Obama Likely To Win Another Presidential Term: Gallup Poll

webfact

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people point to Romney's one term governorship in Massachusetts as evidence of his worth. More like evidence of his record of extremely unethical deception and lack of any clear core political values. He RAN as almost a liberal/moderate, "more pro gay rights than Ted Kennedy" and then he passed a very good thing, Romneycare, the model for Obamacare, which he now promises to trash on his first day in office, which BTW is a blatant lie as that is objectively 100 percent impossible under law. Then mid-term he did a massive correction course and morphed into Mr. Conservative, leaving office with pathetically low approval ratings. He did this to set up his long road to the white house as a republican ... he hopes.

Romney markets himself like a product. But we don't have a label or reliable specifications for this product.

So again, what is he? What does he REALLY stand for?

Yes, we do know one thing for sure about him. We do know Romney is NOT Obama. Is that enough to win? The smart money says ... NO.

Edited by Jingthing

This can't hurt....

Politics swept aside as Obama, Christie unite over devastation

Amid the wreckage of Superstorm Sandy, an unlikely partnership blooms between President Obama, a Democrat, and onetime archenemy — and Republican — Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey.

By Seattle Times news services

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie greets President Obama on Wednesday at the airport in Atlantic City.

SEA BRIGHT, N.J. — The power of the image could not have been lost on a politician as savvy as Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey: With days to go before a cliffhanger election, a Democratic president was giving the handshake-back pat to his Republican opponent's most aggressive campaigner as they prepared to embark on a tour of damage from a catastrophic storm.

Before Sandy hit, Christie, a Republican, had been scheduled to campaign for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, but he embraced the moment. When President Obama praised the governor Wednesday after they finished their tour of storm-ravaged New Jersey — "I want to let you know your governor is working overtime" — the two were soon swapping compliments.

"It's been a great working relationship," Christie said.

"I cannot thank the president enough for his personal concern and compassion for our state," he added during a news conference.

http://seattletimes....76_sandy01.html

post-9615-0-57631400-1351750008_thumb.jp

This is the question asked by Gallup

4mpqkkjo10kro5vkmyvk6a.gif

http://www.gallup.co...n-election.aspx

There's no point trying to be objective here, it's a waste of time. What is for certain is that so much mud slinging and dishonest character assassination has been directed at Romney and the Republicans that admitting one intends to vote Republican where any suspected liberals are present is akin to admitting to indulging in human sacrifice. When people are alone inside the voting booth it may well be a different story however. Time will tell. Should Obama win then he deserves it, yes he really does deserve it, though the probable majority of Americans who vote against him certainly do not deserve it.

The far right wing mantra has been for a long time that Obama is the worst President in history. As ludicrous as such a claim would be on the merits alone, Presidential historians can never determine such a thing this early. However, if Romney loses, I daresay historians will say, and he would qualify as the worst Presidential candidate in history. He has been running for President nonstop for nearly 8 years! In an election where over $1 billion has been spent to elect the guy, he sure has to get some kind of historical distinction.

There's no point trying to be objective here, it's a waste of time. What is for certain is that so much mud slinging and dishonest character assassination has been directed at Romney and the Republicans that admitting one intends to vote Republican where any suspected liberals are present is akin to admitting to indulging in human sacrifice. When people are alone inside the voting booth it may well be a different story however. Time will tell. Should Obama win then he deserves it, yes he really does deserve it, though the probable majority of Americans who vote against him certainly do not deserve it.

Yeah, sure, there's no "mud slinging and dishonest character assassination" directed at Obama and the democrats ... rolleyes.gif Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Go on - why don't you show everyone a link to your favourite websites which show he wasn't really born in the US, is really a muslim, and is really a Kenyan citizen.

Take your pick. You know you want to...

Yep, I'm going to go on record and also predict an Obama win, based on the 7 new polls in Ohio, the global betting markets, and the electoral college. After Obama's horrible first debate, it looked doubtful, and he's been clawing his way back. The storm helped his cause, as has some PR from prominent Republicans not afraid to compliment him, and of course, his greatest surrogate, the most popular still living former President Clinton.

Obama will win.

Good news if the polls are right!!!

I am a Brit (English) and hope that Labour (equivalent of the Democrats) triumph in 3 or so years time when its our turn, so some sensibility will be retained in your country and will return to mine!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Yes, the storm crisis points out that BIG GOVERNMENT isn't so bad after all. This is a major ideological divide between the two parties.

George W. Bush gutted FEMA, unwisely placed it under Homeland Security, made a crony incompetent man it's head (the infamous "Brownie") and performed horribly poorly during Katrina.

Both Clinton and Obama reinforced FEMA and Obama is indeed performing masterfully during this current historically severe storm crisis and aftermath.

While it is true that Obama has supported a modest 3 percent cut in FEMA, Romney/Ryan budget has supported 40 percent severe cuts, sending the functions back to the states as block grants. That is totally irrational and dangerous. Only the FEDERAL government can efficiently be ready for major disasters happening any time, anywhere. There is no way that each state can do that, except maybe a few super big states, especially with a slashed federal budget, and or course they would have to raise states taxes anyway.

Americans now realize that man made global climate change is REAL and more and more are realizing the sad reality that these kinds of major climate related natural disasters ARE happening more frequently so are very likely to CONTINUE to occur more frequently. So big government like FEMA is more important than ever.

Historically with the Gallup poll, when such a commanding majority THINKS a particular side will win ... they win.

They also say when a challanger has been polling over 50% of the popular vote they win, and Romney has been above 50% for over two weeks now.

• Like 1

From what I've been told by some rednecks here in Issan the only impartial news service is Fox news. Unsure if this is 100% true however.

From what I've been told by some rednecks here in Issan the only impartial news service is Fox news. Unsure if this is 100% true however.

I hope that you are joking Angsta or being ironic. Saying that Fox News is a source of truth is like saying Pravda always told the truth or Hitler always told the truth. Fox News is one of the biggest bunch of liars on the entire planet and that's saying something as there are a whole bunch of liars around. Fox News are masters of the art of the Big Lie, tell it big and tell it often and there will always be some poor saps around who actually believe them. The fact that Fox News at present has the highest number of viewers of any US news channel just shows how many gullible people there are in the USA. Plenty of decent honourable Americans around but you won't find any of them regularly watching Fox News!

• Like 1

This poll has no basis other than who the people who were polled expect to win. Obama is the incumbent, so no big surprise, but the polls are so close that this does not mean much.

I can certainly well understand that Romney partisans would want to cling to some hope.

post-37101-0-35753800-1351741434_thumb.j

The opera ain't over till the fat New Jersey governor sings ... coffee1.gif

The article is a last cling for hope. I would prefer to have more than 50% of the vote than 50% of the expectation....

Where do they get these numbers? Absolutely absurd. No one should ever believe in any "Poll"! Right now it is almost dead even depending on which poll you read. . Less than 2% separate them. Plus now it will take another week or more to get the results because many parts of the East Coast will need to delay voting. So speculate all you want. You're just blowing it your <deleted> and pissing in the wind!

Go on - why don't you show everyone a link to your favourite websites which show he wasn't really born in the US, is really a muslim, and is really a Kenyan citizen.

Take your pick. You know you want to...

No need, Obama's record as POTUS speaks for itself, you don't need to be a birther to see how bad that stinks.

Speaking of polls. Here's two amusing ones, from the states that know them best:

Illinois: Romney vs. Obama WeAskAmerica Obama 57, Romney 41 Obama +16

Massachusetts: Romney vs. Obama Rasmussen Reports Obama 59, Romney 40 Obama +19

If Romney was such a hot Guv of Mass, why do they hate him now?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I am a Brit (English) and hope that Labour (equivalent of the Democrats) triumph in 3 or so years time when its our turn, so some sensibility will be retained in your country and will return to mine!!

This post shows a very common though completely incorrect understanding among some British people about American political parties.

The Democrats certainly contain a small fringe that could be accomodated in the British Labour Party but the main stream US Democrats are as near as makes no difference to David Cameron's style of conservatism.It's an open secret that Cameron and Obama get on extremely well not only personally but on most policy grounds (okay not so much on fiscal stimulus).Within the Democrats there are many in Congress who are far to the right of most British conservatives.Frankly it's very difficult to equate British parties to American ones, though tempting because of cultural affinity between the two countries, because the political traditions are so very different.If I can generalise - always dangerous - Americans are far more sceptical of the state and more self reliant, and their political parties reflect this.At the same time communal activity and neighbourly support is far more impressive in the US than in the UK.

• Like 1

Guess this is the end of America if he gets relected. Sort of sad really..... The US national debt when Obama took office was 10.626 trillion dollars. The current national debt is 15.566 trillion dollars. ......

So he is either an extremely generous man with the money we borrow from China, or he has a secret agenda to financially destroy America and enslave our children forever in debt.

Remind again me who got it to $10.6bn? Whathisname....And didn't that happen in so called 'good times'?

But you sure know WHY the national debt has risen so drasticaly, not ?

Just to remind you, it was used to save an economy that was driven into the ground by a well known political party.

Edited by Scott
edited

So Romney campaign donated $5000 worth of food to the Red Cross. Bastards.

That's another twist. The Red Cross explicitly states they do NOT want material goods now. You would think the man who thinks he's qualified to be "the leader of the free world" would know that.

Yeah, you can't take out 90% for admin costs from a can of food.

I lived in Florida for 9 years. When a hurricane hit, people in areas far from the destruction (of course) are asked to donate canned food, bottled water, batteries, clothes. So nothing wrong with what Romney did. Except I'm not sure it is legal for any campaign to use campaign contributions for anything other than the campaign.

• Like 1

This post shows a very common though completely incorrect understanding among some British people about American political parties.

The Democrats certainly contain a small fringe that could be accomodated in the British Labour Party but the main stream US Democrats are as near as makes no difference to David Cameron's style of conservatism.It's an open secret that Cameron and Obama get on extremely well not only personally but on most policy grounds (okay not so much on fiscal stimulus).Within the Democrats there are many in Congress who are far to the right of most British conservatives.Frankly it's very difficult to equate British parties to American ones, though tempting because of cultural affinity between the two countries, because the political traditions are so very different.If I can generalise - always dangerous - Americans are far more sceptical of the state and more self reliant, and their political parties reflect this.At the same time communal activity and neighbourly support is far more impressive in the US than in the UK.

You are always going to get different factions in all political parties (unless it is a dictatorial or communist state) across the broad spectrum of policies. However, I maintain that the Labour party in the UK is, and always has been more akin to the Democrats and Republicans to the Tories.

I would argue your point about community spirit and neighbourly support being "far more impressive in the US than the UK" - you obviously haven't been to a traditional village in England or witnessed 'the Dunkirk spirit' during the second world war!!!

It was our defiance of Hitler and determination to overcome the 'evil' of the nazi regime that won the day!!!