Myanmar Tourist Visa Form - Download For Bangkok Embassy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Apologies if it is just me being silly.....but I don't seem to be able to download the visa form.

When I download and save the whole TV page is saved. When I delete the pages I doin't want it still opens all of the TV page...ads and all.

I also tried to cut and paste but l this leaves the bottom section short.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

My solution was to go to the embassy site and copy and paste the form onto two word documents, which I saved.

Then I printed the first page...reset the printed page into the printer and then printed the second page on the reverse so the application is on one page.

It seems to have saved in My Documents.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heading to Myanmar in October. Is the Myanmar Visa Form still valid? Also, has anyone heard about the opening of an online visa process beginning in September?

Finally, is it possible to get a visa on arrival at the airport?

Any support is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

Heading to Myanmar in October. Is the Myanmar Visa Form still valid? Also, has anyone heard about the opening of an online visa process beginning in September?

Finally, is it possible to get a visa on arrival at the airport?

Any support is greatly appreciated

Hello Jimbone,

The visa form here is still valid, make sure you print it out an both sides of a single sheet of paper.

Good news though, the online visa service is now active. Officially it debuts on the 1st September, but the site is now live and in beta testing mode.

See this thread here for details

So you can go ahead and apply online - although it is limited to particular country passports at this stage.

Let us know if you have any more queries, or feel free to post a new topic in this forum.

• 2 months later...

Used the above form for travel to Myanmar January 2014 with Thai girlfriend.Got to the Embassy with completed forms,photo etc.about 7-30am-about a dozen people in front of us.Got very busy just before 9am with 2 queues forming.One queue with disciplined westerners,the second 'queue' was mainly Thais pushing in from various directions-stand your ground!Handed forms in within 15 minutes and collected the new visa the next afternoon without problems.

Going to Myanmar again this January but have just received 1 month tourist visa back from Myanmar Embassy in London.Cost £14 for postal order plus Special Delivery either way came to about £30.Passport with new visa returned within 7 days.Unfortunately,I will be accompanying my girlfriend back to the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok early January as she applies for her visa!

• Like 1

<snip> One queue with disciplined westerners,the second 'queue' was mainly Thais pushing in from various directions-stand your ground!Handed forms in within 15 minutes and collected the new visa the next afternoon without problems.

Don't worry too much about the second 'queue' - these are local Thai agents handling bulk applications, and when the doors open they are handled differently to the foreigners queuing up. It looks like a free-for-all, but the system works even on the busiest days.

Thanks for posting your experience! All information is helpful here...

Enjoy your trip. :)

• Like 1

Used the above form for travel to Myanmar January 2014 with Thai girlfriend.Got to the Embassy with completed forms,photo etc.about 7-30am-about a dozen people in front of us.Got very busy just before 9am with 2 queues forming.One queue with disciplined westerners,the second 'queue' was mainly Thais pushing in from various directions-stand your ground!Handed forms in within 15 minutes and collected the new visa the next afternoon without problems.

Going to Myanmar again this January but have just received 1 month tourist visa back from Myanmar Embassy in London.Cost £14 for postal order plus Special Delivery either way came to about £30.Passport with new visa returned within 7 days.Unfortunately,I will be accompanying my girlfriend back to the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok early January as she applies for her visa!

if ur flying into Yangoon do it all online for her, ( $50) no reason now to go to the embassy unless ur entering elsewhere

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

Thai's dont need a visa for 14 days

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2013/10/thais-to-enjoy-visa-free-travel-to-myanmar/

• Like 1

That article was about a plan that was supposed to happen, but it was postponed many times.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/06/visa-free-travel-on-back-burner/

and

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/09/myanmar-in-a-mood-to-ease-travel/ (see 2nd last paragraph)

I'd check again before relying on that information. I have not seen this agreement ratified yet. AFAIK Thai nationals still must apply for a visa for Myanmar.

That article was about a plan that was supposed to happen, but it was postponed many times.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/06/visa-free-travel-on-back-burner/

and

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/09/myanmar-in-a-mood-to-ease-travel/ (see 2nd last paragraph)

I'd check again before relying on that information. I have not seen this agreement ratified yet. AFAIK Thai nationals still must apply for a visa for Myanmar.

Another point worth noting is that Vietnamese, Laotians and others that currently get 14-day visa free access to Myanmar can only travel by AIR; maybe they can leave by land but not sure. Land entry from Thailand requires a visa from everyone, even if the visit is for a couple of days. The only exceptions are at those 3 border crossings still permitting day passes or limited travel within the border area but definitely no for travel to say Yangon (Kawthoung and Tachilek allow 14 days for payment of US$10 I think), however, Myawady only allows 1 day for the same fee and as we all know, travel restrictions apply without a visa. The 4th border crossing at Htee Khee no longer allows non-Thais access without a visa, not even for a day or a visa run.

For Thais, the proposed new visa free entry would also only allow travel by AIR and NOT land based entry. So unless the rules change (and there is a proposal for e-visas to be accepted at land borders too), everyone must have a visa to travel to Myanmar overland, except for border runs or limited trips from the border as just mentioned.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

u can fly into Mandalay and get a visa on arrival as well

and of course u can go to the embassy in Bangkok

visa-on-arrival if a person flies in to Mandalay? is that for farang, or just for Thais and other SE Asian?

p.s. I just looked at the M's gov't evisa site. It looks rather painless. I reside near Tachilek, and would like to enter there, and then go further inward, maybe to Mandalay where I've been once before. On the website, they only gave 3 ports of entry, and Tachilek wasn't included. So I wrote them a note, asking whether they might include Tachilek. Am waiting response.

The times I've visited Burma in the past: it seems like every day is a new adventure. You can pick any town or city, and just take off in a direction, and it seems there's always something intriguing to discover. I heard Bagan now has an entry fee. Bah. When I was there over a decade ago, no stupid entry fee. Just get on a bicycle and space out. I also did a day-long hike eastward from Bagan, and found some petrified wood and a few other interesting things. Magical place.

Edited by boomerangutang

• 1 month later...

Applied for Myanmar e-visa last night (Sunday). Received the approval letter by email today (Monday) at 5.00pm.

BTW Thai passport holders cannot travel to Myanmar visa-free yet but can apply for the e-visa the same as farangs. Only Cambodians, Vietnamese Laotians and Bruneians have visa-free travel so far. Thailand is holding out on the bilateral agreement because the Burmese want it to apply to all crossing points but Thailand only agreed to air travellers coming to Thailand visa-free. So no deal.

• Like 1