Myanmar Visa Is Now Live ? Not Yet...

Slightly contradictory information.

On the one hand they give instructions on how to proceed with the e-visa application.

Then they inform you "In order to provide each entry to the country and to pormote investment in Myanmar, e-visa or Electronic Visa Application will be up and running pretty soon."

So is it available today or not? (I just received a visa from the Myanmar Consulate yesterday so am not going to try it out myself)

Just sent an email to Myanmar Easenet - who are running the site - to ask them when it will be live.

I've had a couple of emails from them in the past 5 months.

Got this reply within a few minutes:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our system is now ready to launch and we are now waiting for the green light from government. We will announce our official launch date together with visa fee once we got confirmation from the government. Now this duration is our testing period.So we down the site and we show the login page in the site. I would like to suggest that you should get your visa from one of the nearest Myanmar Embassy.

Best regards,

Myanmar Ease Net

so not yet!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would love someone to tell me how much the visa is (tourist). Loads of searching done and have seen answers from 25 to 40 dollars.

Anyone done it in thye past few weeks who can tell me.

Price varies depending on where you are/what country you are purchasing it in.

Where are you located?

I would love someone to tell me how much the visa is (tourist). Loads of searching done and have seen answers from 25 to 40 dollars.

Anyone done it in thye past few weeks who can tell me.

Price varies depending on where you are/what country you are purchasing it in.

Where are you located?

Thailand, BKK UK passport for me and Thai for my wife.

Looks like you are in Thailand.

If you apply in person for a tourist visa at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok - it will cost you:

1260 baht for an express same-day service (Apply morning, pick up afternoon)

1050 baht for next day service (Apply morning, collect next day afternoon)

810 baht for normal service. (Apply morning day 1, collect afternoon of Day 3, ie 2 days later)

Hope this helps - additional info can be found in this post here

Looks like you are in Thailand.

If you apply in person for a tourist visa at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok - it will cost you:

1260 baht for an express same-day service (Apply morning, pick up afternoon)

1050 baht for next day service (Apply morning, collect next day afternoon)

810 baht for normal service. (Apply morning day 1, collect afternoon of Day 3, ie 2 days later)

Hope this helps - additional info can be found in this post here

Ok, thanks.

Just one more question, Do we both need to go to the embassy or can I take both applications and passports.

Can be difficult for my wife to get time off from work.

Both passports have same family name

Edited by overherebc

Ok, thanks.

Just one more question, Do we both need to go to the embassy or can I take both applications and passports.

Hi overherebc,

No problem - you can take both applications in yourself. Make sure you have the 2 passport photos each, and a photocopy of the passport bio page for each passport along with the forms to hand in.

I've put a copy of the current tourist visa form in a pinned thread at the top of this forum. Helpful to have it all ready and filled out before you go in :)

Hope this helps

cheers

SVB

Ok, thanks.

Hi overherebc,

No problem - you can take both applications in yourself. Make sure you have the 2 passport photos each, and a photocopy of the passport bio page for each passport along with the forms to hand in.

I've put a copy of the current tourist visa form in a pinned thread at the top of this forum. Helpful to have it all ready and filled out before you go in smile.png

Hope this helps

cheers

SVB

Thanks,

Plenty of time as we plan going around Feb' next year. However I will keep my eye on the thread, as things do have a habit of changing.

Thanks again

I arrived in Yangon yesterday using Business Visa On Arrival.

I paid a Yangon based company to prepare everything before I arrived (must be pre-arranged in Yangon before you leave for Myanmar)

Cost was $80 - $30 to the tour company and $50 for the Visa fee (to govt/immigration at Yangon airport).

Processed swiftly on arrival - took about 5 minutes.

I'll use this company again - great communication and they even managed to sort mine out with only 2 days notice. Very impressed.

• Like 1

I arrived in Yangon yesterday using Business Visa On Arrival.

I paid a Yangon based company to prepare everything before I arrived (must be pre-arranged in Yangon before you leave for Myanmar)

Cost was $80 - $30 to the tour company and $50 for the Visa fee.

Processed swiftly on arrival - took about 5 minutes.

I'll use this company again - great communication and they even managed to sort mine out with only 2 days notice. Very impressed.

And is there a link to the company website or a contact email address?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was curious and decided to go back and check the government e-visa site again today.

I'll see if I can post a screenshot - but I can see the web admins finally got tired of queries from the general public.

There is now a VERY CLEAR banner which drops down from the top of the website which says:

E-Visa Online is undergoing beta testing and no applications are allowed for the time being.