Sukampol Approves Decision To Strip Abhisit Of Military Rank

webfact

Abhisit seems to be missing the point here, whether he knew the documents were fake or not it would still mean his position should not have been held and quite rightly his rank should be removed.

Either way, with his knowledge or without his knowledge he used documents to obtain a position that should not have been used and therefore negates the rank given.

he also goes on about people being convicted do not lose their rank, well again there is no relevance to this as they were convicted, abhisit has not been, and they also got their rank through the proper channels.

And as for his comment that it is politically motivated, I nearly choked on my cornflakes with this comment, pot kettle etc

Absolutely. These people have been convicted of offences which have nothing to do with obtaining their ranks illegally.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit seems to be missing the point here, whether he knew the documents were fake or not it would still mean his position should not have been held and quite rightly his rank should be removed.

Either way, with his knowledge or without his knowledge he used documents to obtain a position that should not have been used and therefore negates the rank given.

he also goes on about people being convicted do not lose their rank, well again there is no relevance to this as they were convicted, abhisit has not been, and they also got their rank through the proper channels.

And as for his comment that it is politically motivated, I nearly choked on my cornflakes with this comment, pot kettle etc

Absolutely. These people have been convicted of offences which have nothing to do with obtaining their ranks illegally.

The offences may well have nothing to do with obtaining their ranks illegally, but everything to do with their standing in the community. If you commit a serious crime, whatever the crime is, that requires you spend time behind bars, most normal thinking people would agree that you no longer deserve a title or the respect that goes with it. By allowing convicts to retain their titles, you undermine the entire system and all those people who are titled and haven't committed crime.

Amazing that anyone would argue in favour of criminals keeping titles... but then again, i imagine these are the same people who also argue that criminals on the run (certain ones anyway) are entitled to having new passports personally delivered to their overseas "hideaways".

Edited by rixalex

Isn't it mandatory that every MP needs a criminal conviction?

This wouldn't be a criminal conviction.

<i>Sent from my HTC phone.</i>

Isn't forgery a crime in Thailand?

Well, if a defence is to say," I asked him if he could fix it for me, and he said it could be arranged for a fee", but I didn't know it was forged, I guess you can get away with it.

Students who are actively attending University at the time of military conscription are not required to enter the military.

Its just another plot by the redshirts and more insidious lies, the type of lies that are blatantly false and right up in your face like always.

haha so funny - he gets caught draft dodging and it's the red shirts? cheesy.gif

As I mentioned in another thread, Thai students who graduate overseas with a Bachelor or Master's degree can apply to serve only 6 months military service. Apisit did this and was appointed a lecturer at the military college in Nakhon Nayok where he taught economics if I remember right, for 6 months.

Students who are actively attending University at the time of military conscription are not required to enter the military.

Its just another plot by the redshirts and more insidious lies, the type of lies that are blatantly false and right up in your face like always.

haha so funny - he gets caught draft dodging and it's the red shirts? cheesy.gif

As I mentioned in another thread, Thai students who graduate overseas with a Bachelor or Master's degree can apply to serve only 6 months military service. Apisit did this and was appointed a lecturer at the military college in Nakhon Nayok where he taught economics if I remember right, for 6 months.

Then he is in the clear OR your summary is less than the full story

• Like 1

... OR your summary is less than the full story

Ah, the odd English language! I always thought a summary would try to condense the full story in a few short sentences just to reflect the essentials without being equal or more than the 'full story'. Implicitly the summary tends to be 'less' than the full story. IMHO of course, but than I didn't have the advantage and pleasure of an education at one of England's great universities wink.png

Edited by rubl

Then he is in the clear OR your summary is less than the full story

exactly! case closed? he's in the clear??? yes? no??? let's face it YOU don't know and I suspect the panel who reviewed all the evidence DID

How will the PM be penalized for forgering a university degree? From a uni that is known to be fake and for giving out diplomas for cash. Besides she has not studied there. Absolutely pathetic.

you are suggesting her degree is a fake? evidence? my understanding is that the University is completely REAL - put up or shut up

exactly! case closed? he's in the clear??? yes? no??? let's face it YOU don't know and I suspect the panel who reviewed all the evidence DID

The panel could of have all the evidence in the world, it was still a panel appointed and set up by the present government. A present government investigating a past leader and a present opposition leader.... so absolutely no conflict of interests then... they all went into the investigation with completely open minds about their arch enemy...rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

The panel could of have all the evidence in the world, it was still a panel appointed and set up by the present government. A present government investigating a past leader and a present opposition leader.... so absolutely no conflict of interests then... they all went into the investigation with completely open minds about their arch enemy...rolleyes.gif

Just like those who nailed Thaksin, but that's ok then................

• Like 1

Was wondering if people liked him as a PM? Didnt follow that much, was he just a greedy as others?

A British lapdog, fraud, globalist and traitor to his people...did I mention an accomplice to murder (during the big protests in BKK) where many redshirts were shot dead and/or disappeared.

Do you have any real concrete proof of what you are saying or are you spewing the usual unsubstantiated (but it IS true as a Thai I met once told me so) Red Shirt bile, once again.

If you DO have this proof then please publish it for all and sundry to see.

If not then the first part of my post applies.

Are you suggesting the army shot no one ???

Just like those who nailed Thaksin, but that's ok then................

It was a court of law who nailed Thaksin and the Prime Minister was his relative along with the cabinet being chosen by him. Even with all that going he was so guilty there was no way to climb out from under it he did not even try to appeal it. He Fled the country knowing that if they got there hands on him he would not only have to go to jail for his crime but there was a whole bunch of other crimes they could charge him with.

The PT talk big about white washing him and bringing him back free and clear of all crimes but they know that he is afraid to come to Thailand and never will come again. He was so afraid he canceled a tour stop in Burma because he knew there were people just across the border if not all ready in Burma who might be willing to send him to his next incarnation as a slug.wai2.gif

Just did a quick check Abhist is still in the country. Any one seen Saint Thaksin lately.coffee1.gif

Edited by hellodolly

A British lapdog, fraud, globalist and traitor to his people...did I mention an accomplice to murder (during the big protests in BKK) where many redshirts were shot dead and/or disappeared.

Do you have any real concrete proof of what you are saying or are you spewing the usual unsubstantiated (but it IS true as a Thai I met once told me so) Red Shirt bile, once again.

Staying on topic, it seems the army just shot down k. Abhisit rolleyes.gif

Staying on topic, it seems the army just shot down k. Abhisit rolleyes.gif

The Ministry of Defense and the army are far from being the same organisation. Apart from pay scales and benefits of civil servants as opposed to military staff (guess who gets the dirty end of the stick), army also get the pleasure of being available 24 hours/day without overtime, and the real chance of being put in harm's way, wounded or killed, with little compensation.

Army staff are also promoted with an eye to time in service and proven ability, whereas the MoD is often appointed because he is the relative or crony of some other a-hole.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it too much Khun Abhisit. Those that support you and your political party will continue to do so. Any wrong doing you may have done will be ignored and forgiven.

This has already been proved by those that favor wearing red.

different times same strategy then? rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't worry about it too much Khun Abhisit. Those that support you and your political party will continue to do so. Any wrong doing you may have done will be ignored and forgiven.

well that is true - luckily that's not many Thais (but the majority of TV posters of course - but they don't count) clap2.gif

well that is true - luckily that's not many Thais (but the majority of TV posters of course - but they don't count) clap2.gif

Read your statement 10 or more times and can't quite get what it is you're trying to say?

different times same strategy then? rolleyes.gif

If Red TV says so, guess it must be true...rolleyes.gif

No, you are simply wrong.No country will extradite Thaksin because the charges against him are politically motivated.If you seriously believe that the main impediment to extradition was internal to Thailand you are dreaming, though I accept many will have had reservations about it.But look at the little terrorist Kasit who as FM was actively canvassing for extradition.There are some serious charges against Thaksin but they will never be brought to court because they implicate too many other powerful people.

The first part of that post contradicts the second part.

Extradition of a former leader who was ousted after a coup will always be a tricky business, no matter what the circumstances or how damning and compelling the evidence against that person. Those who infer from the failure to extradite some sort of message from overseas nations about how they see things, are i think guilty of wishful thinking.

Was wondering if people liked him as a PM? Didnt follow that much, was he just a greedy as others?

Would you care to use my glasses and read exactly what I have written about the Army?

I must have missed that somewhere.

Did I also forget the bit about Thaksin being in dharge of the country when 2,500 "alledged drug dealers" were murdered?

Would that make him an accomplice too or is that just another "honest mistake".

• Like 1