Decent, Affordable Places To Stay In Hdy

AsiaWolfie

will be in HDY for 2 nights (yes I have read in earlier topics that Songkhla is much more nice, but I unfortunately dont have much time), and look for a decent, moderate-priced hotel or GH ("guethow" :o )in the downtown-area. any recommendations from local Expats or people who spent some days there lately ? I heard about an appartement-style place: Louise-guest-house. anybody knows that ? its very much centrally located. what to do at HDY in 2 days ? not much probably, just the usual shopping options I guess....

Right Hat Yai

I have only stayed there a couple of times, it is generally a stop over place for people travelling down to Malaysia or the other way and shopping really.

If you ask someone for the mini bus to Trang right opposite there is a small hotel cant remember the name but is right in the center of Hat Yai close to the Central Shopping Plaza and is only about 200-300 a night air con, fan and tv hot shower so all you need really.

There are a few bars and other things to do at night but during the day it can be a bit boring.

good luck

Mike

Back about 8 years ago, stayed at the King's Hotel at the insistance of a friend. About 3 blocks from the train station if I recall, a/c, tv, well worn but clean (then anways) can't recall the price but it was budget. Is it still there? Stayed at Lee Gardens Plaza last year, buffet breakfast was disappointing (unless you crave congee & noodles to start your day) but nice 12th floor pool, mid price.

Kings Hotel

post-7171-1139377383_thumb.jpg

Lee Gardens pool

post-7171-1139377881.jpg