Where To Go Sober

bangkokboy11

I have stopped drinking for 2 months now (I was drunk every day for 10 years) and with my new lease of life I am looking to getting back in the thick of it.

All my adult life has been spent in bars...I am wondering what other people who have been in a similar situation do and where they go in Bangkok.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

I bought a chopper in a futile attempt to switch interest from increasingly expensive gogo.

didn't work out, i instead got two expenses.

I then started to think my life had no meaning so i got myself a gf,

i still dont think my life has a meaning, but got yet another expense.

...Perhaps meaning of (my) life is spending money ?

donno, i'll just have another beer as time goes by...

AA is quite active in Thailand and there are a number of meetyings. There you can find others living in BKK and staying off the booze, and they an not only share tips but also hang out with you. I think places to go is less a problem than the right people to associate with. After all, even bars serve soft drinks, but it can be hard if the people you're with are drinkers.

See pinned notice for link to AA Thailand

• Like 1

Its not easy when you first stop drinking but many people do it.

When I first got sober in AA over 30 years ago, I would go to plenty of AA meetings and soak up the fellowship, before during and after the meetings. In BKK members usually go out for a meal or coffee etc and they will enjoy the company of a new comer. Go to meetings and stick with the winners, get phone numbers off the members and if your feeling like a drink give one of them a call. This is what the fellowship is all about helping each other stay sober " One day at a time"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My advice would be to take up a sport. Be it football, badminton, squash whatever. You will find like minded people, probably some who drink and some who don't.

Since I have seriously cut down my boozing, I have been doing boxing, squash, swimming and hitting the gym much more often than when I was drinking regularly as I have much more free time (not spent drinking) as well as very few hangovers!

• 1 month later...

Go camping!

Its fun, it will make you healthy and you will meet loys of Thai women.

In fact, alcohol was technically banned from the NPs two yrs ago. Did not teally last but its far, far more low key.

Take a trip to the Indian Himalaya in summer Manali to Leh.

Dont go to Angeles City