Notary Public For Usa Document - Urgent!

seeker108

Does anyone know of an American notary public here in CM other than at the consulate? The price there seems to me to be high, but at this point, the main thing is that I need this long before next Tuesday which is the next time they are available for this service.

Any suggestions?

The American Consultant’s office is over priced for a Notary stamp, but if you just need a “stamp” for something like a Thai Drivers License you can obtain a stamp to satisfy the situation by going to the Thai Immigration Office (Visa department) and their stamp will take care of most Thai documents requiring a Notary.

Hope this may help some!

Regards,

This has been brought up a few times before and the reason notary publics are hard to find is that Thailand has none, and US Notaries would not be valid if it was not withinn their jurisdiction i.e. their home state that licensed them or a neighboring state with a recipricol agreement.

Many Thai lawyers have nice fancy notary stamps and will notarize documents. I refinanced two US properties with a US bank and they accepted that. It's up to whoever you are sending the documents to.

The difference is that a "Notary Public" is licensed by the government, local, provincial, federal, whatever, and Thailand does nat have that system in place.

In Pattaya the lawyers are even more expensive than the Embassy anyway so you might as well use them (or the consulate).

My apologies if I messed up any of the details but I think that is the gist of it. Usually people only get a terse reply that there are no "Notary Publics" in Thailand with no explanation of why.

Both, sort of correct. The Thai notaries seem to be licensed through an international notarial body rather than a Thai govt. body.

When I told the consulate that I needed this today and could not wait till Tuesday they finally told me that certain lincesed Thai lawyers could do it and they sent me a list of approved attorneys. I was able to reach 3 of these attorneys and 2 of them came in under 1,000 baht (one only after making it clear that his asking price was riduculous and I could get it done cheaper elsewhere).

I had called some other firms earlier and some of these smooth gents wanted as much as 5,000 baht for a 30 second job of looking at my passport and signing their name and putting their stamp. I had almost considered one of these firms for other business. Not a chance now.

seeker

When the US requires a Notary, i don't think the Thai lawyers are acceptible for this. A couple of years ago this Conulate service was $55, heard they down to $30. Mie Lue. In the States you can get for free or 50 cents at the tops. Ya gotta bite the bullet here, unless it is for official gov. business, then it it is for free. Wow how they help us so muchly. :o