Songkran Days

Hello Kitty

Of course nobody can deny the statistics. People drive stinking drunk, and other people delight in emptying barrels of water over the windshields of speeding pick up trucks driven by shatfaced drivers, effectively blurring their vision for a few seconds - which is all it takes to crash into a motorcycle and cause a tragedy. So the main advice is, if you have to drive - drive slowly, and not drunk. Do not travel far.

If you're in Chiang Mai, get into the city around the moat and join the mayhem. In there, the traffic is so slow and it is so packed with people, that it is virtually impossible to drive quickly enough to seriously hurt oneself. :o

Of course nobody can deny the statistics. People drive stinking drunk, and other people delight in emptying barrels of water over the windshields of speeding pick up trucks driven by shatfaced drivers, effectively blurring their vision for a few seconds - which is all it takes to crash into a motorcycle and cause a tragedy. So the main advice is, if you have to drive - drive slowly, and not drunk. Do not travel far.

If you're in Chiang Mai, get into the city around the moat and join the mayhem. In there, the traffic is so slow and it is so packed with people, that it is virtually impossible to drive quickly enough to seriously hurt oneself. :o

I liked being midway down on Taepae road. I put a large trash can under the water meter (feeding it coins all day long) buy large blocks of ice from a vendor across the street and shooting everyone and everybody excluding the elderly and those who ask not to be wetted, with ice cold clean water. The slidy things work great, shoot a long ways fairly accurate. I physically touch no one, as its not an event for groping but a celebration of the new year. I must admit ( and my wifes observed) a perchant for squirting pooyings, as they scream the loudest when getting hit with the icy water. I don't aim at specific body parts as I've seen some attempt. A middle of the back shot I feel if possible is most effective and least offensive to ladies.

One of the most irritating aspects of fellow farangs is their lack of respect when your trying to take photos during the day. It seems they try to target your camera, now to me thats nothing they'd want done to their camera if they were using one, so why do it to anothers.

Some folk don't want to be wetted and will put up a hand asking not to be. I respect this as do most Thais its the farangs that just can't get a handle on being polite.

>One of the most irritating aspects of fellow farangs is their lack of respect

>when your trying to take photos during the day. It seems they try to target

>your camera

It always seemed to me that if Songkran was ever held in any Western European country, it would end with cars being pushed in the moat, breaking windows, hooliganism. The further you get from tourists the better it is. (Which is why I don't really understand your preference for Thapae road??) (Loi Kroh I could understand, and I do make sure to spend at least an hour or two there :D )

Another good road for example is the old Lamphun road (with the tall trees). As there's more shade around, it attracts cute girls who want to stay white. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

>One of the most irritating aspects of fellow farangs is their lack of respect

>when your trying to take photos during the day. It seems they try to target

>your camera

It always seemed to me that if Songkran was ever held in any Western European country, it would end with cars being pushed in the moat, breaking windows, hooliganism. The further you get from tourists the better it is. (Which is why I don't really understand your preference for Thapae road??) (Loi Kroh I could understand, and I do make sure to spend at least an hour or two there :D )

Another good road for example is the old Lamphun road (with the tall trees). As there's more shade around, it attracts cute girls who want to stay white. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

I like the spot as my wife selects it :o (Close to Noi's som tom across from Verichai court) And I know a few of the shop owners and employess in the area.

For men I suggest not wearing underwear.....when it gets wet it can get in a twist and be uncomfortable....going without is much more comfortable. If you don't want people to spread the talc all over your face and head (or elsewhere) because you don't want them pawing you then I recommend applying a thick coat of it on yourself so that you are already covered...this does stop them...take some talc along with you so you can do a quick touch up if it washes off.