Is Your Average Thai Woman Desperate To Get Into A Serious Relationship?

thenoilif

Is your average Thai woman desperate to find a man?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is the OP Brad Pitt or something? Hordes of woman ranging from university students and upper class royalty throwing themselves at his feet. Wander what his secret is.

Nice interpretation. It's pretty obvious why you're not having much luck. You're a hater.

No I'm not Brad Pitt and I didn't say "hordes of women" or "royalty". It's not rocket science guys. Meeting good women here is no different than meeting women in any other country, in actuality it's easier in some regards.

Here's the secret, there is no secret! If you're a decent, upstanding person, have a "real" job, are committed to actually living here and not on some extended vacation and are open to Thai cultural views than you will not have a problem meeting and dating all types of good upstanding women. If you dress smartly, clean cut, and not old enough to be her father and show that you're trustworthy and not a playboy it's even easier and things open up even more.

OP from everything you write i say you need to be very careful.The one who post to you here,YES they sound to be negative but IMO sadly i believe most of what them say is true.

you will realise this after some time,when you hear the same thing over and over and catch many girl out in telling the same lies.

you seem suprised that they so keen to get involved so quick but your ego can be tricked like this.this girl say and do the same to every guy.they want as many as they can get so can process them and then maybe choose the best option who have most money and easy to control/dupe.

some will go on with dating many guy just for fun and get what she can off each guy.

if you dont believe this then keep dating and you will see.if they think you rich and stupid they will keep interest but if they think you to smart..well will loose interest very fast

i did same as you.try to date good girl, but this kind of girl be very heavy maitenance,soon you will find your wallet have terminal cancer from all the dating!

Do you think the vp of marketing at a major department store with a masters degree from northwestern univ. is an ex bargirl or doesn't speak good enough English to carry on a meaningful conversation?

Or a woman working at the UN with a law degree from Georgetown doesn't speak good English or is ex-bargirl?

Neither one needs money. They both make top salaries, and come from well educated and worldly families. As I said in my initial post I met them through friend of a friend as I did with most of the girls I've dated.

For college educated girls especially the ones that studied abroad their English is very good and in some cases dam_n near fluent so there is zero communication issues. Regardless, with some basic Thai anyone with some confidence can be charming enough to meet regular women and date them.

The whole jist of this thread basically got derailed about 4 posts in. The original question was do guys find Thai women to be overzealous in expressing their feelings when dating guys but it turned into the typical all women are bargirls and if I am unable to meet normal girls then it's impossible for someone else b.s.

Look guys I really have no reason to lie. I'm didn't start this to boast, I honestly have just been wondering if anyone of you shared the same experiences and if it made you feel hesitant about continuing to date a woman if she acted that desperate but I think it's a cultural thing.

The point is "normal" Thai girls (i.e., the 90%+ who don't date farangs) aren't "desperate" as you say. But the ones who date farangs tend to be that way, from my intense observations over the years. Farangs tend to judge Thai women based on who they've been with and quite frankly, these women just aren't representative of the typical Thai gal by and large.

And since you brought up English proficiency of Thai women as being an important criteria, how about check out this article that a guy wrote recently (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2012/reader7802.htm). This is one of the reasons I'd prefer Thai women who can't speak English. But it does help if you can speak Thai. Well can you? By the way, in Thailand, there is zero correlation between level of education and English proficiency. Thai universities, excluding international and English programs, teach exclusively in Thai.

Tingtongtourist,

Thank you for your reply and insight. You actually got the gist of my OP. As I stated previously, my first reaction to their eagerness was “run for hills” but after getting similar reactions from several women, with some really having zero financial motivations, I started to think that this was just a common thing. I am in no hurry to enter into a serious relationship and generally date a women for a long period of time before making such a commitment, just a good habit developed from dating in the West. Just because they have emotional feelings towards me doesn’t mean that the feelings are reciprocated, especially after only a couple of meetings.

Berkshire,

Firstly, if you read the entire thread you would have saw on the first page that I corrected the word “desperate” to “impatient”.

Secondly, that story you linked has nothing to do with the cases I have brought up. The point I was making about English speaking Thai women is that there tends to be less of a communication problem and the woman in that article is not representative of the “typical Thai gal” you alluded to. You have to ask yourself, why would a woman with such an impressive background be on one of the Thai“dating” sites? If she is actually a real person, she obviously is one of those women who has been pampered with attention from foreigners and went on to the Internet to continue to get attention from many men, not exactly the actions of a nice normal Thai girl. She is actually acting more like a foreign woman who has gotten full of herself, not surprising given that she lived in the West for an extended period of time. There are also many other red flags in that article that show the characteristics of a woman that either originally was a bargirl or married for money. I will agree with you that some of the women who have dated foreign men can develop this attitude since foreign men tend to also be a bit more eager to be p-whipped then their Thai counterparts and put their women on pedestals This behavior is more like that of a bargirl. ½ of the women I have dated have never even dated a foreigner before while two others had never been in a serious relationship outside of a few short flings in college while they were abroad.

Even though this thread is not about this I’ll address my opinion and experience on the matter. All of you who are saying that normal Thai women don’t date farangs are really not giving anything to back that up.

I have found that once you get outside of the money grubbers and bargirls, money is no longer a driving force behind dating, it helps in certain situations but there is much more to it. It actually becomes just like Western dating. If you are unable to meet women or easily get dates back home then you’ll have the same problem with normal women here. Once she has a college education, a real career, and if she comes from a good family she will look for the same thing in the guy she dates. These women also have some form of English education as they are now starting to teach English at most schools (public and private) at a very young age.

I think the problems are foreigners come here expecting all women to be easy targets because of the experiences they have with bargirls and poor country girls. They think that because they’re from the West, all Thai women are easy targets. They just need to sit back, flash some cash and they will all come running with their panties in hand. If that’s what you want it can be had but not with most normal Thai women.

Any good normal women (Thai or Western) wants a guy who is stable, similar in age, has a career, makes a respectable salary, present himself well, treats her with respect and has family values. I guess this is a tall order for most of you given some of the responses but it’s understandable and common sense. Of course the better looking you are (blond hair blue eyes is highly desirable to most Thai women), the higher your education and salary the more desirable you will be. A woman with a Masters Degree or higher, and with a top salary job wants someone similar and fortunately for farangs, fewer and fewer Thai men meet this criteria. This will get you the date but in order to get to the serious relationship part, you have to pass the family test. Unless the family is ok with their daughter living abroad, you will more than likely have to show a serious commitment to living here long term. I would imagine the latter being one of the biggest issues facing farangs as most young professionals aren’t committed to that.

In my field, all of my male colleagues are here on expat packages and work for international companies. All of them have above average educations and all date normal, well-educated women and most of the women are from upper middle class and high society families. These women get sent abroad for high School, college, and even some work and often times date foreigners during this time. They come back to Thailand with a preference for foreign men as apposed to Thai’s.

I guess in the end you just need to ask yourself, do you really want a normal Thai woman or are you content with a bargirl or poor country girl? All are available they just want different things.

Edited by thenoilif

I think the problems are foreigners come here expecting all women to be easy targets because of the experiences they have with bargirls and poor country girls. They think that because they’re from the West, all Thai women are easy targets. They just need to sit back, flash some cash and they will all come running with their panties in hand. If that’s what you want it can be had but not with most normal Thai women.

Rather than quote your entire piece above, I just quoted a small portion--which I agree with, by the way. So to answer the question you posed in your OP (and in the thread title), I'd say "no." Whether it's "desperate" or "impatient," normal Thai women aren't typically like that. If they are, then there's a reason. I'd say money is usually a big driver in Thai/farang relationships, but since you insists it's not, then it's got to be something else. Perhaps the women you're dating are not particularly attractive (by Thai standards) or are well past their sell-by date. Women like that are not necessarily bad catches, because they're clearly ready. But "impatience" to me smacks of desperation and is a definite turn-off.

Perhaps you need to up your game and date women who have options. By that I mean physically attractive and independent women who knows that she can pick and choose. You'll find these women are the exact opposite of "impatient" and "clingy." Trust me, I've dated a few. Very similar to western women in that you need to keep them interested, not just with buckets of baht, but with wit and charm as well. Can be hard work, but worth the challenge. Again, these women that I've been with prefer to speak Thai, so if you can't speak Thai, you're not really in the running.

If you do speak Thai, then you're in a different category and can actually compete with the Thai guys for quality Thai women.

No you can't, normal Thai girls don't want foreigners as partners.

Once she has a college education, a real career, and if she comes from a good family she will look for the same thing in the guy she dates.

I totally agree and that person will be, someone her own nationality, own age and own social status. (as in 'not a foreigner')

Edited by TommoPhysicist

An average Thai woman is not desperate. A serious relationship is built on mutual attractive feelings and shared trust.

They are two separate considerations which are hard to compare, in any culture.

This i why i cannot vote.

Ok desperate was not the right word. Maybe impatient is better.

I understand what you're saying and I agree but from a Thai woman's point of view I think the list of things that attract them or much more simple than a western woman's ideals.

Good reasoning, my dear fellow; Isn't that the thing that attracts Farang to them the most as well? The simpleness. Mutual attraction.

In my field, all of my male colleagues are here on expat packages and work for international companies. All of them have above average educations and all date normal, well-educated women and most of the women are from upper middle class and high society families. These women get sent abroad for high School, college, and even some work and often times date foreigners during this time. They come back to Thailand with a preference for foreign men as apposed to Thai’s.

The group you have described are not normal Thai girls.

• Like 1

The OP says he is on an expat package so we can assume his salary is good for Thailand. He also insists money is not important for the Thai women he dates. Those women must know he earns well because as he says, "they are introduced through friends of friends." My question is, would those same women be as interested if he were on a 30,000baht teacher'S salary?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Thaivisa Connect App

I think it all depends on your lifestyle and personality what girls you attract or meet.

For me, I am living a quite life in the countryside in a traditional Thai village and I can say that for girls and women getting a into a relationship with a farang is low down on their priorities and they could be no way described at desperate!. They are busy living their own lives, working and taking care of their families and friends.

Now, if I was to go in the city to the bars etc then the kid of women there are going to be different. Also any typical young university student is not going to be a good bet for a long tern serious relationship - Thai or Farang.

Also someone saying they miss you after the first date is not a problem. Its nice and polite and shows that they are interested in you.

I am sick of people saying they can not have meaning full conversations with Thai girls. Perhaps if then men learnt to speak Thai then that might help a bit?! Also what kind of meaningful conversation do you want on your fists couple of dates? Those time should be fun and light hearted just to get to know each other.

I

Is the OP Brad Pitt or something? Hordes of woman ranging from university students and upper class royalty throwing themselves at his feet. Wander what his secret is.

thats exactly why photos were requested !!!

If you do speak Thai, then you're in a different category and can actually compete with the Thai guys for quality Thai women.

Once she has a college education, a real career, and if she comes from a good family she will look for the same thing in the guy she dates.

I totally agree and that person will be, someone her own nationality, own age and own social status. (as in 'not a foreigner')

I agree, IF the said foreigner is on an extended holiday. If the foreigner is living in Thailand, it's a very different story.

The OP says he is on an expat package so we can assume his salary is good for Thailand. He also insists money is not important for the Thai women he dates. Those women must know he earns well because as he says, "they are introduced through friends of friends." My question is, would those same women be as interested if he were on a 30,000baht teacher'S salary?

I'm going to be a bit condescending here because it really is warranted. In what part of the world is this not an important part of dating and relationships? My point in saying that it wasn't about money was to not portray these women as money grubbers. They have their own money from work and their family but as with any good family they want the best for their daughter. Women know this and aren't going to waste their time if their family isn't going to approve of the relationship. If they know the guy isn't going to stick around or be able to help contribute to the family's well being than why would they allow their daughter to date him. There are no retirement homes here and even the wealthiest families look for the younger generations to support the older once they can no longer care for themselves. It's left up to each family to take of their own. A major difference between Thai and Western culture is in Thailand younger generations truly "respect" their parents. If the family has financial means to do so, the children will live at home until they marry and part of the approval process is the man must demonstrate that he can be a good provider for their daughter and possible grand children. He also must demonstrate that he is a respectable and decent man. I've actually witnessed the "interview" process that takes place between a family and potential suitor and it consisted of the man and woman sitting in front of the entire family, in this case over twenty people, and basically he went through an interview process. "Face" is a major part of Thai culture and most good families especially the business oriented ones will not risk losing face by accepting someone considered "undesirable" to be allowed to marry into the family. Many normal Thai women know this and it prompts them to be picky about who they date.

This being said, I am sure that there are a lot of teachers on this site so what I'm about to say is not my personal belief but what I've gathered of Thai society in general. Thai's don't look at foreigner English teachers as respectable people. That 30,000 baht a month may be a more than most Thai's make but it amounts to minimum wage for a foreigner in Thailand and one of the lowest jobs we can obtain. Thai's know it doesn't take much for a foreigner to get a teaching job here as they've seen convicted pedophiles, druggies, backpackers, high school drop outs, etc. get teaching jobs for years. Not to mention that they perceive foreign English teachers as mostly whore mongers, criminals who were forced to leave their home country and hide out in Thailand, or just people who couldn't make it in their home country. There is also the biggest issue of all and that's the fact that teachers are transients. Very few stay here for extended periods of time and most good families fear that their daughters will be taken away to another country. If all you've experienced are bargirls and money grubbers than all of this may not apply because the same family devotion that keeps a good girl from dating a bad guy also can prompt a girl, good or bad, to settle for a relationship solely based on money. Unfortunately this is the predominant perception that foreigners have of Thai women.

Based on my experience and the experience of others, I believe that I and many of the "new" young professional expats that are making their way to Thailand meet these "desirable" traits that normal Thai's look for and are having more success with normal women as apposed to previous generations of foreign visitors. We make comparable salaries to an upper middle class or even some high-so Thai's. Our jobs are usually long term contracts and the nature of our work basically requires us to learn to speak Thai and understand the culture in order to do business in this country. Through doing business, we develop connections and friendships with Thai's and spend more time in places that cater to Thai's. It also helps that trends in Thailand are shifting from East Asian preferences to western preferences. Girls now swoon over Western actors and pop stars and some of the more vain ones long for a "luk kreung" baby from a blond haired blue eyed father. Many University girls outside of the more conservative Chulalongkorn set, are more than eager to date young foreign guys.

Based on my experience and the experience of others, I believe that I and many of the "new" young professional expats that are making their way to Thailand meet these "desirable" traits that normal Thai's look for and are having more success with normal women as apposed to previous generations of foreign visitors. We make comparable salaries to an upper middle class or even some high-so Thai's.

Again you are mistaking the girls you are talking about with 'normal Thais'. Less than 20% of the Thai population finish high-school. Someone with a degree is not 'normal' or 'average' but a member of the elite. A girl educated abroad is among the 'super-elite'. Normal Thai girls left school at age 13 and work in factories and farms (and as sex workers). What you take for granted in a western woman is exceptional in a Thai woman.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

“No you can't, normal Thai girls don't want foreigners as partners.”

“I totally agree and that person will be, someone her own nationality, own age and own social status. (as in 'not a foreigner')”

“The group you have described are not normal Thai girls.”

“Again you are mistaking the girls you are talking about with 'normal Thais'. Less than 20% of the Thai population finish high-school. Someone with a degree is not 'normal' or 'average' but a member of the elite. A girl educated abroad is among the 'super-elite'. Normal Thai girls left school at age 13 and work in factories and farms (and as sex workers). What you take for granted in a western woman is exceptional in a Thai woman. “

Let me ask you something. In any part of the world, and on average, does a banker date a factory worker? Does a farm hand date a doctor? Not so much but I would still consider all of these people “normal” within their society. When the word “normal” and Thai women get used generally we are referring to women outside of the sex trade industries. A high-so girl and a shop girl are normal people just in different social classes so a foreigner can date women from any of these classes as long as he integrates himself and is accepted in these classes and just because he’s a foreigner doesn’t exclude him from this either. I have already explained in depth how this works so not going to do it again.

I will just say that, unlike yourself, I have personally experienced this and know many people who have dated, been in serious relationships and married all types of Thai women whereas you just want to make simple, blanket statements with zero back-up.

As for your statement about education, did you ever stop and think that your statistics are nationwide and really do not apply to what I’m talking about. Where do most young, professional foreigners live and work? Hmmm, maybe the cities and especially BKK where the percentage of university educated women increases dramatically. Given that Thailand is mostly an agricultural country with only a couple of metropolitan areas it's safe to say that the "normal girls" I am mostly speaking of are urbanites. It would also be safe to say that young, professional expats do not represent the foreign population currently residing in Thailand so your overall points are a bit moot. If you want to date a factory worker or a farmer then go be a farmer or factory worker, you will have no problem finding a woman.

What it boils down to is many foreigners and by the sound of things you’re in this demo, come here and stay in familiar places and do the typical foreign route through Thailand. They stay mostly in areas where there are other foreigners. They learn little useful Thai, know nothing about or refuse to adapt to local customs and culture. They choose to let women come to them and the ones that do are not “normal women” as a normal Thai woman is generally shy and conservative. The man has to initiate the conversation and in many cases the guy has to be “familiar” to the woman. Foreigners just assume they have zero chance, give up before it happens, too lazy to try or really have no clue on how to become a “local” that they don’t even bother but based on my experience it can and does happen if you make the effort.

If you want to date a factory worker or a farmer then go be a farmer or factory worker, you will have no problem finding a woman.

What it boils down to is many foreigners and by the sound of things you’re in this demo, come here and stay in familiar places and do the typical foreign route through Thailand. They stay mostly in areas where there are other foreigners. They learn little useful Thai, know nothing about or refuse to adapt to local customs and culture. They choose to let women come to them and the ones that do are not “normal women” as a normal Thai woman is generally shy and conservative. The man has to initiate the conversation and in many cases the guy has to be “familiar” to the woman. Foreigners just assume they have zero chance, give up before it happens, too lazy to try or really have no clue on how to become a “local” that they don’t even bother but based on my experience it can and does happen if you make the effort.

Wrong assumptions

I am a farmer, I have married a Thai girl who is also a farmer (and owns her own farm near Wiang Sa in Nan province).

There are no other foreigners living near us, and nobody can speak English, I have to speak Thai.

I am surrounded by normal Thais who ALL finished school at age 13, apart from my wife, and step-daughter whom I pressured into attending high school (wife has almost finished).

About the initiating conversations ..... not true, I walk around with my 1 year old son, I am inundated with conversations by Thai ladies. Although some may not consider, "isn't he cute, isn't his skin white, can I hold him", etc., etc. to be much of a conversation.

Do you actually read my posts? How are those wrong assumptions if I just said that if u want to date a farmer be a farmer which you are, if you want to date a Thai women speak the language and learn the customs which you have and of course there are no other foreigners where you are because most foreigners live in the cities where things are more familiar. Most do not want to do what takes to live in the country.

You also continue to make the wrong comparisons. I have also found women in the country to be much more chatty and friendly with strangers then in the city and again I am mostly talking about the city. Women are also much more aggressive with meeting men in the country as well. I know a few foreign men who live in similar situations and they are the talk of the village. I know two guys who are the only foreigners in a small village up in Issan. Both have married local ladies and retired on good pensions. They have, by Issan standards, mansions, cars, and own their own farms. They several kms outside of the nearest town but when they or their families roll in they are celebrities. I really don't consider this a good example of "normal Thai" life, do you?

It's funny that you brought this up because I just came back from a weekend trip to Kohn Kaen. I've been a few times before and each time I experienced the same thing. I met a girl, Bee is her name, a young uni student studying Japanese culture and hung out with her and her friends (all uni students) all weekend. Went to the main strip of restaurants and bars. Ended up at U-bar for any of you that have been to kohn kaen. A bar that would be right at home on RCA in BKK. Packed to the gills and I was the only foreigner in the place. Everytime I left the table to go to the restroom I was stopped numerous times by various women offering me a drink or just to say hi. Everyone was very friendly and polite. Great place to spend a weekend. I know this isn't just me either as many of my friends have hung out in Kohn Kaen and had the same experience. I'm sure that the lure of a better life is more of a driving force here but they are still normal women and it still shows how easy it can be to meet Thai women if you get out there and interact.

Based on my experience and the experience of others, I believe that I and many of the "new" young professional expats that are making their way to Thailand meet these "desirable" traits that normal Thai's look for and are having more success with normal women as apposed to previous generations of foreign visitors. We make comparable salaries to an upper middle class or even some high-so Thai's.

Again you are mistaking the girls you are talking about with 'normal Thais'. Less than 20% of the Thai population finish high-school. Someone with a degree is not 'normal' or 'average' but a member of the elite. A girl educated abroad is among the 'super-elite'. Normal Thai girls left school at age 13 and work in factories and farms (and as sex workers). What you take for granted in a western woman is exceptional in a Thai woman.

Less than 20% of the Thai population finish high-school.

Do you have a source for that?

Is Your Average Thai Woman Desperate To Get Into A Serious Relationship?

No, they weren't.

As for the poll what they said and when, i dont have any interest in what they say so i cant answer, i only count if they give head, it took about a month of dating

I'm going to be a bit condescending here because it really is warranted. In what part of the world is this not an important part of dating and relationships? My point in saying that it wasn't about money was to not portray these women as money grubbers. They have their own money from work and their family but as with any good family they want the best for their daughter. Women know this and aren't going to waste their time if their family isn't going to approve of the relationship. If they know the guy isn't going to stick around or be able to help contribute to the family's well being than why would they allow their daughter to date him. There are no retirement homes here and even the wealthiest families look for the younger generations to support the older once they can no longer care for themselves. It's left up to each family to take of their own. A major difference between Thai and Western culture is in Thailand younger generations truly "respect" their parents. If the family has financial means to do so, the children will live at home until they marry and part of the approval process is the man must demonstrate that he can be a good provider for their daughter and possible grand children. He also must demonstrate that he is a respectable and decent man. I've actually witnessed the "interview" process that takes place between a family and potential suitor and it consisted of the man and woman sitting in front of the entire family, in this case over twenty people, and basically he went through an interview process. "Face" is a major part of Thai culture and most good families especially the business oriented ones will not risk losing face by accepting someone considered "undesirable" to be allowed to marry into the family. Many normal Thai women know this and it prompts them to be picky about who they date.

This being said, I am sure that there are a lot of teachers on this site so what I'm about to say is not my personal belief but what I've gathered of Thai society in general. Thai's don't look at foreigner English teachers as respectable people. That 30,000 baht a month may be a more than most Thai's make but it amounts to minimum wage for a foreigner in Thailand and one of the lowest jobs we can obtain. Thai's know it doesn't take much for a foreigner to get a teaching job here as they've seen convicted pedophiles, druggies, backpackers, high school drop outs, etc. get teaching jobs for years. Not to mention that they perceive foreign English teachers as mostly whore mongers, criminals who were forced to leave their home country and hide out in Thailand, or just people who couldn't make it in their home country. There is also the biggest issue of all and that's the fact that teachers are transients. Very few stay here for extended periods of time and most good families fear that their daughters will be taken away to another country. If all you've experienced are bargirls and money grubbers than all of this may not apply because the same family devotion that keeps a good girl from dating a bad guy also can prompt a girl, good or bad, to settle for a relationship solely based on money. Unfortunately this is the predominant perception that foreigners have of Thai women.

Based on my experience and the experience of others, I believe that I and many of the "new" young professional expats that are making their way to Thailand meet these "desirable" traits that normal Thai's look for and are having more success with normal women as apposed to previous generations of foreign visitors. We make comparable salaries to an upper middle class or even some high-so Thai's. Our jobs are usually long term contracts and the nature of our work basically requires us to learn to speak Thai and understand the culture in order to do business in this country. Through doing business, we develop connections and friendships with Thai's and spend more time in places that cater to Thai's. It also helps that trends in Thailand are shifting from East Asian preferences to western preferences. Girls now swoon over Western actors and pop stars and some of the more vain ones long for a "luk kreung" baby from a blond haired blue eyed father. Many University girls outside of the more conservative Chulalongkorn set, are more than eager to date young foreign guys.

You actually witnessed the interview , in what capacity ? You are Family ? Stop b...s.....ing. Please.

To sort of end discussion if a "normal or average" Thai girl would marry a foreigner, there is the history of a, let's say hi-so Thai girl going to the US to study at a university. She met a farang there and married him. After 26 years the marriage got divorced but, hey, that's more than average for a US marriage clap2.gif

Some might already know that I'm referring to princess Ubol Ratana and that clearly shows, that in no level of Thai society there is a ban for marrying a farang. All up to the girl!

Bye,

Derk - who has a university diploma and picked a country girl with 6 years of school

Do you have a source for that?"

He's actually pretty close on this one but the percentage increases dramatically once you get into the major cities so his data is really irrelevant to the discussion.

"You actually witnessed the interview , in what capacity ? You are Family ? Stop b...s.....ing. Please."

Yes I witnessed the interview. I don't understand why you think this is unbelievable. Thai people are very welcoming. The woman's father is an executive at the company I work for and he took me under his wing when I first moved here and sort of adopted me. He actually introduced me to one of the woman I dated.

Why would I lie about any of this? If I wanted to boast I would have said that I slept with all of these women. Just dating them isn’t exactly some status achieving event or really anything to boast about, my question was legit and I was just trying to gauge if Thai women tend to be a little more open about their feelings compared to Western women, that’s it.

Edited by thenoilif

Technology......is the cause for the OP's concern.

Before technology....or as I write, maybe a better word would be "internet", this has opened up the whole world to everyone, from the girl working in the rice paddy to the girl who has had half the education that us westerners take for granted.....all now can see how the other half live.

It is just human nature that they want to be able to live the lifestyle that they never knew existed before. They are young and curious.

So.....the easy ticket is a farang.......need I say more!?

Do you have a source for that?"

He's actually pretty close on this one but the percentage increases dramatically once you get into the major cities so his data is really irrelevant to the discussion.

So.. where do you get your stats from? Simple question. No need to run away and hide.