Simple Recipe's ...

FlyingDutchman

About cooking ...  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Baked pork chops sounds very interesting. I don't like coke or pepsi, I wonder what I could use instead?

I would also chop up some hot chillies and add those!

You should still try it with the coke or pepsi, or another cola... you can't taste the flavor of cola, it's the sugars, caramel and acids in the cola that help with the taste. My Romanian wife hates cola, but she loves this dish, you'll be surprised... I have to make it for her everytime I return to the states to see my daughter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baked pork chops sounds very interesting. I don't like coke or pepsi, I wonder what I could use instead?

I would also chop up some hot chillies and add those!

You should still try it with the coke or pepsi, or another cola... you can't taste the flavor of cola, it's the sugars, caramel and acids in the cola that help with the taste. My Romanian wife hates cola, but she loves this dish, you'll be surprised... I have to make it for her everytime I return to the states to see my daughter.

A few years back I tried to find a restaurant in Thong Tha Phum, Kanchanaburi that boiled chicken in cocoa cola but I couldn't find it. I thought it was a unique method until a few other girls told me that a few places here and there do it.

I still haven't had the pleasure of sampling it.

netherlands7wj.gif

:D:D:D

FlyingDutchman

Catch this one.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

When the chicken's ass blows the oven door open :D and the chicken flies across the room, it's done. :o

And, you thought I Kan not cook. :D

japcheese1rd.gif

biggrin2de.gif

Fish In A Coat

... wait a minute ...

girlgsm2st.gif

Okay ...

Get some big prawns or medium fish with the skin and head ...

Heat an oven to 200c and pore lots of ROUGH/BIG grained sea salt on a B I G plate.

Get the inside out of the fish ... hihi0pv.gifÌF the fish are bigger then 'big sardines' or when custom.

Wash them.

Take the scales OFF the FISH !

... so you leave the scales òn the prawns ... Let them prawns be ...

NO NOT dry the fish/prawns with kitchenpaper or a towel.

Drop the fish in the salt and let it stick to it. Be carefully with that, so it'll stick well.

Put them in the oven. Let's say about 7 to 11 minutes. Depends ... biggrin8gx.gif

Serve with rice and my former mentionned salad. Be careful taking the fish out !

Make sure you do not crack the salt layer, so your guest can do that.

It's GREAT ... girlwaiing7vk.gif ... :DWho's she ?

haha8ws.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just had four portion's

Simple Chips

For the man ...

An electric frying pan - [with oil !] 170c.

One [big] potatoe

Some [sea] salt

[some dried/parmesan cheese]

A cheese plane wmf-profi-plus-cheese-plane.jpg

Heat the oil ...

Put the [frying] basket [hanging] above the oil

Peel slices off [pieces of] the potatoe [let the skin on] and let them drop into the frying basket

After you've sliced the potatoe, drop the basket into the hot oil

Now, don't let them stick to eachother ! Stir the oil with your cheese plane ... or something like that

Stir well ... put them upside down ... if you don't, they'll get brown [one side] too fast ...

It takes quite a while for these slices to get crisp; keep stirring, until they are quite brownish

(they need to be more brown then the chips you buy in the shop's; these are wider ...)

If they are brown [not black !], take them out and pore enough salt over them

I also put dried cheese over them [Parmesan] and I guess you can experiment with this one ...

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Pork Spaghetti

1 pork chop

Parsley 2tbsp

Garlic 2 Clove

1 large tomato

Rosemary (Expensive but indispensible!)

Spaghetti (enough for 2-3 people)

Canned Prego Spahetti Sauce

Parmesan Cheese

Slice the pork into thin 1 inch pieces. Dice tomeato and garlic and cilantro finely. Heat olive oil and small piece of butter. Place all in frying pan. Put as much rosemary as you can without going broke (is it as expensive back in the west? small little container is like B100!). Cook until pork is done, place aside.

Heat water with spaghetti. Place olive oil and large amount of butter into water along with a small handful of parsley and salt. Cook spaghetti until soft but dont overcook. Toss finished spaghetti with butter and parmesan. Place in bowls and add heated sauce and pork. Wala! Delicious!

Just came up with this one tonight, my best effort to date!

Awesome Pork Spaghetti

1 pork chop

Parsley 2tbsp

Garlic 2 Clove

1 large tomato

Rosemary (Expensive but indispensible!)

Spaghetti (enough for 2-3 people)

Canned Prego Spahetti Sauce

Parmesan Cheese

Slice the pork into thin 1 inch pieces. Dice tomeato and garlic and cilantro finely. Heat olive oil and small piece of butter. Place all in frying pan. Put as much rosemary as you can without going broke (is it as expensive back in the west? small little container is like B100!). Cook until pork is done, place aside.

Heat water with spaghetti. Place olive oil and large amount of butter into water along with a small handful of parsley and salt. Cook spaghetti until soft but dont overcook. Toss finished spaghetti with butter and parmesan. Place in bowls and add heated sauce and pork. Wala! Delicious!

Just came up with this one tonight, my best effort to date!

Well done. Keep experimenting, try different types of meat, use basil, oregano etc. Most important, have fun.

I have a similar beef version of the above which uses sun-dried tomato paste and basil - it's a taste sensation!

Edited by suegha

Thanks suegha. Ive also come up with a good salsa recipe, to keep my mexican cravings at bay.

4 tomatoes

1/2 large onion

3 red peppers (pretty spicy, put 1 or 2 if you like)

2 tbsp cilantro

juice of 3 limes

Boil/peel tomatoes and dice. dice onions and cilantro. squeeze limes on top of everything. put in blender ( or just mash it up if you dont have one) salt to taste and drain the excess water. Eat with Danitas brand tortilla chips found at most Tescos.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

This recipe I have published before, but after stumbling over it again and chuckling to myself, I thought I should reprint it.

Originally it was given to me by David Levine, an executive chef.

The principal ingredient is freely available in Thailand, and in fact, you would probably be in line for a City Administration grant if you took a couple from the streets any night.

The rabbits are harder to find, but I believe you can get them on special order at most supermarkets.

David did say that if you want to try this item, you must plan well in advance to allow for preparation and cooking. It is not a quick stir-fry in the wok. :D

Ingredients Serves 3,000

Elephant 1 large :D

Pepper 1/2 pail

Salt 2 pails

Onions 4 bushels

Water 93 gallons

Flour 6 pails

Rabbits (optional) 2 :D

Cooking Method :o

Cut elephant into bite sized pieces - preferably put aside around four months for this part.

Cook over a kerosene fire for three months, or until tender.

Now add onions, salt, pepper and flour and cook until done, generally around two days.

If more people arrive than expected then add the rabbits at this final stage (do this only if necessary as most people don’t like hare in their soup)

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win © :D

Enjoy Woking it Up :D:D