Krabi Tourism Hit By Dutch Video Clip

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel very sad for the Girl & have huge respect for the Father in finding a way to hit the corrupt officials in the only way that will hurt, loss of money & face, this, hopefully will be one step in dragging this Country out of the dark age that it is stuck in as far as law & order & respect for other nationality's by the people with power here. Unfortunately there will always be ' Street Animals ' amongst the vast majority of decent Thai's, just as there are in every other Country on the planet...

If it were my duagher I would just go to krabi and shoot him through the head, I wouldnt care how long i spent in jail

And based on the case here in Chiang Mai where the Aussie executed an American you would only be senteced to 2.5 years which the Aussie was sentenced and served his measly 2.5 years and was set free bah.gif for a execution killing

sick sick sick SHAME ON THAILAND

Farang kills farang - 2.5 years

Thai kills farang - 0 years (duck season open all year round)

Farang kills Thai - 25 years

TIT

• Like 1

OH How I applaude this father for doing this but what a sad state of affairs when you have to get justice for your loved ones by doing this.But it just shows what this country is like the only way to get anything done is to hurt their tourist trade.

It just show's the mind set of the thai male,bought up like a little prince,never told right from wrong,never punished for doing wrong so the grow into an adult thinking they can do anything they want with the maturity of a 5 year old with no come back's.

I hope the the father of the girl who has just been attacked by another animal in Koh Samui does the same sought of thing.

Hit This Country where hit Hurts Them It's all about money and face but most of them are 2 faced anyway so why do they care so much.

The Land Of Smile crap wore very very thin years ago.Smile and stab you in the back more like

I have just had to leave my business and my home in Phuket for having the audacity to sound my horn at a maniac mini bus driver to stop him hitting the front of my truck.His response was to pull up in front of me jump out pull open my door and punch me in the face.Then later that night going around with 5 more retarded thugs looking for me and threatening to kill me and burn my house down and because they are from a "BIG" family in Rawai nothing will done if they harm me.

• Like 1

You have to feel for the family, I really hope it goes viral! I really hope it hurts these bastards where they only ever feel anything - not in their consciences but in their pockets! Well done sir, I take my hat off to you and I hope you get the justice you ask for - Good Luck!

Farang kills farang - 2.5 years

Thai kills farang - 0 years (duck season open all year round)

Farang kills Thai - 25 years

TIT

TIT == This is Thailand.

It is also sickening, disgusting and wrong.

It really is about time that some of this vile filth is taught a lesson.

• Like 1

Over the last few years dozens of foreign women have been raped and some killed. The Thai men don't give a flying <deleted> about foreigners. The Thai police aren't capable of dealing with this properly. Do they really care? Women must travel in pairs - anywhere - anytime. Maybe the 20 year old German girl who lost her right hand thumb in a knife attack in Krabi only a few months ago and this Dutch guy can sing a duet about how dangerous Thailand is.

Tourists are such an easy target, in a foreign country, so far from home. They return home robbed, shattered and abused with very little likelihood that they will return and testify against the perpetrator of the crime. It just so hard for them.

And we have to remember that normal law abiding Thais are also the victim of similar violent crimes too.

• Like 2

BP and The Nation did not report the initial rape story only the video story and its damage to tourism.

Why would the Thai papers report the rape of yet another farang girl, as if they would care less and it might harm tourism. However the video is a different matter as it potentially affects finances of the rich, powerful, corrupt and indifferent, their shareholders.

I doubt many will share this opinion but I believe Thailand is better as a sex tour destination as this is what it does best, this opposed to a family or general destination, as it has no will or desire to do anything whatsoever those type of keep travellers safe. Of course most have no problems, but I wonder out how many really do that we never hear about. After all it takes international media attention to even get a bi-line in the local tabloids, pretensious about being actual newspapers as they are.

• Like 1

191,731 and climbing on facebook. Got to applaud the father and some of the posts are very,very strong.

The guy is in trouble for sure.

I know what you mean but the really sad thing is, they will probably lynch the piece of turd, and that will be the end of it - The problem here goes so much deeper - I agree chopping that bastards head off is a start, but the axe needs to swing in a lot more circles than just the perpetrator - the roitten apples have spoiled the barrel for a long time. Thailand needs a complete overhaul, right from the top, a cull - weed out the rot, destroy the disease in this country once and for all.....hack it away!

Get out the Machetes, and prune the rotting branches of the rotten tree - it needs saving, but I fear that the disease is endemic, and even the roots are contaminated!

Edited by Briandajew
  • Like 1

This is a very smart campaign, hitting the Thais in the pocket where it hurts them. It is the only way to get their attention that "civilized' people do not tolerate crap like this.bah.gifThere is a increase in violent crime including, rapes and stabbings from groups of youth in gangs on scooter motorbikes who seem either untouchable by the police or the police have no interest in stopping their crime spree. The other problem is the the local courts and judicial system is ineffective with the violent criminals when they are caught. source

I have noticed many people commenting on the Youtube vid asking people to boycott Krabi and contacting tourist operators and letting them know why they are going to other places.

It's not a campaign, it's a understandable angry father's outcry, who's daughter was a victim of a severe crime. Civilized people...read the end of this post and just compare the rape stats worldwide. Your source isn't worth anything from that statement, it's an opinion of some blog. Hold's no weight at all.

I hope that this is truly the tip of the iceberg. The western world has little reference on the actual conditions that prevail in Thailand. Travel agencies do little dilligence and foreign embassys are sickening with regard to the pc manner that they sweep shit under the carpet.

Thailand has a civil war going on in the South, Extensive drug and weapons smuggling on most of its north and North Eastren borders. In all of the high profile toursit areas like Phuket,Bangkok and Pattaya, local and foreign Mafia and corrupt police control and orchestrate no end of vilonce, crime and extorsion. For those visiting these incidents seem like a one off occurance but for those of us living here they are a day to day event to which we become indIferent and often blase.

There is little accountability for Government or authorities and it will stay the same unless we can hit them where it hurts.

In think what this Dutch father has done is commendable and the more videos pertaing to crimes against tourist that can become viral on the internet the better. It is time the outside world came to know the true Thailand and the massive fallacy of how they promote themselves to potential visitors.

Krabi was as Hua Hin , one of the more sedate and pristine destination for familys and those who wished to enjoy Thailand without the vilonce, sex and debauchery aspect which is truly the only Hub this Nation can currently elude too.

Over the past few years this has been eroded as greed, corruption and disregard and distain for any form of law becomes common place .. This can oly happen in Krabi under the same conditions that it happens in Pattaya. The inmates run the institution. These groups could not operate with impunity nor would an individual such as a rapist if they felt that they could not deal with what has to pass as police in this country.

Sorry, but I live in Bangkok day in and day out and NEVER come across this sort of stuff. You make Bangkok (Phuket is a different story) sound like a crime central city, where you are not safe to go anywhere at night. This is just not true. The crimes against visitors are bad, but don't forget Thai's experience this as well. How about saying all crimes need to be fixed and stop dividing tourists and Thai's and forgetting that Thai's (especially middle and low class) get screwed every day by the legal system.

Over the last few years dozens of foreign women have been raped and some killed. The Thai men don't give a flying <deleted> about foreigners. The Thai police aren't capable of dealing with this properly. Do they really care? Women must travel in pairs - anywhere - anytime. Maybe the 20 year old German girl who lost her right hand thumb in a knife attack in Krabi only a few months ago and this Dutch guy can sing a duet about how dangerous Thailand is.

Tourists are such an easy target, in a foreign country, so far from home. They return home robbed, shattered and abused with very little likelihood that they will return and testify against the perpetrator of the crime. It just so hard for them.

And we have to remember that normal law abiding Thais are also the victim of similar violent crimes too.

Those Thai men that do these crimes also don't give a f*** about Thai women as well. I agree with your point that people are acting like this stuff only happens to foreigners, the truth is it doesn't and happens to us less than it happens to Thai's. Ask a Thai and they will tell you everything about Thailand, police etc and it's all from experience against them. It is not one side, out to get foreigners all the time.

And not belittling the fact this is a serious and horrible crime, which it is. How about some comparisons, since so many people here are acting like Thailand is the only place and worst place this happens in the world.

UN statistics for recorded rapes in 2010.

Thailand was at 4636 (6.9 per 100,000) (you can imagine that most of unreported rapes occur in low income areas, country etc) so these statistics would likely cover, Bangkok and major tourist areas.

Rape in the US 84,767 reported cases at 27.3 per 100,000, UK had 16,000 (28.8 per 100,000).

I can't imagine that 80,000 cases in Bangkok are going unreported and just comparing it to the US, rape is much much more frequent there. Besides the fact that in Thailand, if you want to get off, it's pretty easy without needing to resort to rape.

Some perspective is always good, considering this forum is full of many Thai bashing individuals. This particular guy is a absolute horrible human being, there is no doubt about it. but one or a dozen bad eggs, shouldn't mean people want to go out and bash the rest of the country.

How would people feel if I read the above UN figures and said, wow American's are a bunch of rapists...the police and government really need to tackle that problem. I am never going there.

I'm sure it would push a few buttons.........

There are bad individuals everywhere in the world, it doesn't matter if they are Thai, American, Australian etc. It's part of the variation in human nature.

Could those claiming this is a Thai issue, leave the Thai part out and just discuss how bad of an individual this guy is. We all know Thai courts aren't the best, but even in the west, there can be waits of a year or more for some legal proceedings. It's not as if it would be dealt with in a week. The legal system just isn't that dynamic.

Briandajew, post 79, good shout. Change needs to come from within and given the number of posts on

from decent Thai people, who knows? Maybe there is hope.

BTW its 231,000 and rising

Edited by delh

The police arrested the suspect, court released him on bail ...... Have seen this in quite a few cases now where the police actually did their job and arrested the perp, yet the judges/prosecutors release them on bail almost immediately !! Sure the Thai police has got many faults and corruption going on in their ranks, but the courts should be blamed here more then the police, I would dare to say that the courts and its judges/prosecutors are an even bigger problem since they live in ivory towers in a protected world away from reality and tend to give bail to all and sundry who can pay for it...... Except of course if you are a foreigner, meaning flight risk, meaning loss of face for judge who actually granted bail to a foreigner !

If the Krabi tourism was hit, the cause for that would still be the rape and violence happening there - and not the video nor the news about it.

What a weird comment - without the news and in this case, a video, how would anyone KNOW about the rape and violence ? Publicity is everything - which is why in most legal systems, justice has not only to be done, but 'Seen to be done'.

• Like 1

Well , think about if your daughter would have the same story .....I am sure he wants to warn people and he is right .... How can someone confess his crime go to jail and then suddenly say ..Sorry NOT ME ....then be free ? very hard to understand for European mind .... after 20 years here I still dont understand either . Welcome to the land of smile ..... not good advertising before the high season .

Not just the European mind , mankinds mind !

Unfortunately, it is probably pervasive throughout Thailand. A friend of mine lived in an apartment complex and right next to it there was a private one street housing complex. He used to walk up and down the street at night. Now, there is both a gate and a sign that says no trespassing but when the gate is open or at night you cannot see it. One night wearing only shorts and a shirt he went walking as usual. As he was walking thru the gate someone grabbed him from behind and refused to let him go. The guy pointed to the sign. My friend read it and apologized and tried to walk away. The guy kept holding him so my friend pushed him away and took off. Just before he tried to enter the parking lot of the apartment complex another guy with a 6 foot cane branch pole ran up to him and attacked him with the pole repeatedly hitting him in the head.

Keep in mind he was no where near the complex. And not only that but there were half a dozen witnesses to the attack.

Long story short someone called the cops and they took him away to the pd. While there he repeatedly asked for medical attention and was laughed at. The guy who hit him came and all the cops started talking together as if they were all drinking buddies. He was brought before some cop wearing only a t-shirt who spoke no English. The guy who hits my friend says he will translate. The translation was if my friend promises not to walk there again he can go home. My friend wants to file charges so they throw him in another room. Half an hour later two 'tourist police' show up and everyone repeats their story. Both officers were Thais though not farong. The tourist police say he can file charges but he will go to jail for five years for trespassing. In a Western society with a real justice system the Thai guy would have gone to jail for battery or maybe even attempted murder.

My friend finally gets the message and agrees to forget it ever happened. He could have been killed. Someone told him he was lucky he didn't have to pay a lot of money to the guy who hit him for damaging the cane pole. He went to the hospital and had severe lump on his head and a possible concussion.

Under normal circumstances your friend should have been warned and told to leave the housing complex by the security guard(s). No violence - no intimidation and no police. Sounds like it's a closed shop in his neighborhood. And "five years for trespassing"? Laughable. The only criminal charge should have been against the Thai for assault.