British Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse To Be Extradited To Phuket

webfact

<snip.

Most crimes are committed in the heat of the moment,

<snip>

Really ... by all alleged accounts this alleged crime was not 'in the heat of the moment'

Yep, some are/were premeditated, like this one.

That really depends.

Which side is paying the most money or has the most to offer? :(

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You paint an authoritive and knowledgable picture of life in a British prison. Can you name the souce(s) of you information, and confirm how long the scenario you describe has been in place?

I know a psychiatrist who carries out regular prisoner assessments and visits, several prison officers and four people who served over 8 years each. All described the conditions in British prisons consistently, but somewhat differently to you.

Apologies - I just saw your other postings confirming your source as a relation who worked at HMP Wandsworth.

He is entitled to his view, which is very different from the people I know. The psychiatrist still maintains that people who say that British prisons are a soft option have never been inside. I know a selection of people who have been convicted for a wide range of different offences and who come from different backgrounds and educational abilities. Not one wants to return to prison, or sees it as a pleasent experience.

Clearly there is enough evidence to extadite this man. The only course for his lawyer is to suggest that Thai prisons are such evil disgusting insanitry and cruel places that his human rights will be abused. European courts usually err on the more liberal view and Theresa May will not be able to influence this.

I hope he is extradited and faces a full and competent trial where the "eyewitnesses" who post here can give evidence. If convicted or he chooese to plead guilty, he should be sentenced in accordance with the Thai law.

You're quiet right, I do not have any lengthy personal experience from within the prison walls (thankfully), but I did talk often and at length with my uncle before his death in 2010, and he retired in 2007 I believe, so he would have been describing life in Wandsworth 5 years ago. It is my understanding that Wandsworth was being upgraded at that point and was the last prison the the UK to install flush toilets throughout the whole prison and also the last prison to be totally electrified.

If you'd like to tell me how your ex-con friends and staff say it's a different experience to me, I'd love to hear how they have described it (sincerely not being facetious, I'd really like to know!) You mentioned you knew a lot of people from within the prison system, but didn't actually articulate where their experiences differed from my uncle's at all. What is so different of the benefits and privileges I listed, when trying to compare a British prison to Thai one.

I'm still very certain all of the benefits I listed are available for all. There are some you do have to work for. They can be taken away from you. I did also say that special cases would have altered lifestyles from the average prisoner. If you'd like to refute/rebut any of those points, then please feel free to do so.

My base point was that I find it extremely hard to listen to anyone posit that life in a Thai prison would be an "easier route", when compared to the British experience (from what I've learned from my uncle and documentaries).

You're quite right, prison is not meant to be easy. I didn't say it was. I said it was significantly less arduous than the experience Aldhouse could expect to have over here. I'm still maintaining that point of view. Mainly as for the nature of his crime, going back to hunt down and stab a man who caused him to lose face, by fairly beating him in a fight (that Alhouse would almost definitely have started) I'd much prefer him to actually be extradited and do some comparatively "harder" time. It might not sound very nice and humane, but I'm entitled to my opinions.

Moreover, there's a constant stream of criminals laughing their way into custody in the UK and having the nerve to talk back to the judge and tell them how "farkin easy that bird is mate" etc! It's always in the papers.

I highly doubt your average low/middle class Thai has had or will ever have that reaction to incarceration in any prison in LOS. That does speak volumes for me.

I am definitely no expert on any prison anywhere and I never claimed to be. I just have had a lot of information about what life in one is like (admittedly from one man).

If you'd like to debate the fact that when compared to a Thai prison, a British prison is NOT the softer option of the two, I'd be very interested to hear the argument you put forward for that.

Also, as JetSet asked before.....

Is he here yet?

i can tell you now every statement youv made is completley inacurrate, so you guys must have been talkin about footie not prison life

<snip.

<snip>

Really ... by all alleged accounts this alleged crime was not 'in the heat of the moment'

No, it seems not. But arguing that 'prison should be tougher' ignores that not all cases are like this one. The rarity of violent bullies is exactly why they make the news, when the bread and butter of court sentencing - housebreakers who're doing it for some extra cash, pickpockets, small-time drug dealers, people who got drunk and lashed out at the wrong person - is ignored and passed over.

Edited by RogueLeader

i can tell you now every statement youv made is completley inacurrate, so you guys must have been talkin about footie not prison life

Even you must be able to see the irony in "completly inacurrate". *Completely *Inaccurate.

Are you trying to tell me that my uncle working in Wandsworth for 20 odd years is inaccurate? Or what Baerboxer said about his acquaintances/friends in the prison system is inaccurate?

I've sat here for 20 mins to try and relate any word or even sentence that anyone has said on this thread to football and I keep coming up with nothing.

You seem to know the truth here, so please, please enlighten us. Why are you leaving us hanging? Tell us HOW our statements are wrong and WHY they are wrong. Instead of getting back from whichever bar half-cut, feeling some sort of misguided umbrage against a post long-since disregarded and spouting unintelligible drivel.

The floor is yours. Explain why we're so wrong.

Edited by ManInSurat

Even you must be able to see the irony in "completly inacurrate". *Completely *Inaccurate.

Are you trying to tell me that my uncle working in Wandsworth for 20 odd years is inaccurate? Or what Baerboxer said about his acquaintances/friends in the prison system is inaccurate?

I've sat here for 20 mins to try and relate any word or even sentence that anyone has said on this thread to football and I keep coming up with nothing.

You seem to know the truth here, so please, please enlighten us. Why are you leaving us hanging? Tell us HOW our statements are wrong and WHY they are wrong. Instead of getting back from whichever bar half-cut, feeling some sort of misguided umbrage against a post long-since disregarded and spouting unintelligible drivel.

The floor is yours. Explain why we're so wrong.

i already told you in a earlier post that you po pood, to the point where you even ridiculed the fact that they where red tracksuit bottoms, so im not gonna sit here and explaint what prison life is like, all im saying is that your wrong wrong wrong.

you should retract some fo your statements otherwise your gonnas lose this game

and end up with egg on your head

Edited by 2008bangkok

Did he really just say poo pood?

I think my grandma used to use that expression.................off to Google to figure out what that means !!!

He actually said "po pood" (yeah I have no idea either, but I think he might have meant poo pod too.)

So officially I'm a po pood with egg on my head. (Poo pod with egg on my face?). What's this all about GOM? I can't translate it into English, no matter how I try.

No one in their right mind says (sic) "you're wrong, wrong, wrong" or words to that effect, over and over and then fails to show or explain how the other person is wrong.

You have this "game" all to yourself bangkok2008. I'm out. I will retract nothing. I listed benefits that were available to prisoners in the UK, several people have told me this is all wrong, even though my own uncle worked in different prisons for a few decades. None of you have bothered to even slightly TRY to state some facts to refute and rebut this.

You can't say "everything you say is wrong" and then not even try to explain why. Well, you can, but it makes you look foolish to me and definitely makes me want to give you both a wide berth on these forums, in perpetuity.

Also, that is not the definition of the word ridicule, by any stretch of the imagination. I simply pointed out the uniforms were blue (bluey-grey really) and not red and made no mention of tracksuit bottoms whatsoever. Yes, I was being a pedant at that time to make a point.

I did say they don't wear jumpsuits, which you never mentioned and after reading through the thread again, that's the only instance where I can see I've made a minuscule error. You are right about that, but it's so trivial as to be insignificant. Sometimes the pedantic side of me gets a little carried away. Oh the humanity.

The fact alone that you seem to think that the standard prison uniform is red, tells me the "great knowledge" and "wealth of information" you profess to have is not going to be accurate in any shape, manner or form.

Carry on making things up that are simply not true. Carry on ALONE. I'm not party to your inane and insane ramblings any longer.

Play nice with the other kids in the playground.

EDIT:

I see what you meant is "pooh-poohed" now. Or negated, refuted, rebutted, etc.

I'm a bit sad as I've never been called a "po pood" before and wanted to tell my mates down the beach all about it today. Nevermind.

Edited by ManInSurat

I'm a bit sad as I've never been called a "po pood" before and wanted to tell my mates down the beach all about it today. Nevermind.

man i just cannot comment anymore, i just went to the zoo today to look at the monkeys, great fun, you would try it sometime

You have not given any sensible comments here anyway, so stay in the zoo, we won't miss you here.

• Like 1

<snip.

<snip>

I think Aldhouse's brain was well insulated from any cooling effect of the night air. wink.png

That really depends.

Which side is paying the most money or has the most to offer? sad.png

That's the irresistible lure of corruption: it resolves all moral and societal questions down to the question: "Who's paying the best bribe?" That's why barely-developed nations like China and India are so prominent in world economics now. 21st Century global capitalism is essentially corrupt. Civilisation is a luxury for the rich.