Bmw C600 Sport Vs Yamaha T-Max 530

tomaway

Hi All,

I am living in Phuket and I seriously start thinking about buying a maxi scooter.

Fed up driving the same scooter than everybody, fed up with uncomfortable seat, lack of power and first of all, the lack of pleasure to drive a nice machine.

I now that the T-Max is since a decade or more the best choice in the category and for sale in the Kingdom for about 500 kThb but as BMW Thailand is launching its new maxi scooter for the same price, I just wanted to know if somebody already ordered or tried one?

Cheers,

tom

Can't comment too much here but take a breath of fresh air with the BMW, even if it falls behind on performance it won't be by much.

It has a 'BMW' badge, of which will be the topic of discussion for most Thais for hours after you and your bike wizz off into the distance.

I'd personally prefer the rare BMW to the more common T-Max :)

Thanks all for your reply.

I am not planing any races on Phuket road but as we say in France "qui peut le plus, peut le moins" meaning driving a big bike at 60 or 80Km/h is much safer than driving a click or a PCX at the same speed...... But if I can win hands down every "between lights" contest, it's a big plus! whistling.gif

Karlos: Everybody here is more or less driving the same car, same bike d/t the lack of choice so I agree with that, just too many T-max here in Phuket....

The big plus for me with the BMW, apart from having the BMW badge wub.png , is the trunk where you can put 2 full face helmet while stopped.

Yankee99: As I was not planning to buy any BMW in Thailand I never really cared about that but thanks for the comment, I am going to investigate on it.... Knowing the price of the vehicles they are selling, I just thought that their technician should be well trained on how to maintain cars or bikes.... I'll have a look on the net if I can find some feedback.

Anyway, birthday is in May so I have at least 5 more months to decide which one will be my (self made) presentbiggrin.png

I see a lot of Sym 300 & 400 in Pattaya nowadays and as @loserlazer also mention, less than 1/2 price for the 400 cc model with a lot of space under the seat and fast too if needed. If I was on the market for one I will buy Sym but my PCX 150 is good enough for my needs.

Thanks all for your reply.

I am not planing any races on Phuket road but as we say in France "qui peut le plus, peut le moins" meaning driving a big bike at 60 or 80Km/h is much safer than driving a click or a PCX at the same speed...... But if I can win hands down every "between lights" contest, it's a big plus! whistling.gif

Karlos: Everybody here is more or less driving the same car, same bike d/t the lack of choice so I agree with that, just too many T-max here in Phuket....

The big plus for me with the BMW, apart from having the BMW badge wub.png , is the trunk where you can put 2 full face helmet while stopped.

Yankee99: As I was not planning to buy any BMW in Thailand I never really cared about that but thanks for the comment, I am going to investigate on it.... Knowing the price of the vehicles they are selling, I just thought that their technician should be well trained on how to maintain cars or bikes.... I'll have a look on the net if I can find some feedback.

Anyway, birthday is in May so I have at least 5 more months to decide which one will be my (self made) presentbiggrin.png

Barcelona service in Phuket: used them for my MINI till they did not want me or were rather not allowed to service me anymore (grey import). I can only praise them of being nothing but a professional set up. Good service, good technicians as far as i could say. Although i would not go for a 500 scooter, would go for Ducati, I really think a BMW is a BMW and wins surely in the image category, plus novelty factor.