The Clattenburg Conspiracy

MrRed

He has been stood down for a third week while the FA and the police carry on with there inquires.

In this day and age when a professional footballer can accuse a professional referee of racially abusing him........Why does it take so long??

There are apparently only three other officials that could hear what Clattenburg was saying over the microphone system they have between them ....all have supported Clattenburg 100% so have the referee's union Prospect and also the The referee's themselves.

John Obi Mikkel thought he called him a monkey ,,the officials are saying he said "shut up Mikkel"

Something else...........

Clattenburg was stood down before by the FA because of irregularity's and sacked by the professional game match officials group in 2009.

He was reinstated on appeal, instead serving an eight-month ban for failing to keep his employers fully informed of the nature of all his off-field affairs, but it cast no aspersion on the quality of his officiating.

The complaint by the Black lawyers group to the Met police is also ongoing but left as to not jeopardize any inquiry by the FA.

Whatever the outcome i can see changes coming that will impact the way games are refereed in the Premier League in the future.....Good or Bad and what changes remain to be seen!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well he's obviously not guilty isn't he!

I think the FA is trying to find a way of making it all disappear quietly. Clattenberg will probably value his refereeing career over filing a lawsuit against Mikkel and Chelsea anyway.

the outcome will be that refs are fully mic'd up to a fourth official and everything recorded so horrible little sh1ts like Mikkel can't lay false allegations against a ref to destroy his career because they do like losing

• Like 1

well it took 11 months to get john terry into a courtroom. so this is nothing yet.

simple rule change to avoid this kind of nonsense happening in the future - since refs, linos and fourth official are already connected by mics and earpieces, just record the bloody feed for god's sake. not difficult is it? can only assume the reason they don't already is to avoid incriminating players who rant and swear at refs.

• Like 1

Rugby style so it would stop the players confronting refs all the time.I am sure there rants would change if it can be heard by everyone?

Just an idea the really annoying thing is why if Clattenburg is stood down ......shouldn't Mikkel also be stood down by the FA? Obviously just while the investigation is ongoing maybe it would make the players think twice about throwing exaggerated accusations at refs very easily as this seems to be the case here.

If they are found to be untrue allegations what will happen to Mikkel for instance....could Clattenburg sue him for slander if he wanted?

• Like 1

if they are proven untrue then chelsea want hauling over the coals. record fine and some almighty ban of some sort. because you can't go making these kind of hugely damaging accusations at match referees without some genuine evidence, which they simply don't seem to have.

i don't think this is about mikel really. this smells more like someone higher up like their club secretary who the judge in the terry case called a liar.

• Like 1

Mikel didn't make the complaint. He didn't even hear what was said. I hope you guys never make a jury.

i hope i never make a jury either.

who made the complaint then and what specifically was it? because i didn't think that had been confirmed, only leaked?

Mikel didn't make the complaint. He didn't even hear what was said. I hope you guys never make a jury.

OK, fair enough, so who did make the complaint? As in, who was the person that heard the so called racist comment?

From the Daily mail mind you :

Not that Mikel heard this insult, you understand. It is based on the word of Brazilian player Ramires Santos do Nascimento, who apparently believes he was able to hear Clattenburg abusing his Chelsea team-mate.

At this point, it is worth noting that Ramires speaks about as much English as I speak Portuguese — which is very little. His club interviews require the services of a translator and, on the pitch, he apparently asked David Luiz — another Brazilian — to explain what he thought he had heard Clattenburg say.

Edited by alfieconn

My suggestion would be to relegate them to the 2nd division.

laugh.pnglaugh.png

ups will be on here complaining on behalf of the league.....no one wants 'em....just bulldoze the stadium and build some flats. They won't be missed. Let their fans support their local side....Sutton Utd or Kingston or whateva! biggrin.png

From the Daily mail mind you :

Not that Mikel heard this insult, you understand. It is based on the word of Brazilian player Ramires Santos do Nascimento, who apparently believes he was able to hear Clattenburg abusing his Chelsea team-mate.

At this point, it is worth noting that Ramires speaks about as much English as I speak Portuguese — which is very little. His club interviews require the services of a translator and, on the pitch, he apparently asked David Luiz — another Brazilian — to explain what he thought he had heard Clattenburg say.

hmm, yes, questionable source. and if i read that style and syntax correctly that would be from an article by that repugnant overbearing tub of lard martin samuel yes?

seems odd that chelsea were prepared to go ahead with this accusation on possibly maybe overheard hearsay though. that is, no evidence whatsoever and not even an official complaint by the supposed victim. anyone would think they were making the whole thing up to try and make a point to the FA about the terry verdict eh?

Surprised Chelsea haven't brought charges against Suarez for falling onto Terry.

Good one that actually Ramires the one that is at the centre of the evidence .........pushing Suarez the guilty racist .....onto the other guilty racist Terry....poetic justice if it all comes back to Ramires i think, and Mikkel still has heard nothing!

Rugby style so it would stop the players confronting refs all the time.I am sure there rants would change if it can be heard by everyone?

I've been saying this for a long time.

About two years ago I spoke to a friend who referees at Conference/regional football level and at that time he was against the idea but last Sunday he said that after this Clattenburg incident he, along with several colleagues he'd discussed it with, was now in favour of having something similar to the rugby style system.

Just an idea the really annoying thing is why if Clattenburg is stood down ......shouldn't Mikkel also be stood down by the FA? Obviously just while the investigation is ongoing maybe it would make the players think twice about throwing exaggerated accusations at refs very easily as this seems to be the case here.

I don't think you could 'ban' somebody for making a complaint BUT if that complaint is proved unfounded both Mikel and Ramires should then be banned for at least the same length of time that Clattenburg has been forced to 'sit it out'. The club should also be deducted, say, ten or even twenty points. With the Abramovich billions a fine on it's own would be a waste of time but deducting enough points to prevent them from achieving a top four position just might stop them, or any other club, from being vindictive in the future.

If they are found to be untrue allegations what will happen to Mikkel for instance....could Clattenburg sue him for slander if he wanted?

I hope so.

Of course this is just hearsay. I'm sure when the truth comes out both John Terry and Ashley Cole will swear blind they heard every word as wellwhistling.gif

• Like 1

After the match, my first reaction, was 'sour grapes' on Chelsea players part, clattenburg gave them what? 2 reds and a couple of bookings and those arguably lost them the match. top of the table games ALWAYS have been contentious, punch up's seem to be a thing of the past, however the tension will never disappear. and bearing that in mind, when the clubs look 4 a scapegoat sounds like the refs at the mo are easy targets, best they protect themselves for the future and record all conversations between officials. And ref's take 2 much verbal stick, if it were a 'normal' workplace, people would be sacked. and to bac their position up on the pitch ref's should introduce ZERO TOLERANCE for verbal abuse.

• Like 1

I think the whole situation is nonsensical .

I dont believe that Clattenberg has said anything racist.

Reason being is this. Had he called Mikel a monkey, which apparantly the Non.speaking English Ramires heard. Then why would Ramires not tell Mikel and the rest of the team THERE AND THEN, on the pitch. If he was so sure a racist remark had been made, then it would have been quite in order for all the players to walk off the pitch.

But no, what happens is a discussion in the dressing room between supposedly Luiz and Ramires, who then tell Mikel, and then it goes on!!!!

At best it is a misunderstanding from Ramires point of view, that Chelsea should have nipped in the bud before it went any further.

At worst it is a cynical character assassination by a bunch of spoilt brat footballers!!

What I find amazing is that in todays day and age of a million cameras showing a million different angles, there has been absolutely NOTHING to even suggest any racist remark. Nobody else has heard anything.

Chelsea should be ashamed of themselves. Just sour grapes over the Terry saga

So calling for a Mikel ban, huh? Do some of you possess logic and rationale or just a tub of lard between your ears?

What we know.

1. Mikel was told he was racially abused on the pitch.

In light of the Terry saga, what are CFC supposed to do?

Option 1.

Tell Mikel to forget about it. This would probably been the best suggestion in the light of the evidence BUT, I can see the headlines, Chelsea tell Mikel to ignore racial abuse! Yeah, that would be good for the club.

Option 2

Pursue the case to show they agree that racial abuse needs to be stamped out.

As for jacknd arguement that why it wasn't sorted out on the pitch. Yeah good idea. Mikel finds out what Ramires and Luiz heard after the incident, so Mikel stops playing football to go and argue with the ref. Brilliant!

As for Mikel being sued. Well, the case is on his behalf by the club, not by him personally, duuurrr...

Do you really think professional players (also in the case of those involved, players that are not known as troublemakers) would cook up a story that would potentially end their careers??

ups will be on here complaining on behalf of the league.....no one wants 'em....just bulldoze the stadium and build some flats. They won't be missed. Let their fans support their local side....Sutton Utd or Kingston or whateva! biggrin.png

Chelsea have been nothing but trouble ever since their supporters tried to destroy Brisbane Road in the 70's! biggrin.png

laugh.pnglaugh.png

The only way you will be in the champions league again. ;-)

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Three choices then Smokes,support Staines Town or that other local team- Man u biggrin.png or have a nose job and support your mob

None of the abovecoffee1.gif

• Like 1

So calling for a Mikel ban, huh? Do some of you possess logic and rationale or just a tub of lard between your ears?

What we know.

1. Mikel was told he was racially abused on the pitch.

In light of the Terry saga, what are CFC supposed to do?

Option 1.

Tell Mikel to forget about it. This would probably been the best suggestion in the light of the evidence BUT, I can see the headlines, Chelsea tell Mikel to ignore racial abuse! Yeah, that would be good for the club.

Option 2

Pursue the case to show they agree that racial abuse needs to be stamped out.

As for jacknd arguement that why it wasn't sorted out on the pitch. Yeah good idea. Mikel finds out what Ramires and Luiz heard after the incident, so Mikel stops playing football to go and argue with the ref. Brilliant!

As for Mikel being sued. Well, the case is on his behalf by the club, not by him personally, duuurrr...

Do you really think professional players (also in the case of those involved, players that are not known as troublemakers) would cook up a story that would potentially end their careers??

The player who supposedly heard the abuse, is not proficient in the English language.

He was the only person who heard the apparent abuse................................ STOP!! That should be enough to prevent Chelsea from taking the matter any further, especially when the Chelsea guy in charge of this situation is a fekkin lawyer!!!blink.pngblink.png

Its about the balance of probablities. Couple that with the fact that Clattenberg talks with a Geordie accent, something that Ramires will not be familiar with.

If Ramires had heard abuse, and was sure of what he heard, then he should have gone to his captain, who would have been well within his rights to lead the team off the pitch.... that would have given more credence to the Chelsea arguement.

But that didnt happen, did it? The only time it was decided abuse had taken place was several minutes after the game, in the dressing room, after a conversation between Ramires and Luizblink.png

So the bottom line is you have a person supposedly racially abused who doesnt actually hear the abuse.

The person who hears the abuse doesnt speak or understand English properly. Nobody else hears the alleged abuse.

Despite many many cameras, and millions of angles, nobody sees the alleged abuse.

A top lawyer, aware of all the NON evidence, decides to proceed with the matterblink.png

Chelsea are a laughing stock, they really are.

• Like 1