Xmas In Ubon

althemighty

So I have my big village wedding on the 24th of december and the day after I will be in ubon with my wife and mother (Australian). Is there anything special to do for christmas in ubon. I'm not christian, but My family has traditionally celibrated with a traditional Australian seafood dinner in the past. Anyone to the question. Does anyone know any place in ubon that holds chrismas dinners or does any form of christmas celibration?

Congrats! Why don't you take them to Spago, a fantastic Italian restaurant with the right ambient. Very delicious food, Pasta, Pizza and more.

If you want that Santa Claus comes, please page me.---laugh.png .

Will Santa arrive on a flying motorbike ? laugh.png

Congrats! Why don't you take them to Spago, a fantastic Italian restaurant with the right ambient. Very delicious food, Pasta, Pizza and more.

w00t.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

w00t.gif

Stuntman's too busy. Santa will fly in on a Kubota this year....coffee1.gif

I have been to Thailand many times. My mother will be staying at ubon fro a few days at the suni grand. I will be spending chrismas with her and doing new years with my thai family in loas at 4000 islands. Trying to find a chrismas style dinner in ubon without much travel.

How many real Christians actually live in Ubon? Beside the Mormons, 7th day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses and other useful BS.

Did you know that Jesus was a Native American?

Just go to the Italian restaurant Spago, pay him some money and he'll wear a Santa Claus uniform for you and your mom.

Santa Claus will come to our school on the 25th,please page me if you'd like to meet him. ( Around 8.30 am, at the flag ceremony, also called national Anthem....)

McDonald's will open on the 3rd of December, you could also go there and talk to Ronald. coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

I have no idea why people are excited about Mcdonalds. I would rather have thai food for chrismas than Italian or American. My family tradition is to have seafood for christmas. Mcdonalds fish burger is not going to help us create the feeling of christmas. Is there seafood join in ubon that preferably is doing somethign special for Xmas?

Karon Steve - no it isn't. Peppers, Wrong Way, TC Kitchen, Njoy, Risotto + a few more.

allthemighty - You will not find anywhere in Ubon getting into the Christmas spirit that also serves seafood. Plenty of Thai run seafood joints but not Christmas celebrating ones.

sirchai - There quite a lot of Christians living in Ubon and surrounds. When I ran Peppers I could to know quite a lot of them and most of them are still there.

On second thoughts, you might just get lucky at the Sunee Grand Hotel restaurant. They seem to get into Christmas a fair bit with decorations and music etc. They are not a seafood restaurant but do have a few fish/prawn/squid dishes or you could try Fuji right next door. All Japanese so a lot of sea inspired food.

Here is a pic of my girls two years ago next to the massive tree they had set up outside.

christmas-at-sunee.jpg

• Like 1

Hhmm; are you loading the fridge and fan into the back of a pick-up and heading down this way young Steve???

Possibly as I cannot find much to do up here.

Give me a call or PM if you're doing a recce down here over the next three weeks before I go back to work Steve; love to catch up.

Bog-Door

Your'e joking surely, With all the good eateries in ubon, why anyone would venture into Mcd especially on xmas day needs deporting A S A P, surely the big hotels will have xmas lunch or the expat bars, lance @ T C's kitchen ?wrong way?do some ground work.

regards songhklasidlaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Check out Miyom Seafood located at the end of Phichitrangsan Road. They transport their own seafood up to Ubon twice a week, so it's very fresh (you can pick out the fish/prawns from the tank).

Nit the owner is very friendly (although she doesn't speak any English). Oh', and try the crab curry - it's delicious.