How To Stop Dog Shitting Out Side My House?

I'm not saying that this will work with dogs, but I found a way to stop cats shitting in my garden. I simply started leaving food out for them. Now I have several soi cats living in my garden, miaowing at me when they are hungry and shitting somewhere else! They are also quite cute:

post-35489-0-23529300-1352798774_thumb.j

Hahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Sorry, seriously if you have some spare time it will be helpfull to investigate WHY they chose your yard... I mean dogs are animals but they are also not stupid. They act on animal instincts. There is is reason why they go to you.

Remove the reason and they will shit elsewhere.

Edited by Dancealot

Hose any dog shit away with a good strong jet of water and then put down some strong bleach and let it rest for a while before hosing down again. As another poster have said, once they have marked their territory and decided that your place is a good toilet, they will keep coming back, but a few days of bleach and water will take away the ingrained staining and smell and they will not like the smell of the bleach.

You may have to do it a few times, however in the end they will move elsewhere.

Hose the area with soap and water, then empty a full bottle of white vinegar over the area. There's a product to keep dogs and cats away. Not sure what they call it in Thailand but then spread it all around.

Edited by Mrjlh

Leave the gate open then they'll shit inside! Just kidding!

Get a bottle of clorox bleach and a scrub brush on a handle and thoroughly scrub the area outside of your gate. The dogs smell the crap that was there previously and are leaving their sent!

Go down to your local market and buy a catapult and a bag of marbles

and every time you see a dog hanging around your front gate ,shoot a marble at him.

You don't have to hit him just close enough to let him know that he could get hurt.

Of course if they don't stop then ...POW !!...give it to 'em !!

Please don't resort to violence against these dogs - and certainly don't consider "killing" them (and I say this for YOUR sake also !).

Try, instead, filling some large used Coke bottles (clear-plastic) with clear water and hang these at 1 m spacing's on the street-side of your front gate/fence. Make sure they're at about 'eye-level' for your average dog and see what happens . . . . .

Dogs perceive these things as "evil-eyes"- and will stay away from your front.

thumbsup.gif

Please don't resort to violence against these dogs - and certainly don't consider "killing" them (and I say this for YOUR sake also !).

Try, instead, filling some large used Coke bottles (clear-plastic) with clear water and hang these at 1 m spacing's on the street-side of your front gate/fence. Make sure they're at about 'eye-level' for your average dog and see what happens . . . . .

Dogs perceive these things as "evil-eyes"- and will stay away from your front.

thumbsup.gif

This works well. Can even sit the bottles on the ground.