KhonJaiYen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have TOT internet, you could try their IPTV offerings, they call

it Metv and they have 60 Thai channels and 32 English channels,

cost Bht 730 pm, they offer one package with 18 English channels

at Bht 440 pm, dont know cost of the box ect.

If you google streaming to tv, you will find lots of site that offer links

to stream programs to you tv, I have a Nettop pc that has HDMI and

just stream movies ,series directly to my LED tv, last night i watched

Skyfall, latest Bond movie,latest episodes of Downton Abbey and

Sons of Anarchy ,so search and ye shall find.

regards Worgeordie

When I stream TV stations on the computer it is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't and when it does it sometimes "skips" so much that it is hard to follow the program. Are these paid streaming sites any more reliable?

Hi Ulysses G. I just use the free sites that link you to the likes of Putlocker ,Sockshare, they are the best

out of many, BUT it all depends on how much bandwith you have, I have TOT 10Mbs and most of the time it works

ok, Its well worth the effort as you can watch what you want when you want, not a 5 -10 year repeat ,heres one you can try

iwatchonline just google it.then you will see what I mean. regards Worgeordie

If you have TOT internet, you could try their IPTV offerings, they call

it Metv and they have 60 Thai channels and 32 English channels,

cost Bht 730 pm, they offer one package with 18 English channels

at Bht 440 pm, dont know cost of the box ect.

Here's the link to the TOT IPTV service... No idea if it's any good or not.

http://www.totiptv.com/

Tommo, I don't have either of them... But I've seen 3BB advertising their IPTV service online and with paper flyers in the malls for months, and TOT MeTV has a pretty well fleshed out website.

What makes you say that they "don't seem to work (yet)"?

I went into the showrooms and had a go with their display models.

The 3BB one hardly worked at all, stuttering, channels failing to load.

I assumed if they couldn't get it working in their showroom, I wouldn't have much luck at home.

ToT couldn't show me one at all or tell me what channels they had.

The IPTV (Thai) box I have, generally works very well.

Some interruptions in service at the moment, apparently due to them adding another 50 channels to their servers.

When it works it's great. Been off a couple of times in the last two weeks.

Tommo, thanks for clarifying that in terms of your experience...

Re the TOT MeTV website, here's the info they're showing re their channel lineup... Again, no idea what level of operational status they have.

post-58284-0-37447400-1353493616_thumb.j

post-58284-0-02832700-1353493633_thumb.j

fwiw, the listed channel lineup above looks very similar to the local BKK cable service I subscribe to (not TrueVisions) and pay 350b a month for, including two points of service.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

When I stream TV stations on the computer it is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't and when it does it sometimes "skips" so much that it is hard to follow the program. Are these paid streaming sites any more reliable?

Hi Ulysses G. I just use the free sites that link you to the likes of Putlocker ,Sockshare, they are the best

out of many, BUT it all depends on how much bandwith you have,

Thanks for that. I have 3BB 10 MBs, but in the evening it loads slowly and streaming is pretty much useless most of the time. It is usually OK in the morning and afternoon.

Almost all the English speaking cable/streaming channels such as Universal, Nat Geo and all its varients, Sci-Fy etc spend so much time trailing their next presentations I'm truly surprised anyone can bear to watch them let alone actually pay for the experience. On top of that, you have to put up with a mind numbing summary of what you've just watched every 8 minutes or so as the original programming was made for the US market where attention span isn't what it used to be and channel surfing is a national institution.

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way...

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

150m away , and then after longer distance not possible says everything!

The lines are very old and bad, normaly ip tv should work in a range of 2 3 km!

Another question, when I want use a 3 bb modem on 2. Different adresses in Thailand with same login data does this work? 5 year ago in my home country was no problem then blocked by ISP

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

My experience is identical to UG. Everything skips so much that it is not possible to enjoy the program.

Like it is said so often here, it depends on your location. I live in a fairly remote corner (not for long, construction everywhere) of Sansai and have tried 3 different packages from 3BB and TOT, including the more expensive 3BB package on 2 week free trials. The connection was no different on any of the packages so I stuck with the cheapest 3BB plan. After 5 years I've only been able to use Skype in the last 9 months after they put all new cables everywhere in Sansai in about February of this year. I still can't get through a single youtube video without it stopping and endlessly buffering.

Hey guys were not talk about 3BB, TOT or any other ISP. We're talking about one IPTV and that's IpTV-Thailand based in Bangkok and their product. They sent me to China from the start were I got little or no service and at the end was completely ignored. When I complained to IpTV-Thailand at first they appeared helpfully but after a couple corrspondunces, they have completely ignored e-mails, phone calls,and skype's.

What I have is some channels will some times come in green tones only, no sound and/or video when receiving a sigal thru the modem and channels going back to the start page by themself and have to be reselected.

This is just a warning to be very careful of ads that look to be too good especially from Bangkok and the fore mentions place. Check to see if they have a address, check and see if soneone answers the phone and do some real back ground checks before you buy. I didn't so learn from my mistakes.

Hey guys were not talk about 3BB, TOT or any other ISP. We're talking about one IPTV and that's IpTV-Thailand based in Bangkok and their product. They sent me to China from the start were I got little or no service and at the end was completely ignored. When I complained to IpTV-Thailand at first they appeared helpfully but after a couple corrspondunces, they have completely ignored e-mails, phone calls,and skype's.

What I have is some channels will some times come in green tones only, no sound and/or video when receiving a sigal thru the modem and channels going back to the start page by themself and have to be reselected.

This is just a warning to be very careful of ads that look to be too good especially from Bangkok and the fore mentions place. Check to see if they have a address, check and see if soneone answers the phone and do some real back ground checks before you buy. I didn't so learn from my mistakes.

I have Thai IPTV and it works very well.

Hundreds of movies on demand too.

Weird that mine works and your doesn't.

Hi,

I couldnet not sai better than that, Bob said everything ....!!!! No after service,remove control write in chinese,i ask for iptv wi- fi the send me 1 you have to be connected to the router,(not the maximum if you have 1 big condo) the vision image is not the best,for changing channel you need time ,some time ip adresse is not there,(NO TV) and one time it was really incredible...like hallucination!!! I was looking a movie when suddenly the image blocks, so I had to go back to the menu and back to the movie again, and guess what?? the movie restart like 1 min before the moment he stops, and then again it blocks at the same point then before...and so on for at list one hour ...it was like having a videotape , but it was Fox movie channel and for very long time(at list 2 hours) the movie stays always at the same point!!! Unbeliveble!!!

tommo physicist you have iptv thai, we have it in english maby this mack the difference,and NO Hundreds of movies on demand. wai2.gif

For all of you who have the Chinese remote, to get to the start pages 2 and 3. You need to push the button below the little black square after you get the start page 1. The four buttons below the dark charcoal circle are the start manu contols....Bob

I was under the impression all the servers for Thai and English were in BK.

My feeds of HBO HD and Fox Premiere HD are the same as True ...... English language with burnt in Thai subs.

If your feeds have burnt in Thai subs then they are surely coming from BK.

WiFi dongles are sold separately by local shops and plug in to one of the USB ports.

Not entirely sure what type you would need, suspect the same type as the 'Smart Tvs' use.

Edited by TommoPhysicist