Sukampol Approves Decision To Strip Abhisit Of Military Rank

webfact

"The attempt to remove my military rank is improper and politically motivated. The allegations against me do not involve my actions - they concern invalid documents."

This is so typical of a Thai, (or anyone for that matter) for not taking responsibility for their actions. Loser once for faking the documents. Loser twice for blaming it on the state agency that forged them. Loser!

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit's story is rather unconvincing and he most likely did get fake conscription papers, along with Chalerm's two eldest sons, who were cashiered from the police for this and many others.

The Defence Ministry seems to be acting improperly because Abhisit was exonerated by military investigation and the case should have ended there. It is not clear that new evidence has been presented but anyway they probably did the right thing for the wrong reason.

As Abhisit says, if he is guilty, the conscription officers who accepted his bribes are also guilty and should be tried.

Thaksin should have been relieved of his police rank and royal decorations on his conviction. Later on Abhisit had the chance to do this but was too scared of a red shirt backlash. I bet he is now wishing he had done it anyway.

Edited by Arkady

http://www.nationmul...RIEF-50425.html

CONSCRIPTION: Chavalit defends Chalerm

Defence Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh yesterday alleged that there had been concerted efforts to discredit New Aspiration Party deputy leader

Chalerm Yoobamrung

by falsely accusing Chalerm's two sons of evading conscription. "The local press should examine whether Chalerm's sons are draft-dodgers as has been alleged," Chavalit said. Chalerm's sons, Artharn and Wanchalerm, are believed to have failed to report for their conscription calls. Chavalit reiterated his policy to issue a blanket amnesty to all draft-dodgers as part of a package to replace conscription with voluntary recruitment. Senate Speaker Manoonkrit Roopkachorn said the amnesty for draft-dodgers might be deliberated at the next parliamentary session. Defence officials said the amnesty bill, if approved by the government, would pardon military deserters, draft-dodgers, and those who have failed to report to conscription calls.

One is led to wonder what influence Chalerm may have had in this current matter.Seems as if there may well be one rule for one person and one rule for another.

Look at the names in the post above and their connections via a political now defunct party to current influential people both here and abroad..

A gentle effluvia of a decaying rodent seems to be drifting past my nasal orifices concerning this matter..

300_135103.jpg

Edited by siampolee

Abhisit seems to be missing the point here, whether he knew the documents were fake or not it would still mean his position should not have been held and quite rightly his rank should be removed.

Either way, with his knowledge or without his knowledge he used documents to obtain a position that should not have been used and therefore negates the rank given.

he also goes on about people being convicted do not lose their rank, well again there is no relevance to this as they were convicted, abhisit has not been, and they also got their rank through the proper channels.

And as for his comment that it is politically motivated, I nearly choked on my cornflakes with this comment, pot kettle etc

Might be handy to read the article again?

The documents were not produced by him!

Red or yellow, this reeks of ...............

I can't understand why Abhisit bothers, tbh. The day this country voted for Thaksin's proxy - inexperienced sister with nothing on her CV except a phoney business position awarded by her brother - his career was over.

When the electorate choose the strong but morally bankrupt for their leaders, there is no hope that this society is going to do anything but continue on a downward trajectory for the forseable future.

Edited by badmedicine

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Chalerm-s-sons-never-served-Surayud-47987.htm

The hopes of Artharn and Wanchalerm Yoobamrung sons of New Aspiration Party deputy leader Chalerm being reinstated into the police force were dampened yesterday after the military insisted they had failed to report for conscription formalities. Army Commander-in-Chief General Surayud Chulanont said conscription records clearly showed neither Artharn nor Wanchalerm had reported for duty.

The two Yoobamrung brothers were accused of avoiding their conscription duties and obtaining falsified Sor Dor 43 documents, which showed they had reported for duty but were exempted by drawing ballots. Prosecutors decided on Wednesday not to try the two brothers, citing lack of evidence. Witnesses, including a temple abbot and three village headmen, claimed they had seen the brothers reporting for duty. And police forensic checks indicated that their conscription documents were genuine, according to prosecutors.

The two were discharged from police service pending the results of their legal proceedings. Conscription duties are required for a police commission. Col Somsak Janmanee, Bangkok conscription officer, said Artharn, born in 1972, was classified as a reservist second class as he had not served his duty.Artharn was supposed to report for duty between 1993 and 1998. Wanchalerm, born in 1974, had sought and received approval to delay his conscription to between 1995 and 2000 in order to complete his tertiary education.

He was supposed to report for duty in April but never showed up, Somsak said.Although the two brothers claimed to possess Sor Dor 43 documents, the serial numbers on their papers did not match the stubs on official forms, sources said. The Army also had no records of the two brothers

Another interesting snippet which seems to confirm that there are indeed under this current maladministration definitely one set of rules for one person as the post above clearly shows.

Yet again look at the names, the mind boggles at the coincidental links of the people in power at both times.

• Like 1

Thaivisa.com, let's get it together! Your email subject line reads"

"FLASH: Abhisit stripped of his military rank;"

According to the actual story posted in the forum, the headline reads:

"Sukampol Approves Decision To Strip Abhisit Of Military Rank"

So, I would gather that there is a move to do so, but it has not actually happened yet. Correct? Or not correct? Or somewhere in the middle? Or none of the above?

When are they all gonna grow up and stop playing these stupid games and actually start governing this country properly and fairly?

When they turf this bunch of rabble out!!

Problem is, it's not just the current bunch of liars and thieves, it's all of them. It makes no difference who is actually "in power", they are all as bad as each other.

I know there is lying and corruption within all forms of Government world wide, but Thailand ranks up near the top at being so blatant about it. And let's not even get started on the subject of double standards.

A cry out to all the Thai's - please, please, please wake up, and actually do something about things here instead of sitting back and watching you and your country get shafted at every opportunity by your 'leaders'. It's painful to sit on the sidelines and see a great country and a great people be so royally screwed all the time. Mai pen lai just won't cut it much longer.

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

This seems to make it clear where the current military brass's allegiance is,.. and it's not with the Dems.

This could never have happened with the Dems in power and is quite disconcerting that it should happen at all!

I feel just a tiny bit of a tinge of sympathy for Abhisit. It is ages ago, and hardly the worst crime in the world, but if you are going to go into politics, he should have known better. On another level thousands of rich connected Thai's do this year after year, and its illegal and sums up what is essentially wrong with the country. One level for the rich and connected, another for the rest, so essentially it is deeply hypocritical to get out of it.

To me, this going on is pretty childish.....my personal opinion is that anyone who has left the armed forces no longer needs any recognition of any rank they held. after all , it is just a job. So many of these old wa*kers still wander around calling themselves "Captain" Major" etc. etc. Get a life and move on !!

To me, this going on is pretty childish.....my personal opinion is that anyone who has left the armed forces no longer needs any recognition of any rank they held. after all , it is just a job. So many of these old wa*kers still wander around calling themselves "Captain" Major" etc. etc. Get a life and move on !!

It can get all a bit Fawlty Towers can't it.

• Like 1

If this is true, could his parents, or some other family member got this 'Fixed' for him?

One way or another this is about destroying someone's 'Face', something very important in Thai society/culture?

Face is a pee poor excuse for not accepting responsibility and is abused by all Thais at some time. Whatever it takes it should be banned to the dark ages.

Abhisit defenders out in force. Looks like your pretty boy is no better than your common thief. Tell him he should be more worried about the Hague

Anti-Abhisit lot also active I see. Just in time for the censure debate. Reminds me of dear Oak reporting that Abhisit was on holiday while the Thai population was enjoying a flooding well done. He was supposed to sit by the telephone waiting for a government official to invoke his help. No one phoned and without an invite he'd be sued for meddling in government activities.

Ah well, TiT and maybe TVP (aka ThaiVisa Posters) wink.png

BTW 'common thief'? 'The Hague'? Jeez man, what's next, a reference to a tape with 'kill me some' ?

Students who are actively attending University at the time of military conscription are not required to enter the military.

Its just another plot by the redshirts and more insidious lies, the type of lies that are blatantly false and right up in your face like always.

[.

He said the documents in question were produced not by him, but by state agencies. He asked why, if his enlistment in the military was not lawful, no action had been taken against officials in charge of the enlistment.

"AThe documents were given to him by state agencies, and he submitted them not knowing they were fake (according to him). The fact that he benefited him is irrelevant if he didn't know they were fake.

you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know it.....

Well rocket scientists are in short supply in the red shirt PT region.

Funny how it took them these many years to find those government documents.

As for Thaksin what a Bozo. He claims the charges against him are politically motivate and implys that for that reason even though they are true he should not be penalized.

I guess we should have expected this. When you are in the seat of power and can't even figure out how to tie your own shoes it is a time worn tradition to look for some thing else or some body elseto take the eye's off your buffoonery.

For all I know it could be true but I think there are more pressing things going on in Thailand than getting revenge whether justified or not.

Was wondering if people liked him as a PM? Didnt follow that much, was he just a greedy as others?

A British lapdog, fraud, globalist and traitor to his people...did I mention an accomplice to murder (during the big protests in BKK) where many redshirts were shot dead and/or disappeared.

Students who are actively attending University at the time of military conscription are not required to enter the military.

Its just another plot by the redshirts and more insidious lies, the type of lies that are blatantly false and right up in your face like always.

haha so funny - he gets caught draft dodging and it's the red shirts? cheesy.gif