Thai/malaysian Border Opening Times

rinteln

Hi,

I am on way down to the Malaysian border tomorrow and I wondered if anyone knows when the borders close down there ?

I have been to 2 different checkpoints at Sadao before but never late at night. I wonder if anyone knows the opening times for each of these ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Edited by rinteln

Blimey, what a sad sight for sore eyes. 2 days after my post and no one in Southern Thailand has an idea about when the borders close in Sadao.

One positive I suppose is that after just coming back this means my info should be helpful.

Went to the Pedang Besar border....opening times - 05.00 to 21.00

Edited by rinteln

Blimey, what a sad sight for sore eyes. 2 days after my post and no one in Southern Thailand has an idea about when the borders close in Sadao.

One positive I suppose is that after just coming back this means my info should be helpful.

Went to the Pedang Besar border....opening times - 05.00 to 21.00

Good you solved and answered your own question....!!!

I would have guessed a major crossing like that would be open 24 / 7 with the amount of Truck Traffic alone that goes through there. wink.pngwhistling.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The southern borders aren't 24hr crossing.

I usually use the Sadao/Bukit Kayu Hitam border crossing and that is open from 5am until 11pm Thai time, or 6am to 12 midnight Malaysian time.

As for responses within the Southern Thailand forum, there aren't many of us down here, and most of us have real lives outside of forums!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The southern borders aren't 24hr crossing.

I usually use the Sadao/Bukit Kayu Hitam border crossing and that is open from 5am until 11pm Thai time, or 6am to 12 midnight Malaysian time.

As for responses within the Southern Thailand forum, there aren't many of us down here, and most of us have real lives outside of forums!

This border crossing definately has the longest (and latest) opening hours of any border crossing between Thailand and any neighboring country. The second longest are between Thailand and the three currently operating Thai-Lao friendship bridges which open between 6am and 10pm.