German Stabs Dog To Death In Frenzied Attack In Sattahip

Rimmer

Well, same here I got a rottie and a Pug, both are in the house or in our garden behind our gate and surrounding fence. yet our Thai neighbours have dogs who roam freely and bark all dam_n night, so yes sometimes I release my rottie to take care of the annoying dogs and he does a great job at itsmile.png .

Thais are very ignorant and irresponsible when it comes down to taking care of their pets.

My next door neighbour is seldom home, his Bangkaew is alone sometimes without food or water and of course the animal barks and howls like hell ! These people should not be allowed to have pets.

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow - what an upsetting story sad.pngsad.png

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

why,he was defending his dog from a loose dangerous animal,he should get an award,dogs are a pest at the best of times,though he could have done it the thai way.

Well I think your wrong - one of the reasons I really love living in Hindu and Buddhist locales is their attitude towards animals. IMHO its very well summed-up in this quote from the net:

Buddhism considers all of life to be evolving toward higher consciousness. To the Buddhist, any practice by which man sustains himself at the expense of other sentient beings is considered wrong. Buddhism considers non-human life to be Divine just as is human life. Animals are seen to be an evolving kingdom of living creatures destined in time to attain perfect enlightenment. All of life is seen to be one. According to this conviction, to harm any living thing is to do injury to the One Eternal and Divine Life. Since animals are considered to be traveling towards enlightenment just as man is, neither are they to be harmed, discouraged or hampered in their progress.

Thailand gets close to this - but if you really want to see how to value all God's creatures, on a day to day basis - not in some abstract sense, then go and spend some time in India - coolest place I've ever lived.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Never understood why Thai Buddhists are generally avid meat eaters, whist Buddhists scripture, as quoted above, states don't harm living beings - care to explain?

This is a result of a failure to update religious precepts in line with the changing times. In the old days only rich people could afford to eat meat and the monks didn't wish to inconvenience them by giving them a hard time about a sinful habit that was practiced by a small minority who clearly redeemed themselves on a regular basis through religious donations. Now everyone eats meat and even monks, who are basically just ordinary Thais with minimal education for the most part, eat it because it would be ungrateful to reject whatever the faithful put into their begging bowels. Meanwhile, the faithful feel they are making even greater merit by given luxury foods to monks which of course means meat. So you can see there is no going back to this religious precept, not to mention the precept against monks telling fortunes, blessing houses, cars and factories or riding in Mercedes Benzes etc. This is Thai Buddhism and it works for Thailand in the 21st century.

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

Couldn't agree more, tye Thai attitude towards dogs is ridiculous.

Dogs with owners are bad enough, completely untrained in any way but the soi dogs, unbelieveable!

Disease ridden, broken limbs that never healed properly, ticks, fleas, internal parasites and open sores from the constant scratching but would Thais agree to have a dog catcher and the dogs put down? No chance!

If most of thosr dogs could talk they would say 'shoot me please'

Couple of weeks ago a pack of the local soi dogs got agressive when I was going to the shop, the pack leader made a charge for me fangs out and ready to bite, caught him perfectly under the chin with a well timed kick that sent them off yelping. Seconds later I was surrounded by angry Thais screaming at me.

Really what is wrong with these people...

The numbers of the local dogs have been slowly decreasing and will continue to do so one or two at a time.

Now where did I leave that chicken...?

you can always go back to where you came from and problem is solvedthumbsup.gif

oh but wait, you want for the entire nation to accommodate you and please you just the way you like, after all you are the big man with a pension, so they all should honor your presence in their little country

• Like 1

You have to learn the fine art of dog jousting when you live in Thailand. That is where you extend your left foot at a perfect angle to intercept the incoming dog while not losing speed or control. I had to do this to the dog down the street because he kept trying to bite my girlfriend when she drove by. Needless to say chased him around with the bike after have not had a problem since<I love animals BTW>. The worst ones have the yappy little dogs<Usually 4+> they let crap all over the place including their homes making them smell like a kennel.

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

why,he was defending his dog from a loose dangerous animal,he should get an award,dogs are a pest at the best of times,though he could have done it the thai way.

Well I think your wrong - one of the reasons I really love living in Hindu and Buddhist locales is their attitude towards animals. IMHO its very well summed-up in this quote from the net:

Buddhism considers all of life to be evolving toward higher consciousness. To the Buddhist, any practice by which man sustains himself at the expense of other sentient beings is considered wrong. Buddhism considers non-human life to be Divine just as is human life. Animals are seen to be an evolving kingdom of living creatures destined in time to attain perfect enlightenment. All of life is seen to be one. According to this conviction, to harm any living thing is to do injury to the One Eternal and Divine Life. Since animals are considered to be traveling towards enlightenment just as man is, neither are they to be harmed, discouraged or hampered in their progress.

Thailand gets close to this - but if you really want to see how to value all God's creatures, on a day to day basis - not in some abstract sense, then go and spend some time in India - coolest place I've ever lived.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Never understood why Thai Buddhists are generally avid meat eaters, whist Buddhists scripture, as quoted above, states don't harm living beings - care to explain?

No idea - not an expert. There are an awful lot of vegetarians / vegans in India though and the impression I have is that Buddhism is an offshoot of Hindhuism.

But as this relates to the sad event in the OP, I maintain than Buddhist beliefs, in the general sense, should be respected in Thailand. And that we shouldn't go about stabbing family pets, firing airpistols at stray animals and kicking soi dogs.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Its not Buddhist scripture, its someones idea of it. And it sounds Mahayana, Thailand is a Theraveda country. The form you're born in is determined by the Kamma you aquired in another life. If you were in the SS during WW2 and get born as a diseased soi dog or battery chicken then the general Thai reaction will be som nam naa. It is better to show compassion, I'm raising 6 abndoned puppies right now and trainin 'em good. But Buddha himself said you cannot avoid the consequences of your Kamma.

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

Couldn't agree more, tye Thai attitude towards dogs is ridiculous.

Dogs with owners are bad enough, completely untrained in any way but the soi dogs, unbelieveable!

Disease ridden, broken limbs that never healed properly, ticks, fleas, internal parasites and open sores from the constant scratching but would Thais agree to have a dog catcher and the dogs put down? No chance!

If most of thosr dogs could talk they would say 'shoot me please'

Couple of weeks ago a pack of the local soi dogs got agressive when I was going to the shop, the pack leader made a charge for me fangs out and ready to bite, caught him perfectly under the chin with a well timed kick that sent them off yelping. Seconds later I was surrounded by angry Thais screaming at me.

The numbers of the local dogs have been slowly decreasing and will continue to do so one or two at a time.

Now where did I leave that chicken...?

you can always go back to where you came from and problem is solvedthumbsup.gif

oh but wait, you want for the entire nation to accommodate you and please you just the way you like, after all you are the big man with a pension, so they all should honor your presence in their little country

Ah the Thai'r than Thai brigade.

So to clarify you think it is ok to have packs of dangerous dogs roaming the streets, you are ok with that?

• Like 2

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Have you seen how cruel Thais are to animals. Open your eyes.

Reading the headline I expected the report to be about someone who killed a neighbourhood dog because it was barking all the time, and that would have been completely understandable as far as I'm concerned. Barking/crapping dogs are a total pain.

But I was very surprised to read the real reason for his actions.

I'm just delighted to live in a condo where no animals (or their noise and crap) are allowed. If only they could ban the crappy people also.

There is absolutely no control of dogs in Thailand, neither regarding wild dogs or dogs with owners. The authorities do not care, and the dog owners generally do not care. I completely understand this guy, although 17 times seems a bit excessive!

A bit excessive? Complete maniac. I could understand if he tooj a walking stick or similar and walloped the retriever if necessary - but to stab it 17 times. This type of idiot could be prone to similar outbursts against humans given provocation.

• Like 2

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Have you seen how cruel Thais are to animals. Open your eyes.

I think he / she kept eyes closed in India too! Cows are treated wonderfully with respect - anything else isn't!

Nothing - its you - you're living in the wrong country.

Don't think so, whatever country I live in I am not going to let an animal bite me to placate others.

Are you saying you would let a dog bite you before you would kick it?

I've never been bitten by a dog, nor have I ever kicked one. Dogs are very perceptive, unlike many humans...

I lived in India for about two and a half years, Mumbai & Orissa and I definately would never say it's the coolest place I've been. The cow is holy, load of &lt;deleted&gt; as I've seen them being beaten the shit out of by their herders etc. The Indian people are not cruel but because of the extreme poverty they have a tendency to switch off and ignore many things.

Thailand really does need to do something about the soi dog problem (and sometimes the pets) as I have been attacked so many times for no reason I have a walking stick attached to the handle bars of my scooter plus some stones in the pockets. Why don't they go around and feed the dogs contraceptives to at least reduce the stray dog problem. If the Thais are as caring as some people think why do they kick their pets out of vehicles at the beach where I live to leave them to fend for themselves and become another soi dog problem?.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Sounds good in theory, but ...

Almost all leather in America is imported from foreign countries, and one of the top leather producers is, surprisingly, India. Six years after a PETA video exposé of it, the leather industry in India continues to subject cows and other animals to illegal cruelty during transport and slaughter. Cows and other animals are forced to endure transport in extremely crowded trucks, suffering broken bones and dehydration, before having their throats slit in full view of other animals and sometimes being skinned and dismembered while still conscious.

https://secure.peta....rAction&id=1424

Edited by Suradit69

I see a lot of people have jumped on the "soi dog" band wagon. The labrador was owned by a married couple, therefore one would assume that it was a family pet?

When the German was walking his dog (the Rottweiller) did he have it on a lead or was it running free?

All dogs are territorial, and will protect that territory to one extent or another, depending on the breed. If the Rottweiller wandered into the lab's patch, then you will see a reaction.

Obviously the above is speculation, but it will give you a slightly different perspective of what could have happened. Either way, the German is a &lt;deleted&gt; maniac for carrying a knife in the first place with the intent of using it (in that he wore it on his belt when taking his dog out for a walk).

And lastly, it was a Rottweiller, not a poodle or a pug! Dog wants to "Man-up" a bit!

Edit: Just looking at the pictures of the dog in the full story link in the OP, it appears clean, well nourished and is wearing a collar. Not what you would expect from a "Soi Dog" either.

Edited by chrisinth

I wish I could record what goes on in the new village we live in ...all I can say is thank god for air condition units. We moved from the village in Sattahip, I believe it's the same one they are talking about. Tired of the police and Military people being very obnoxious we left. They are very rude with there dogs and even worse with their driving habits, doing 80kmph in a village with lots of children is stupid. But now we have another issue, we moved with another stupid police officer who lives in very nice house behind us with a large open field shared with another Thai and more than 20 dogs that are very quite during the day, most of the time but at night it's like an Amphitheater with a hundred dogs screaming and howling. Nothing anyone can do because he is a cop

The Thai owners of the Golden should have been the ones being stabbed for letting their badly behaved dog out into the street unleashed. The German was just protecting his property.

When will people understand. If you have a dog keep it behind a closed gate. Letting your dog out on to the public street to piss and shit everywhere is just plain irresponsible.

I see a lot of people have jumped on the "soi dog" band wagon. The labrador was owned by a married couple, therefore one would assume that it was a family pet?

When the German was walking his dog (the Rottweiller) did he have it on a lead or was it running free?

All dogs are territorial, and will protect that territory to one extent or another, depending on the breed. If the Rottweiller wandered into the lab's patch, then you will see a reaction.

Obviously the above is speculation, but it will give you a slightly different perspective of what could have happened. Either way, the German is a &lt;deleted&gt; maniac for carrying a knife in the first place with the intent of using it (in that he wore it on his belt when taking his dog out for a walk).

And lastly, it was a Rottweiller, not a poodle or a pug! Dog wants to "Man-up" a bit!

Edit: Just looking at the pictures of the dog in the full story link in the OP, it appears clean, well nourished and is wearing a collar. Not what you would expect from a "Soi Dog" either.

Why would you let a family pet out onto the public street? Would you leave your car parked, unattended, with all the windows and doors open with the key in the ignition? NO. To do either is inviting trouble.

The article does not state the leash status of the Rottweiler but says it was being taken for a walk. Walking a dog normally means using a leash. The Golden's territory is behind its gate not in front of it. It should never have been on the street unleashed.

The Rottweiler does not need to do anything. It should not have been attacked by the loose canon of a Golden. Perhaps the German has trained his dog to be gentle and mild, good with people and other dogs. Just as I have trained my Labrador. It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here.

• Like 2

For me, the strange thing about this story is a "Golden Retriever" supposedly attacking a "Rottweiler." You would swear that they had the dog breeds reversed. Very strange...

Dogs will behave according to how they have be trained. You can train a Golden to be fierce, a Rottweiler to be gentle. But in all cases a dog is ONLY as good as its owner.

This is very, very true. I have witnessed dogs going off day and night, and nobody does a thing. Part of the problem is that most Thai people do not even hear noise. But, even when it is brought to their attention, they rarely ever do anything about it. I think one of the issues is that the current generation of Thais do not believe in discipline, on any level, whether it is in regard to their dogs, children, etc. So, when you aks them to discipline their child, who is running around the movie theatre carrying on as if it is their living room, the parents do not get it at all. I have had a Thai dad threaten to kick my ass, as I left the movie theatre, because I asked him to quiet his child in the movies. Same applies to dogs. Most Thais do not get the concept of control or discipline of a child or animal.

• Like 1

Why would you let a family pet out onto the public street? Would you leave your car parked, unattended, with all the windows and doors open with the key in the ignition? NO. To do either is inviting trouble.

The article does not state the leash status of the Rottweiler but says it was being taken for a walk. Walking a dog normally means using a leash. The Golden's territory is behind its gate not in front of it. It should never have been on the street unleashed.

The Rottweiler does not need to do anything. It should not have been attacked by the loose canon of a Golden. Perhaps the German has trained his dog to be gentle and mild, good with people and other dogs. Just as I have trained my Labrador. It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here.

"It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here."

I think you may have something a bit mixed up here as to who was at fault. I would have thought that the guy with the knife, remember, the one that stabbed the labrador 17 time might have taken a little bit of the blame........wink.png

Really stupid comment from you there, IMEHO

"It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here."

I think you may have something a bit mixed up here as to who was at fault. I would have thought that the guy with the knife, remember, the one that stabbed the labrador 17 time might have taken a little bit of the blame........wink.png

Really stupid comment from you there, IMEHO

I'm not mixed up neither do I consider it a stupid comment. The Thai owner's are 100% at fault because they let their dog out on to the public street. You can't blame the Golden, it was just doing what come naturally to it. Its bad behavior is a reflection of its bad owners. You can't blame the German he was protecting himself and his property from the uncontrollable Golden. If you can't see that then it is you who are stupid IMEHO. If the German had stabbed a human attacker we would all be shouting self-defense. I don't see the difference, he and his was under threat, he defended himself. I carry a very large stick while walking my dog. I feel completely at liberty to strike out at anyone or anything that threatens either me or my dog.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1