German Stabs Dog To Death In Frenzied Attack In Sattahip

Rimmer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

This is very, very true. I have witnessed dogs going off day and night, and nobody does a thing. Part of the problem is that most Thai people do not even hear noise. But, even when it is brought to their attention, they rarely ever do anything about it. I think one of the issues is that the current generation of Thais do not believe in discipline, on any level, whether it is in regard to their dogs, children, etc. So, when you aks them to discipline their child, who is running around the movie theatre carrying on as if it is their living room, the parents do not get it at all. I have had a Thai dad threaten to kick my ass, as I left the movie theatre, because I asked him to quiet his child in the movies. Same applies to dogs. Most Thais do not get the concept of control or discipline of a child or animal.

Agree 110% with everything you say, however,

"Part of the problem is that most Thai people do not even hear noise. But, even when it is brought to their attention, they rarely ever do anything about it"

I can assure you they DO hear the noise and would love to do something about it, its the culture that holds them back, harmony must be maintained at all times, graeng jai, status of the people involved, fear of the consequences.

I have had Thais ask me how I sleep at night, cant I hear the dogs at a certain house, I do what the Thais do I lie, no cant hear a thing have the a/c on doesnt affect me.

I never leave the door open to have a finger pointed at me, I go away for the weekend and when I come back the problem has always been solved, those MC guys are your friend, bring them in from another area, problem solved, no fingers can be pointed and no one is any the wiser.

I should add, the person involved has had at least 2 anonymous letters put in his mail box warning him, its most amusing to see these little tin pot dicatators standing shouting in the soi like madmen waving the letters about, effin pathetic really.

Spot on - 100% correct. When I first bought a house (for my Thai wife) we had a Thai neighbour whose dog barked all night. As he had lived in Europe for 12 years I thought he would be OK with me politely asking him to control his dog's behaviour (labrador). He & his wife just looked at me & said "my dog". My wife berated me & said I should have taken the Thai way i.e. the actions you posted above.

Edited by simple1

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

Well how many times havent we all been pissed off at things, but the differnce is, we can control ourselves, we don't begin stab someone with a knife, that is totally insane.

This german lunatic ahould be dealt with properly.

This is very, very true. I have witnessed dogs going off day and night, and nobody does a thing. Part of the problem is that most Thai people do not even hear noise. But, even when it is brought to their attention, they rarely ever do anything about it. I think one of the issues is that the current generation of Thais do not believe in discipline, on any level, whether it is in regard to their dogs, children, etc. So, when you aks them to discipline their child, who is running around the movie theatre carrying on as if it is their living room, the parents do not get it at all. I have had a Thai dad threaten to kick my ass, as I left the movie theatre, because I asked him to quiet his child in the movies. Same applies to dogs. Most Thais do not get the concept of control or discipline of a child or animal.

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore. Better get use to it...

Really what is wrong with these people...

Nothing - its you - you're living in the wrong country.

Don't think so, whatever country I live in I am not going to let an animal bite me to placate others.

Are you saying you would let a dog bite you before you would kick it?

I've never been bitten by a dog, nor have I ever kicked one. Dogs are very perceptive, unlike many humans...

Regardless of how people treat or love their dogs, they descend from pack animals that are predators. Just watch the documentaries of wild dogs hunting prey. That is how our pets used to be! Heck look at the dog packs in Thailand!

If you run from some dogs or ride a bicycle past some dogs, they will chase and try to attack/bite you! I believe those dogs perception is, you run from them, you are prey!

As a 10 year old I lived on an Army Post in Texas. I rode my bicycle past a new neighbors apartment and their dog ran faster than I could ride, caught up with me and bit me in the leg! The Military Police investigated, i.e. they went looking for the dog. After several kids that were running or biking were bitten by that dog, the Military Police arrested the owner, a Staff Sargent. Just what perception did that dog have of the running and biking children that caused him to attack children? What do you think?

In 1979 when I was in the Sierra Mountains of Southern California I was spotted by a pack of domesticated dogs that had gone wild. Those dogs were either abandoned or lost by their owners that had traveled up into that remote area. There were 15-20 dogs of several breeds.

The dogs chased me up onto the top of my pickup truck. I was fortunate to have been preparing to do some target shooting and had my rifle laying just inside the window. By the time I was able to retrieve the rifle, one dog was on the boxes in the back of my truck. That was the first dog I shot. If I remember correctly, I killed three of the dogs before the pack ran off.

I reported this to the local Game Warden and he knew about the dogs. The dogs were chasing and attacking people for weeks before they found me!

Now what do you think those dogs perceptions were of me and the other people when they attacked them?

Now, how I feel about dogs. I would love to adopt a big, goofy, galoot, of a dog at an animal rescue shelter in Philadelphia. But I do not know when I will travel to Thailand or how long I will be there and I do not have anyone that I could leave "Clifford" with. My cats can be left with relatives who will take care of them. But, a big 105 pound dog? Nope, no one will want to take care of him!

driving along the road and Thai people move out off there way because a dog is lying in the middle of the road and sometimes nearly cause an accident ...me!! i dont move for a dog sleeping on the road , they soon see me coming and they move ..

i don't condone stabbing a dog. but several weeks ago one of my little dogs was bitten badly when walked on a leash by a maid. i'm not sure what i would have done if i had been present. and i'm not sure what i had done to that dog (if apprehended) a few days later when our dog needed daily injections for more than a week because of a bad bite infection. for sure i wouldn't have used a knife or a gun. but breaking its neck comes to my mind.

Wow - what an upsetting story sad.pngsad.png

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

why,he was defending his dog from a loose dangerous animal,he should get an award,dogs are a pest at the best of times,though he could have done it the thai way.

Well I think your wrong - one of the reasons I really love living in Hindu and Buddhist locales is their attitude towards animals. IMHO its very well summed-up in this quote from the net:

Buddhism considers all of life to be evolving toward higher consciousness. To the Buddhist, any practice by which man sustains himself at the expense of other sentient beings is considered wrong. Buddhism considers non-human life to be Divine just as is human life. Animals are seen to be an evolving kingdom of living creatures destined in time to attain perfect enlightenment. All of life is seen to be one. According to this conviction, to harm any living thing is to do injury to the One Eternal and Divine Life. Since animals are considered to be traveling towards enlightenment just as man is, neither are they to be harmed, discouraged or hampered in their progress.

Thailand gets close to this - but if you really want to see how to value all God's creatures, on a day to day basis - not in some abstract sense, then go and spend some time in India - coolest place I've ever lived.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

You're kidding, right?

Agree 110% with everything you say, however,

"Part of the problem is that most Thai people do not even hear noise. But, even when it is brought to their attention, they rarely ever do anything about it"

I can assure you they DO hear the noise and would love to do something about it, its the culture that holds them back, harmony must be maintained at all times, graeng jai, status of the people involved, fear of the consequences.

I have had Thais ask me how I sleep at night, cant I hear the dogs at a certain house, I do what the Thais do I lie, no cant hear a thing have the a/c on doesnt affect me.

I never leave the door open to have a finger pointed at me, I go away for the weekend and when I come back the problem has always been solved, those MC guys are your friend, bring them in from another area, problem solved, no fingers can be pointed and no one is any the wiser.

I should add, the person involved has had at least 2 anonymous letters put in his mail box warning him, its most amusing to see these little tin pot dicatators standing shouting in the soi like madmen waving the letters about, effin pathetic really.

Yes, agreed, however I consider "face" to be one of the grandest forms of cowardice on the planet. It is the complete refusal to go within, to introspect, to solve a problem, to determine where you fit into the grand scheme of things, or to just live you life in peace. Face is a national tragedy. It is a wimp's approach to life. Who gives a rat's ass what people think of you, if you have enough self esteem? The practice of face is heinous.

• Like 1

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore. Better get use to it...

Agreed. But, there has to be a balance between letting anyone and everyone do as they please 24/7, regardless of how incredibly ridiculous their actions are, and asking in a polite and respectful manner if they can tame their beast, or their monster child. Don't you think? I know the Thais would not say anything, but does that mean I too have to be "a human doormat"?

Wow - what an upsetting story sad.pngsad.png

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

Well, i think you should live in my Soi, then maybe you would understand. The Thai people (most not all) just don't care about the problems dogs cause. Everyday i have to clen the crap up outside my house because the owners open their gates for the dog to shit anywhere but their place. I wrote a very polite letter in Thai asking them to stop, but same every day. Now i throw water at them, but oneday sure i will have a problem because of their lack of caring. I asked a Thai person what they would do.... poison.

Wait, this sounds like amazing advice (really, not being sarcastic) - but who/what are "MC guys"?

Wait, this sounds like amazing advice (really, not being sarcastic) - but who/what are "MC guys"?

I think he means Motor bike guys maybe?

For me, the strange thing about this story is a "Golden Retriever" supposedly attacking a "Rottweiler." You would swear that they had the dog breeds reversed. Very strange...

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe he should have traded the Rottweiler for one of those "short, fat, squat, ugly, yellow dogs."

They're easy to find. You just cut the tail off a crocodile and paint it yellow.

It would be fun to watch the surprised look on the Golden Retriever and its owners. smile.png

I was walking with my cane one day and a Thai lady saw me and let her dog out of the house and he ran straight at me! she saw it and did nothing so I swung my cane and broke his face! then she got angry! told her to shut up or I would take it home and eat it!

Edited by Rimmer
Racist rant
  • Like 2

I was walking with my cane one day and a Thai lady saw me and let her dog out of the house and he ran straight at me! she saw it and did nothing so I swung my cane and broke his face! then she got angry! told her to shut up or I would take it home and eat it!

Lovely post - people like you really make my day. Friendly, caring, kind to all God's creatures, blending-in here and respecting the people of Thailand.

• Like 2

Another good old sociable farang ex-pat doing his bit for Thai, ex-pat relations.

Deport the nasty Ba----d and confine his inhospitable ways and aggressiveness in Farangland, where it belongs.

The solution is, keep their pets within the compounds of their own inhospitable environments and properties, and stay in isolation where these people that are intolerant of others around them, do not clash with anyone else.

If unable to provide suitable accommodations for their pets in the safety and confines of their owns homes, than don`t have any pets. It`s that simple.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I think all of us are annoyed by dogs yapping and barking all hours of the day and night and more so when the Thai's do nothing about it. If the German was in fact protecting his own animal, then you could feel some sympathy but in this case, it is a premeditated attack, and let's face it, retrievers are not aggressive towards humans. This guy has a screw loose to be sure. I hope he is made to pay retribution. By the way, barking dogs all love chocolate laxatives but the owners don't and after a week of blurting bums, the owners give the dogs away... problem solved in my moo baan.

• Like 2

I think he means Motor bike guys maybe?

Correct, motorcycle taxi drivers.

Couldn't agree more, tye Thai attitude towards dogs is ridiculous.

Dogs with owners are bad enough, completely untrained in any way but the soi dogs, unbelieveable!

Disease ridden, broken limbs that never healed properly, ticks, fleas, internal parasites and open sores from the constant scratching but would Thais agree to have a dog catcher and the dogs put down? No chance!

If most of thosr dogs could talk they would say 'shoot me please'

Couple of weeks ago a pack of the local soi dogs got agressive when I was going to the shop, the pack leader made a charge for me fangs out and ready to bite, caught him perfectly under the chin with a well timed kick that sent them off yelping. Seconds later I was surrounded by angry Thais screaming at me.

Really what is wrong with these people...

The numbers of the local dogs have been slowly decreasing and will continue to do so one or two at a time.

Now where did I leave that chicken...?

you can always go back to where you came from and problem is solvedthumbsup.gif

oh but wait, you want for the entire nation to accommodate you and please you just the way you like, after all you are the big man with a pension, so they all should honor your presence in their little country

Yes that is the ticket tolerate unacceptable behavior in any society and call it culturalism. Not everyone here is a pensioner. You sound like my girlfriend who uses in Thailand as a catchall for stupid behavior. No one follows traffic laws here because its Thailand so if you don't like dying because some idiot does not follow traffic laws then go home. Don't you know every Thai person in a movie theater enjoys that one Ahole who is so self important he talks on the phone the whole movie That is the culture. We are talking common sense not retarded "if you don't like it go home" because most of this stuff Thai people have too suffer dont like inconsiderate neighbors also.

First, I'd dump the girlfriend for even suggesting I "go home if I didn't like it here", then go out and buy some chicken & spice it up with that special sauce...............actually the Thai BIB came around our neighborhood on Lang Suwan and scooped up all the dogs, it was fun sitting around drinking beer watching them chase these sly animals around the streets - where they took them is anyones guess, but couple weeks later I recognized one of the fog's that made it back from "The Dead"??? or did it escape the

BIB..........its amazing how the girls I know can stop a charging dog in its tracks with a short outburst that sounds like "Haaay!!!!!

I think they teach the puppy's that "Haaay"!! means you'll get an @ss whupping if you don't stop what you are doing.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1