British Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse To Be Extradited To Phuket

webfact

Good - so when is on his way to Thailand ? But no doubt some other reason will be found to keep him in the UK.

The UK system is a joke, this guy will appeal and appeal and appeal again

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic comment removed

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many hypocrites...on the one hand everyone mocks the Thai justice system, on the other hand they praise justice being done with this extradition.

No justice has been served yet....he's only been extradited. Let's wait for the outcome of a trial.

He most certainly has not.

And, of course, will not. ;)

ECHR will laugh at Thailand and throw it out as soon as they look at it. :)

Mods are you awake?? Shame on you for either missing or allowing some outrageous posts on this topic - one poster in particular (# 14 and 81) is being allowed to make unproven allegations about this incident, which should be considered "sub-judice"

you appear to be allowing trial by thaivisa forum

100% unacceptable

• Like 1

Mods are you awake?? Shame on you for either missing or allowing some outrageous posts on this topic - one poster in particular (# 14 and 81) is being allowed to make unproven allegations about this incident, which should be considered "sub-judice"

100% unacceptable

Press the report button if your not a happy bunny. They can't read everything. sad.png
  • Like 1

So many hypocrites...on the one hand everyone mocks the Thai justice system, on the other hand they praise justice being done with this extradition.

No justice has been served yet....he's only been extradited. Let's wait for the outcome of a trial.

And, of course, will not. wink.png

ECHR will laugh at Thailand and throw it out as soon as they look at it. smile.png

The ECHR had better hurry if they want to take a look. Aldhouse could soon be on a plane.

And, of course, will not. wink.png

ECHR will laugh at Thailand and throw it out as soon as they look at it. smile.png

The ECHR had better hurry if they want to take a look. Aldhouse could soon be on a plane.

You obviously don't know about the systems in place. whistling.gif

Edited by cbrer

100% unacceptable

Press the report button if your not a happy bunny. They can't read everything. sad.png

fair enough mate, never used that button before! I have now

100% unacceptable

Yes we are awake and watching. Please send me a PM why you consider that 'unproven allegations' have been made.

Edit/// Ok I see you have made a report - mods are dealing with it now.

Well i must say, i didnt think that would happen, should be back for a nice Xmas healthy dinner of fish heads and rice water

Interestingly, quite a few brits who've been transferred to the UK after serving the first few years of their sentences in Bangkwang have said they preferred the Thai jail, where there was a lot more freedom than in 23 hr/7d/w UK lock-ups. If you have a bit of cash the food can be fine too (you cook it yourself), and of course you can buy all sorts of other "stuff" to make the time go faster.

The view of Thai prisons was distorted by a ludicrous book called "The Damage Done" about Bangkwang in the 70's. These days its way different, but even back then it bore little resemblance to its depiction in that sensationalist book, as confirmed to me by two acquaintances who spent time on both sides of the walls. One a prisoner, the other a guard.

Anyway, it's good to know Mr Lee is going to be out of circulation for a very long time.

What 24/7 Bangup you are joking. The British jails are just like a 2 star hotel, you got your own LCD tv, keys to your own cell. You can wear your own clothes, choice of three meals both at lunch and dinner. Your out of your cell pretty much of the day.

You got access to education and gym, as well as other activities, some prisons have got phones in there cells.

Anyway the jiff of this, is when it reaches The Hague, the extradition will be denied because Thailand still gives death penalties, it does not matter if they offer guarantees.

In a case with a trial in the past with Americans trying to extradite a British person for murder, they gave the court false promises he would not be executed, but they allowed the appeal and he was given the chair.

The European courts are now reluctant to extradite to any countries that impose the death sentence.

The British guy who was executed in the US—do you recall which case that was?

100% unacceptable

Hummmm

How about proving that your allegations of lack of proofs are proven...

The Uk has agreed to the Thai extradition request. That is the story.

He will not receive the death penalty. That is the quid pro quo caveat that has been agreed between the two respective governments. The Thai state prosecutor will not seek it.

Also, the official pardon, graciously given in Thailand, will be applied in this case after a period of several years. I would anticipate 5. Thereby, every thing has gone quiet and the perp. returns to serve out his time in the UK prison system, while further cementing good diplomatic relations between the two democracies.

Next.

• Like 2

100% unacceptable

Yes we are awake and watching. Please send me a PM why you consider that 'unproven allegations' have been made.

And if BTM really did witness what he claimed? It's ridiculous to demand that a person who possesses first-hand knowledge of an event be prevented from revealing it unless he is giving evidence in a criminal court; and even more ridiculous for some other party to assert that such knowledge is invalid unless it is formally delivered during a trial! It is fashionable to claim sub judice, but under modern rules for contempt of court, jurisdictions typically try to institute sensible controls to avoid stifling free speech.

This forum is not the place where Aldhouse's guilt will formally be determined, so it would be 'outrageous' and '100% unacceptable' to allow members to express only opinions that contain none. A comment blanket on a topic of public interest does not serve the public interest! Admittedly, this opinion is probably influenced by me coming from a jurisdiction where courts have come to apply suppression orders so liberally, that concerns about free speech are commonly raised.

Edited by aboctok

The Uk has agreed to the Thai extradition request. That is the story.

He will not receive the death penalty. That is the quid pro quo caveat that has been agreed between the two respective governments. The Thai state prosecutor will not seek it.

Also, the official pardon, graciously given in Thailand, will be applied in this case after a period of several years. I would anticipate 5. Thereby, every thing has gone quiet and the perp. returns to serve out his time in the UK prison system, while further cementing good diplomatic relations between the two democracies.

Next.

Well said.

There's more than a whiff of international and political nicey-nicey grand standing in this case.

First British person to be extradited from the UK to Thailand.

The victim was an American national, so they'll be keeping a very close watch on this too.

I can see it playing out pretty much the way you have said.

If he comes to Thailand, which people are now trying to cast into the shadow of doubt.

As far as the EHCR and them putting a spanner in the engine of the 747 laid on for Aldhouse's extradition, surely those privileges are only afforded to radical fundamentalist clerics who spew vitriolic hate and death against the same country that feeds, clothes and houses them.

Could someone who actually knows whether he can stop his extradition with legal wrangling please say so and cite some source of information. Simply saying 'the EHCR can do X and Y' isn't enough.

If he can stall and stall and appeal and appeal, then the headline really isn't news. It's anti-climactic in the extreme.

Edited by ManInSurat

100% unacceptable

It's ridiculous to demand that a person who possesses first-hand knowledge of an event be prevented from revealing it unless he is giving evidence in a criminal court; and even more ridiculous for some other party to assert that such knowledge is invalid unless it is formally delivered during a trial!

because a criminal trial is exactly the proper and only place allegations of that nature should be aired - allowing these comments to stand here is allowing someone to say whatever they like by circumventing the legal process. In a trial, such allegations will be tested by experts. Nobody here is suitably qualified or in any position to test this guy's claims. So yes, I stand by my statement that it is ridiculous to allow them to be made. Let him go to the police - that is where his comments belong, the court is where he will be tested and, if true, that is where they will have their biggest impact. Spare me the mob fury.

100% unacceptable

Hummmm

How about proving that your allegations of lack of proofs are proven...

Sure! has he proven them in court? NO. Unless and until he has, they will never be proven. So, yes, I can prove my allegation that his claims have no proof.

As soon as you believe that criminal allegations can be valid ouside a court, you show your lack of faith in the justice system. If the system needs fixing that is another matter but while the Thai justice system exists, we are bound to abide by it. Otherwise, what is to stop people taking the law into their own hands whenever they believe allegations have been "proven" against someone they know? That's mob rule!

Hello, the man is going to Thailand to face charges so he is not guilty of anything. If he is convicted, he might spend a few years in a Thai prison before he will ask to be transfered to a prison in the UK. The Thai government and people do not want to pay for a foreigner to live the next 50 or more years in their prison so the transfer will be completed. He is still not guilty of anything now, but there should be substantial evidence so the courts in the Uk will approve the extradition. Cheers

So then, according to you, nobody should be talking about news events, be it amongst friends, expressing any opinions about what they learnt. Over dinner, at a bar, in family gatherings, let's stick to the weather right?

Wow.

Life must be real upsetting for you.

People express opinions about many things all the time. Most people expressed opinions about what they read, I remember how people expressed opinions about the O,J. Simpson case, as an example that comes to mind. (as it is back in the news).

And questions about immigration, many people express opinions and provide advice. Should this be stopped and referred to the courts or immigration officials only?

And people even have opinions about politicians. Unproven opinions as I can understand.

I read and learn from many posters. I can distinguish between between what makes sense or not. And I can make my own opinions.

The last thing we need is additional censorship between what is proven or not.

And for your information, in many instances, the court throws out some cases, unproven ones as they are, for many reasons, including technicalities. While everybody, including the courts are convinced a guilty person is going back on the streets.

And people talk about that also......

Upsetting right?

Doesn't seem to be any mention of a deal that Thai prosecutors may not demand the death penalty but perhaps that is just standard and not worth mentioning. I hope that don't let him escape again.

That is standerd. Without such deal he cannot be extradited as the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits that.

There's always an exemption of the rule.

(-BTM-) - Can you make such a public statement and then be called to testify? Just wondering.

You mean, in Thailand? emo28.gif

What does not "go" here? emo12.gif Nearly "everything" goes here, good and bad! emo7.gif

By the way, I am not an expert, but maybe, you, mix up, "witness" with, "juror".

Edited by ALFREDO

I believe the praise here is due to the UK judicial system, which has approved extradition of Mr. Aldhouse to Thailand. It remains to be seen how the Thai judicial system operates once he is back in Thailand.

The praise in this instance is not so much for the UK Judicial system,more like Teresa May the tough Home Secretary. Unfortunate for those that want their Thai wives or GFs back in the UK,she is making it tough for them too. by constantly introducing new Immigration laws,more stringent than the last,her aim has been clearly stated:Immigration must "come down from 100,000 a year to 10,000" That doesn't count for Europeans,who can walk in on the Open Border Agreement with European Countries.

• Like 1

But doesn't he look so innocent? w00t.gif

My friend -Sirchai- nono.gif No! Must not hang him, galgen.gif

But, some,more or less years, he will have to fight aggressive.gif now in a Thai prison and not in front of an audience.

As I read, if sentenced 15 years or less, in Phuket.

Edited by ALFREDO

As for Muay Thai boxers, I can't say I respect them very much, from what I've seen they are overly anxious to prove their sweaty strength and have people to bully.

Not to quickly shaved over one comb? rolleyes.gif

You mean, all Muay Thai Boxers, Thai and Falangs alike?

You write, "I've seen they are overly anxious to prove their sweaty strength"

How, where, you've made this experiences, as I think, you will not hang out with them? whistling.gif

100% unacceptable

Really? Never have known that. nullahnung.gif