Which Premiership Manager Is Gonna Be Shown The Door First

beano2274

I think Hughes is a dead man walking.......I doubt very much he will be in charge at QPR this weekend.

O'Neill bought himself more time with the win at Fulham yesterday but they have been disappointing up to now.

Guys like Adkins and Rodgers are pretty safe....any talk of them being for the chop is just media hype.

But two high profile managers who will be in trouble if things dont pick up smartish......Villas-Boas (especially) and Di Matteo.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Hughes is a dead man walking.......I doubt very much he will be in charge at QPR this weekend.

O'Neill bought himself more time with the win at Fulham yesterday but they have been disappointing up to now.

Guys like Adkins and Rodgers are pretty safe....any talk of them being for the chop is just media hype.

But two high profile managers who will be in trouble if things dont pick up smartish......Villas-Boas (especially) and Di Matteo.

Why Villas-Boas? Thats nonsense.

We narrowly lost to City and were down to ten men against Arsenal. He's been without four first team players, three for practically the whole season. Modric was sold and Levy screwed up the Moutinho deal which left us very wanting. We are also a striker short and Adebayor's been injured most of the season.

Apart from a stupid comment to press after the Arse game his only real mitake has been his stupid handling of our keeper situation and to be fair, even though he should be playing Lloris in the league games brads done a decent job generally speaking.

Despite what the gutter press like to print he's not under any more pressure than is the norm in football management

We narrowly lost to City and were down to ten men against Arsenal. He's been without four first team players, three for practically the whole season. Modric was sold and Levy screwed up the Moutinho deal which left us very wanting. We are also a striker short and Adebayor's been injured most of the season.

Apart from a stupid comment to press after the Arse game his only real mitake has been his stupid handling of our keeper situation and to be fair, even though he should be playing Lloris in the league games brads done a decent job generally speaking.

Despite what the gutter press like to print he's not under any more pressure than is the norm in football management

you'd know more than me about spurs' fans feelings towards AVB carmine, but there definitely feels a bit of a bandwagon building as there was when he was at chelsea. at chelsea he suffered from not being mourinho, at spurs it's that he's not redknapp. think he also suffers a bit from what benitez went through at liverpool - he's a seemingly arrogant foreigner who doesn't give the media the soundbites they want and has a very single-minded approach. guys like that never seem to integrate or be allowed to integrate into the established order.

you'd know more than me about spurs' fans feelings towards AVB carmine, but there definitely feels a bit of a bandwagon building as there was when he was at chelsea. at chelsea he suffered from not being mourinho, at spurs it's that he's not redknapp. think he also suffers a bit from what benitez went through at liverpool - he's a seemingly arrogant foreigner who doesn't give the media the soundbites they want and has a very single-minded approach. guys like that never seem to integrate or be allowed to integrate into the established order.

Spurs fans acknowledge that Redknapp did a fine job for the club but were also delighted to see him go basically because we all saw him for what he really is. An odious self serving old crook.

The press seemingly won't give AVB a break until he's sacked but i have a feeling they have a long wait. He's been without Parker, Kaboul all season and Adebayor for most of it. The Moutinho deal cocked up in the dying seconds of the window which was a huge blow and should have been concluded well before. Now he's totally reliant on the excellent Dembele who's also crocked.

The one black mark against him is the keeper situation which has frustrated seemingly oue entire fan base which the exception of Rijit ofcourse.

I am 100% behind Villas-Boas. this is a transitional season, made far more dificult by injuries to key players and a mounting hachet job lead by Paul Jiggins and other tabloid jounos.

Its down to Levy and Joe Lewis to give him their full backing and if they do i think we have exciting times ahead.

• Like 2

yeah the keeper thing is weird. if you're not happy with friedel and think he's past it and then sign the french national keeper, why keep playing friedel? it's odd. lloris is really good and needs persisting with, excellent as friedel has been.

yeah the keeper thing is weird. if you're not happy with friedel and think he's past it and then sign the french national keeper, why keep playing friedel? it's odd. lloris is really good and needs persisting with, excellent as friedel has been.

I though he had a decent game against Arsenal. No one could fault him for any of the goals either. His distribution is generally far better than Friedal

Just very strange of AVB to choose the north london derby as his starter when he could have used the home game against Wigan. Mindyou, the only other premier league start he had was against Villa and that was our only clean sheet!

It really would take a lot of crowd pressure off him if he continued with lloris as number one and used Friedal in the cups. And you know what, i think friedal would be fine with it. He's an excellent pro thats almost certainly retiring at the end of the seaon. He's been superb for us and has to go down as one of the best keepers since the premier league was formed.

It would be outrageous if he was. He seems perfectly capable of achieving the Tiny Totts annual target of finishing in mid-table mediocrity.

biggrin.png

It really would take a lot of crowd pressure off him if he continued with lloris as number one and used Friedal in the cups. And you know what, i think friedal would be fine with it. He's an excellent pro thats almost certainly retiring at the end of the seaon. He's been superb for us and has to go down as one of the best keepers since the premier league was formed.

it always pissed me off that friedel didn't get a better career at liverpool. he was a victim of the three non-eu player thing if memory serves but going into work each day and playing backup to that walking farce that was david james must have been pretty depressing.

does seem a top pro and a top bloke whenever he's interviewed as well.

Totally Bizarre really, but Friedel has remained in great from - although I would have thought he would have put Lloris straight in. In a way Average V Boring has made a rod for his own back on that one.

Rodgers is doing OK though isn't he you muppet!

Far better than Woy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or is he Ok now because you are giving him some time cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

nobhead...............i hope you can accept the <deleted> if you give it........................probably not though call the cops!!!!!!!!!!!

are you actually 12 years old? you're certainly the most boring, pointless poster on this forum. if that's due to you being a naive pre-teen then you get some leeway. if you're a grown-up you've got problems.

Na mate you have problems.You are a Hypocritical scouser,posting on the Clattenburg thread about racist remarks made but clamming up when there is any mention of Suarez being a guilty racist....from your posts about the whole suarez affair you are the one with problems.

On the other thread you hurled insults very easily at me.....but as i suspected ...when given back you get upset,self pity city!

Villas-Boas will be gone before the end of the season.He was sacked at Chelsea because he lost the dressing room and seems well on the way to repeating this trick at Spurs.

As well as his strange ideas regarding Friedel/Lloris,what about persisting with that old man Gallas in preference to the likes of Dawson and Caulker ?

And re-signing Adebayor is a train wreck waiting to happen.He had a shocking attitude at Arsenal and City and hasnt changed for the better at Spurs,as per his shocking tackle after 20 minutes of the North London derby.

Mark my words he'll be back in Portugal before May !

Villas-Boas will be gone before the end of the season.He was sacked at Chelsea because he lost the dressing room and seems well on the way to repeating this trick at Spurs.

As well as his strange ideas regarding Friedel/Lloris,what about persisting with that old man Gallas in preference to the likes of Dawson and Caulker ?

And re-signing Adebayor is a train wreck waiting to happen.He had a shocking attitude at Arsenal and City and hasnt changed for the better at Spurs,as per his shocking tackle after 20 minutes of the North London derby.

Absolutely cobblers. Do you read that illiterate turd of a journo Paul Jiggins, from The Sun scumbag tabloid by any chance?

btw, caulker picked up an injury in the midweek England game. Adebayor has been injures almost all season but in the time he has been with us he's been an excellent signing and bares o relevence to his other clubs anyway. The only part of your post thats correct is the keeper situation and the juries still out on Gallas although dawson is hopelessly slow now.

Edited by carmine

Lambert will get to Christmas in my opinion , 3 hard games coming up Sunderland away, then man United and City.

It does seem strange that he left a club where he was "God" with a full house every home game, he should have spoke to O'Neil about Villa before he went

Because as well as he did there, he massively overachieved in Norwich's first season back in the Premiership with the squad he had. I know they have had great results this season again, against Spurs, Arsenal, and United but i still think he took the view that he had to try to take another step sooner rather than later.

Absolutely cobblers. Do you read that illiterate turd of a journo Paul Jiggins, from The Sun scumbag tabloid by any chance?

btw, caulker picked up an injury in the midweek England game. Adebayor has been injures almost all season but in the time he has been with us he's been an excellent signing and bares o relevence to his other clubs anyway. The only part of your post thats correct is the keeper situation and the juries still out on Gallas although dawson is hopelessly slow now.

Add to which when Kaboul and BAE return AVB will have a selection headache on his hands.

I hope the Lloris situation is now settled. Play him every game!

Adebayor is a handful...as he showed before his moment of madness. Other players have made stupid mistakes similarly....been criticised....and come back regardless to play fantastically.

No huge deal for us.

I thought AVB got it spot on tactically at the weekend.

Carry on.

Na mate you have problems.You are a Hypocritical scouser,posting on the Clattenburg thread about racist remarks made but clamming up when there is any mention of Suarez being a guilty racist....from your posts about the whole suarez affair you are the one with problems.

On the other thread you hurled insults very easily at me.....but as i suspected ...when given back you get upset,self pity city!

last comment on the subject. you posted a united chant about hillsborough and heysel in the liverpool thread, ergo you are pondlife. please don't bother replying to me again you tedious waste of oxygen. smile.png

Having recently had the misfortune to have glanced upon the Daily hateMail i'm now thinking you may have gleaned your misinformation from that unstructered gelatinous globule of journalism, the Spurs hating, Rednapp loving total and utter pox of an individual, Martin Samuel?

last comment on the subject. you posted a united chant about hillsborough and heysel in the liverpool thread, ergo you are pondlife. please don't bother replying to me again you tedious waste of oxygen. smile.png

You obviously didn't read the full article but that doesn't surprise me being illiterate,you like to feel hard done by i know wink.png easier to ignore facts about your once great club,toodle pip wooley back smile.png

Having recently had the misfortune to have glanced upon the Daily hateMail i'm now thinking you may have gleaned your misinformation from that unstructered gelatinous globule of journalism, the Spurs hating, Rednapp loving total and utter pox of an individual, Martin Samuel?

No way do I read the Daily Mail or The Sun !!mad.gif

Just listening to Chelsea and Spurs fans I know.....a couple of the Spurs fans go to the matches at White Hart Lane.

At the start of the season the Chelsea fans told me that it would all end in tears for AVB at Spurs.According to the Spurs fans,AVB is still just about on his honeymoon period because of the injury list.....but there are rumblings of discontent,particularily about the way he lines up the defence which makes them vulnerable to a quick break.

AVB did well at Porto but his methods just dont seem suited to the English Premiership.

When you are lying 14th in early March the axe will fall......believe me !wai2.gif

What comics do you read then?

Chelsea fans have only recently been going to watch their team since they won the russian lotto and no one gives a toss what they think anyway. As for Spurs fans muttering discontent all i can say is i hope they stay away, we don't need that fairweather support.

As much as the likes of yourself and the football press are so desperate for AVB to fail i'd find some other club to turn your attentions to because it ain't going to happen.

Kaboul Parker Dembele back, and one quality signing is all we need. His only real mistake seems now hopefully rectified by Lloris starting.

No mate, were fine thanks

Edited by carmine

What comics do you read then?

Chelsea fans have only recently been going to watch their team since they won the russian lotto and no one gives a toss what they think anyway. As for Spurs fans muttering discontent all i can say is i hope they stay away, we don't need that fairweather support.

As much as the likes of yourself and the football press are so desperate for AVB to fail i'd find some other club to turn your attentions to because it ain't going to happen.

Kaboul Parker Dembele back, and one quality signing is all we need. His only real mistake seems now hopefully rectified by Lloris starting.

No mate, were fine thanks

Do you not think AnotherVacancyBeckons dull defensive tactics are at odds with Tiny Totts fans delusions of desire for skillful, attacking football?

Let's face it, Sandro should be playing for Stoke.

Nice one Jack,now stick a few quid of your winnings on Mancini to go at the end of the season biggrin.png

Wont happen mate!!

Wonder if Hughes fancies the Chelsea job??cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe they will be daft enough to offer it to him.

Chelsea really are a joke of a club!!

Edited by JacknDanny

Have to say i feel for Di Matteo. This guy was put in the hot seat and won the European cup and FA cup just six months ago. Now a couple of months or so into the new season he is down the road. How ruthless is that? Talk in the press,( for what that's worth), is that Benitez has already been lined up for the job. Abramovich is one ruthless SOB. Probably thinks he is running one of his mafia businesses back in the old USSR. He certainly doesn't seem to have a jar of glue about running a football club in the UK. How this gangster ever passed the," Fit and proper person" test remains a mystery to me. I think that probably translates as, " Do you have lots of money? Can we have some of it? Thank you, you are a fit and proper person.".

• Like 1