Obama Thanks Supporters After Winning Re-Election

News_Editor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2012

Obama wins second term

Washington - MSNBC and Fox News projected late Tuesday thatUS President Barack Obama has been re-elected.

The victory came after Obama wins the Midwestern battleground of Ohio, the most hotly contested state inthe country. No candidate has won the presidency without Ohio since 1960.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-07

as of 11;47am here, there is a 900 vote spread between them, and only 3/4ths the ballots have been counted in Ohio. It aint over til the fat lady sings.

Edited by featography
  • Like 1

I guess I am old school. I support the President. I hope, now that the people have spoken, others do the same.

And yes I supported Obama For President Campaign by sending my hard earned cash and would support the other guy if he was elected. Hmm.. I forget who was the other guy?

Obama wins re-election

WASHINGTON: -- Barack Obama, the post-partisan candidate of hope who became the first black US president, has won re-election by overcoming four years of economic discontent with a mix of political populism and electoral maths.

Obama defeated Republican Mitt Romney, according to television network projections that show the president winning the electoral votes needed for re-election.

Beginning more than a year ago, Obama and his advisers cast the president as a champion of middle-class opportunity pitted against an opposition party more determined to protect preferences for the wealthy.

"After all that we've been through together, we can't give up now," Obama told a crowd of 18,000 in Madison, Wisconsin, a day ahead of the election as he made his final campaign swing of the year.

Throughout a volatile Republican nominating contest, Obama's political team never wavered from the view that its eventual opponent would be Romney, a former private equity executive whom they would portray as an out-of-touch embodiment of moneyed privilege and heartless capitalism.

Even before the Republican primary contest ended, as the public was still forming impressions of Romney, Obama and his allies began a campaign to define their opponent.

By the US summer, they inundated battleground states with commercials featuring layoffs at companies purchased by Romney's former firm, Bain Capital LLC, as well as his Swiss banks accounts and tax returns showing how he took advantage of breaks not available to most middle-income taxpayers.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.a...1107-28xvu.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2012-11-07

footer_n.gif

Obama was beatable. But the republicans picked the wrong candidate. Ironically, one of the few ones that could have beat Obama this time was Jeb Bush (still a Bush but so much better and smarter than his brother). The only republican in the field that actually competed in their bizarre primary was Jon Huntsman, coincidentally also a Mormon.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Romney was a incredibly weak candidate. This isn't a surprise at all, although it has been amusing watching people delude themselves otherwise. Any Republican with a shot of winning didn't want to risk running against Obama and is waiting for 2016.

• Like 1

Karl Rove on Fox News in denial. Revenge indeed! Congratulations to our very popular president.

obama's ahead in florida, nevada, colorado, even virginia by the looks of things. rove will never concede. he'll die first. which would be acceptable actually.

• Like 2

Well, while it does appear that Obama has won, not all the votes have been counted.

I don't think that Hawaii has closed their polls yet, but if the state goes for Romney, then I would be very surprised.

I like to wait until all the electoral votes, not the popular votes, are counted.

I had hoped to work at the Republican and Democrat conventions, but retired two years ago instead.

While I am happy to see the President reelected, who is in the Office of the President is less important to me than how he (or she) gets there because the people have the chance to make changes every four years.

In this election cycle, we have been through a very long (way too long if you ask me) and contentious campaign. In the end though, the result occurred with out a coup, without bloodshed, and without critics, whether they be other politicians, regular citizens, or reporters, hauled off for "questioning" or for incarceration merely because they did not agree with those in power. We do this every four years. If Romney had won, there would have been a smooth transition of power with a lot of complaining by those that lost and a lot of celebration by those that won but the transition would still have occurred.

David

• Like 2

Obama was beatable. But the republicans picked the wrong candidate. Ironically, one of the few ones that could have beat Obama this time was Jeb Bush (still a Bush but so much better and smarter than his brother).

and he would have brought florida with him.

it's easy to forget that rmoney was the 'sane' choice out of perry, bachmann, cain, santorum etc.

Well done Americans for not electing a religious freak who will undermine women and gay people's rights, amongst others!

Guess they figured out that the religious guy's wearing his wife's knickers.--laugh.png

• Like 1

I'm also happy with the result.

But Obama's main politcal problem is still existing: the Rep. majority in the House of Representatives. The Rep dominated represantive chamber prevented all his sane politics not for the sake of the nation but with the intention to win the next presidency. This obstruction didn't pay well. Great.

If the Reps don't change their habit Obama has the same problem like before: a brake on all sane politics, demonstarting the divide in the US populace.

Edited by puck2
  • Like 2

Well, while it does appear that Obama has won, not all the votes have been counted.

I don't think that Hawaii has closed their polls yet, but if the state goes for Romney, then I would be very surprised.

I like to wait until all the electoral votes, not the popular votes, are counted.

I had hoped to work at the Republican and Democrat conventions, but retired two years ago instead.

No need to count all the electoral votes. First one reaching 270 wins. End of story. Of course it will be interesting to see how BIG this Obama win will be. I think looking pretty big electorally speaking.