Anyone Heard This Rumour?

Has anyone heard that Thai Passports (renewals) and Thai ID cards (renewals) will be available to Thais in the UK from the end of the year by Post from the Thai Consulate,Queensgate,Kensington London.Instead of having to appear in person?

At the moment I am treating this as a rumour,and I would appreciate to hear from anyone who knows if this is true or not?

Apologies if this is in the wrong Topic section.

Look at the embassy webiste.

I know it will be possible strating the end of next year to renew/apply for a Thai ID-card at Thai embassies and General Consulates. But unsure which consulate will follow when.

If you can do it by mail I don't know.

Look at the embassy webiste.

I know it will be possible strating the end of next year to renew/apply for a Thai ID-card at Thai embassies and General Consulates. But unsure which consulate will follow when.

If you can do it by mail I don't know.

It is possible to renew a Thai Passport now,at the Thai Consulate in Kensington London (and many others)but that involves a personal appearance. Which for Thais living in the South of England involves a two hundred mile trip,each way. Hence renewing by post would be of great benefit.

Renewing Thai ID cards at Embassies or Consulates,from the end of next year would be a step in the right direction. Thanks Mario!

Edited by MAJIC

When you people say "renew" and "renewal", are you referring to

1. getting a new passport or ID card, or
  2. extending the validity of the existing passport (I don't think the validity of an ID card can be extended)

• Like 1

When you people say "renew" and "renewal", are you referring to

1. getting a new passport or ID card, or
  2. extending the validity of the existing passport (I don't think the validity of an ID card can be extended)

I would say it means to get a new Passport,which has expired,for lack of unused blank pages,although that could be open to interpretation. Sigh....The complexities of the English language.

To the OP

Not from the UK but USA

While there we did note that once a year usually at the start, in January

Some staff from the LA Thai Consulate would visit our State for the purpose you described.

They would have you fill out the return post envelope with your information

hand over your Thai Passport & Thai ID & pay a fee.

In a few weeks my wife got her new Thai passport & ID back by registered mail.

So it could be something similar there?