all against such great quality whistling.gif

You ain't gonna win and so you'll still get knocked out.

You are a bitter blue troll today laugh.png

It's weekend and the mrs wants to drag me out shopping. I'm clinging onto my laptop with my finger nails. Blood all over the keyboard biggrin.png

you know laptops are portable right boj? you can take it with you? ;)

You are a bitter blue troll today laugh.png

It's weekend and the mrs wants to drag me out shopping. I'm clinging onto my laptop with my finger nails. Blood all over the keyboard biggrin.png

you know laptops are portable right boj? you can take it with you? wink.png

Don't let the mrs know that stevie. I'll never get my iPad (or Samsung Note 10.1) wink.png for smokie

i reckon hughea next, martinez has already said the weekends game against southampton? is a must win so 4 me a defo indication win and he's got some breathing space lose and well.i fear rhe worse , our ari to white horse it in and march

them to mid table safety/glory!!

Edited by rijit

i reckon hughea next, martinez has already said the weekends game against southampton? is a must win so 4 me a defo indication win and he's got some breathing space lose and well.i fear rhe worse , our ari to white horse it in and march

Its Fernandez Rij not Martinez!! But yes, if QPR don't beat Soton at Loftus Rd this weekend its a P45

Its Fernandez Rij not Martinez!! But yes, if QPR don't beat Soton at Loftus Rd this weekend its a P45

whoops thanks carmine. Or would the Southampton Russian board be looking at ari boy to waltz in and keep them up, either way ari seems like a ghoulish shadow in the wings waiting to swoop. heaven help the manager if he turns up 4 a qpr or southampton game LOL, and ide say the odds on him being in work in the prem pretty soon would be short,is that the right way around? or perhaps that's harsh and he's down the golf club having a beer with his mates just having a laugh.

Martin O'Neill could very well be gone soon, either by choice or the chairman's choice. Awful run of results over the last 18 games. What's worse is that the football has been even worse to watch than the results. Extremely disappointing. All for giving managers a chance, but he looks lost on the touchline at the moment.

So it'll be Hughes out by monday lunchtime and scrotum face in charge by next weekend......followed by endless qoutes of "when i joined they only had 4 points from 12 games"

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

hughes looks increasingly screwed doesn't he? he never seems to do anything as a manager other than fold his arms angrily and complain a lot.

anyone know what QPR's wage bill is like? if they get relegated with all those big earners in the squad they could be buggered for a long time.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, speaking as a Saints fan, I hope and believe they will stick with Nigel Adkins. A good result yesterday, despite the pressure he and the team have been under from the media he refuses to compromise on the style of football they play. Before yesterdays game they had played the current top eight sides, it was always going to be difficult to adjust and settle down to the step up to the Premiership. Of course back to back promotion, especially last season when they went straight through the championship, was a fine achievement IMHO, certainly exceeded most fans wildest dreams to be honest. Maybe, just maybe, they have arrived in the Prem a season too early, there was an initial plan to do it in five seasons, they did it in three. But i'm not complaining! I thought they started well, they came close to pulling off wins against Man Utd and City, then came down to earth with a thumping by Arsenal which must have knocked their confidence. But the supporters are 99% behind him, (There are always a few fickle ones), as witnessed yesterday at Loftus Rd. It was so pleasing and refreshing to hear the 3,000 traveling fans showing their support for him, chanting his name from before the kickoff to the final whistle, in complete contrast to the stick Mark Hughes was getting, despite both teams being in similar situations. I hope now we can string a few results together and drag ourselves out of the mire. By any yardstick Nigel Adkins has done a fabulous job for Southampton Football Club in his three seasons there and has earned his chance at the top level. Interestingly many neutrals i speak to agree with this view and enjoy and admire the way The Saints try to play the game. This doesn't apply to Pompey supporters, naturally!

For what it's worth, speaking as a Saints fan, I hope and believe they will stick with Nigel Adkins. A good result yesterday, despite the pressure he and the team have been under from the media he refuses to compromise on the style of football they play. Before yesterdays game they had played the current top eight sides, it was always going to be difficult to adjust and settle down to the step up to the Premiership. Of course back to back promotion, especially last season when they went straight through the championship, was a fine achievement IMHO, certainly exceeded most fans wildest dreams to be honest. Maybe, just maybe, they have arrived in the Prem a season too early, there was an initial plan to do it in five seasons, they did it in three. But i'm not complaining! I thought they started well, they came close to pulling off wins against Man Utd and City, then came down to earth with a thumping by Arsenal which must have knocked their confidence. But the supporters are 99% behind him, (There are always a few fickle ones), as witnessed yesterday at Loftus Rd. It was so pleasing and refreshing to hear the 3,000 traveling fans showing their support for him, chanting his name from before the kickoff to the final whistle, in complete contrast to the stick Mark Hughes was getting, despite both teams being in similar situations. I hope now we can string a few results together and drag ourselves out of the mire. By any yardstick Nigel Adkins has done a fabulous job for Southampton Football Club in his three seasons there and has earned his chance at the top level. Interestingly many neutrals i speak to agree with this view and enjoy and admire the way The Saints try to play the game. This doesn't apply to Pompey supporters, naturally!

I don't know what this pressure from the media nonsense is, apart from on the manager. No-one I've read has expected Soton to be fighting for the league in their first attempt for decades.

The primary mission of *any* newly promoted team is to stay in the top flight, no more.

I don't know what this pressure from the media nonsense is, apart from on the manager. No-one I've read has expected Soton to be fighting for the league in their first attempt for decades.

The primary mission of *any* newly promoted team is to stay in the top flight, no more.

Agree and them as the small clubs do sit it out until a sugar daddy comes along and they can compete with the big boyslaugh.png working for city and chelsea but not so much for qpr, who are now getting the bad Karma they deservewink.png

Never mind MH, what about the naevity of Fernandes - learning the tough way!

'He was in action again on Friday when he tweeted "for the one millionth time" that Hughes would be allowed time to fashion something resembling a winning formula out of the wholesale, expensive summer reconstruction of QPR's squad.

Number one million and one was not so positive in tone .....' whistling.gif

courtesy Phil Mcnulty, Beeb Sport

If Hughes gets through till tomorrow he wil have done well, Adkins has bought himself more time, which to be fair is deserved, I think it is unfair that he has been seen to be under pressure, considering what he has done at Southampton. Martin O NIell, may be another that is now further under pressure, along with Lambert. Fernandez needs to get shot of Hughes as he has clearly lost the dressing room, and the fans are now on his back.

Believe me i doubt if any Saints supporter was expecting them to be challenging for anything, survival is the realistic goal for a couple of seasons at least. I was referring to the position of the manager. It is certainly not "Media nonsense" that he has been under media pressure, various sections of the press have been linking many other people with his job for weeks on a daily basis it seems. Just seems unjustified and unfair IMHO, considering his achievements at St Marys, at the very least it must be a distraction for him and the team during a difficult adjusting period to life in the top tier. I just wish these so called experts would look at the wider picture here and stop trying to undermine him in an attempt to create a story where none exists. Harry Redknapp's name has been linked to his job, ( Won't happen, there would be uproar at St Marys), by more than a few journalists. Of course the fact that Harry has loads of mates in the football press may have something to do with that!

Believe me i doubt if any Saints supporter was expecting them to be challenging for anything, survival is the realistic goal for a couple of seasons at least. I was referring to the position of the manager. It is certainly not "Media nonsense" that he has been under media pressure, various sections of the press have been linking many other people with his job for weeks on a daily basis it seems. Just seems unjustified and unfair IMHO, considering his achievements at St Marys, at the very least it must be a distraction for him and the team during a difficult adjusting period to life in the top tier. I just wish these so called experts would look at the wider picture here and stop trying to undermine him in an attempt to create a story where none exists. Harry Redknapp's name has been linked to his job, ( Won't happen, there would be uproar at St Marys), by more than a few journalists. Of course the fact that Harry has loads of mates in the football press may have something to do with that!

think it's just a premier league pressure thing which references the promoted clubs' owners to be honest mate. the media starts that sack race <deleted> every summer and includes the three promoted clubs in if by default based on the assumption that they're a] going to do badly results-wise and b] their owners will react knee-jerkingly accordingly.

adkins has done a great job at saints and i hope the owners recognise that. would be madness to replace him in december/january and just put the club through unnecessary upheaval.

• Like 2

Rodgers is doing OK though isn't he you muppet!

Far better than Woy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or is he Ok now because you are giving him some time cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

nobhead...............i hope you can accept the <deleted> if you give it........................probably not though call the cops!!!!!!!!!!!

Far better than Woy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or is he Ok now because you are giving him some time cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

nobhead...............i hope you can accept the <deleted> if you give it........................probably not though call the cops!!!!!!!!!!!

A rather nonsensical post mate. As i read it all Stevie did was make a perfectly sensible comment with regards the media/manager seasonal first out the door competition.

I also find it ridiculous cthat the Southampton managers position is in any doubt.

are you actually 12 years old? you're certainly the most boring, pointless poster on this forum. if that's due to you being a naive pre-teen then you get some leeway. if you're a grown-up you've got problems.

Hmmm???

Rodgers is doing fine at the moment, and partly beacuse the expectations are probably a biot lower at present. Don't know why you are having a dig at Stevie, he's one of the more enlightened posters here.

• Like 1