Murder Fugitive Aldhouse To Arrive In Phuket On Saturday

webfact

It's disheartening to see how many wish to use this tragedy as an opportunity to make vacuous comments, and "jokes".

A life has been lost forever, and another for the time being. I'm pleased that this guy is facing justice, but some of the comments here seem to be written by the kind of mob who used to turn up at public executions to jeer at the condemned. Tasteless.

Nowt so queer as folk

• Like 1

Welcome back Lee.

Hope you brought your soap-on-a-rope, not something you want to be dropping anymore. rolleyes.gif

So inappropriate.

It is not the right of anyone in gaol to mete out punishment. This is the right of the courts only. In any country. Gaol should simply be a deprivation of liberty. To allow systematic abuse simply lets loose a very damaged person onto the community at large once they are released.

Yes you are right - I guess. But the types of gaols you mention here will only be found in the perfect world or in paradise - unfortunately.

Anyway, I don't think that Lee Aldridge will be allowing any such behaviour to happen to him that Soupdragon is fantasizing about.

Any guy who attempts to commit acts of indecency upon him would have to be one hell of a crazy person. I don't think aldridge will be getting messed with too much.

Edited by HappyWanderer

Welcome back Lee.

Hope you brought your soap-on-a-rope, not something you want to be dropping anymore. rolleyes.gif

So inappropriate.

It is not the right of anyone in gaol to mete out punishment. This is the right of the courts only. In any country. Gaol should simply be a deprivation of liberty. To allow systematic abuse simply lets loose a very damaged person onto the community at large once they are released.

So you think this <deleted> with his past record and current situation is an un-damaged model citizen. You reap what you sow and he deserves everything he gets in prison plus anything else. The only thing this idiot, and others like him, understand is good beating until the message sinks in that unprovoked aggression and violence are a bad idea. Unfortunately kind word and niceties won't work with people like this. A simple prison term will not deter this individual of his ways. He should be held in prison until he is too frail to ever harm anyone again and if that day does not come then don't release him. Imagine if the guy he killed was your friend or family!

• Like 1

Scary. Your own country deports you to a third world country.

Finally, the international justice system working the way it should. This might, just might, make some of these rouge travelers think before they act whilst abroad.

I think, the 'system is working like it should', has, in this case, to do with the nationality of the victim. If the victim would have been a 'third world citizen', and not a war hero from the US, I think, the result wouldn't be the same.

Edited by noob7

If he didn't go to Thailand I believe the Yanks would have tried to extradite him to USA as he killed an American serviceman and they believe their laws touch every country.

This is what I read at the time, I really do not know the facts on this statement though. Feel free to correct me if you know better.

Edited by jcw

If he didn't go to Thailand I believe the Yanks would have tried to extradite him to USA as he killed an American serviceman and they believe their laws touch every country.

You obviously are free to believe whatever you like but in this instance it would appear to be based on nothing but your imagination. (Personally, I prefer to have some sort of factual basis for my beliefs -- and give credence to the beliefs of others only when they are similarly founded).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Welcome back Lee.

So inappropriate.

Yes you are right - I guess. But the types of gaols you mention here will only be found in the perfect world or in paradise - unfortunately.

Anyway, I don't think that Lee Aldridge will be allowing any such behaviour to happen to him that Soupdragon is fantasizing about.

Any guy who attempts to commit acts of indecency upon him would have to be one hell of a crazy person. I don't think aldridge will be getting messed with too much.

Who is Mr. Aldridge?

...Mr Aldhouse should he be found guilty will be warmly welcomed into Bang Kwang ye olde gaol, where I have no doubt that Karma will take care of him.

Wow, how come he cannot do the whole european human rights thing?

Given Thai jail sentences for Westerners who murder other Westerners here (3 years and under), he'll probably spend less time in prison this way.

You reckon? It isn't a chance I would want to take to be honest. Manslaughter in the UK, may get 7 and do 3.

This was premeditated murder according to the evidence not manslaughter, not even sure they do manslaughter here, anyway he will not be able to buy his way out of this one, not with HMG watching things so hopoe he gets a lengthy sentence.

Welcome back Lee.

So inappropriate.

Who is Mr. Aldridge?

...Mr Aldhouse should he be found guilty will be warmly welcomed into Bang Kwang ye olde gaol, where I have no doubt that Karma will take care of him.

Whatever .... I don't know him well enough to get his name right every time

Given Thai jail sentences for Westerners who murder other Westerners here (3 years and under), he'll probably spend less time in prison this way.

You reckon? It isn't a chance I would want to take to be honest. Manslaughter in the UK, may get 7 and do 3.

This was premeditated murder according to the evidence not manslaughter, not even sure they do manslaughter here, anyway he will not be able to buy his way out of this one, not with HMG watching things so hopoe he gets a lengthy sentence.

I think they do "do manslaughter" here. I asked some Thai friends this question recently regarding a different issue. Like in most countries there are different degrees of murder i believe. Whether this guy could reasonably claim to be "out of his mind" or whatever, is another matter. I imagine that if the trial had no publicity and the victim was not Western he might easily be able to claim manslaughter with a well paid lawyer. In this case i think he's going to get a stiff penalty.

Scary. Your own country deports you to a third world country.

Why is this scary? The British court clearly had no reasonable doubts that the evidence would not have been enough to charge him with murder in a British court, if the murder had taken place there. The OAG will definitely not request the death penalty which very rarely applied in Thailand these days anyway, because there is no advantage for him to do so and risk the dismissal any future capital offence extradition requests from the UK.

It is true that the Thai warders will use their billy clubs effectively to tame the "pit bull" to their particular standards, if he is not polite and deferential towards them but UK prisons are not paradise either. But he could have thought of all that before he decided to brutally kill another man and deprive his loved ones of his life, purely for his own pleasure and ego stoking. In the fullness of time the extradition treaty will allow the "pit bull" to sample the hospitality of the UK prison system while serving the balance of a lengthy sentence there. The thought that he is unlikely to be relaunched onto society again until he is well into middle age and that he will be banned from Thailand for life after finishing his sentence is certainly welcome.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

Good on Thailand for pursuing it

My guess is that if he had killed a non US citizen he would still have been in the UK.

Why do you think that? In this case I would trust the British courts to base their judgement on the evidence not the nationality of the victim. I fully believe that with the same evidence, which seems overwhelming, and a Thai victim the result would have been the same.

The people who run and control prisons have an almighty job and responsibility to deal with. All those men trapped and cofined together 24 hours a day for years.

There will be so much testosterone and anger and fear and many more emotions to deal with.

They walk a thin line and must keep control.

Sure they have guns and discipline but they cant go shooting all the inmates who break the rules.... Can they? Of course they cant because the world wouldnt stand for it.

So they will need to ensure the prison runs smoothly by other means including giving a "Feel good factor" to the inmates. They dont want a war or a rebellion or an uprising. They must avoid this.

So they use rewards and recreational activities and so on to keep the inmates focused on a positive direction.

I dont know but I am sure there will be Muay Thai competitions for the inmates to focus on and use up anger aggression and energy. A man needs a focus and a release. All forms of life need this.

So I imagine this Aldhouse guy will become quite popular if hes good at it ... and if he tries to do in there what he has done in Phuket he will be erradicated and put down.

My feeling is that once he is over the initial shock of being sent to Thai prison and he begins to settle into the pecking order he will become involved with their system and fit in pretty well with the flow of things.

Edited by HappyWanderer

The people who run and control prisons have an almighty job and responsibility to deal with. All those men trapped and cofined together 24 hours a day for years.

There will be so much testosterone and anger and fear and many more emotions to deal with.

Sure they have guns and discipline but they cant go shooting all the inmates who break the rules.... Can they? Of course they cant because the world wouldnt stand for it.

So they will need to ensure the prison runs smoothly by other means including giving a "Feel good factor" to the inmates. They dont want a war or a rebellion or an uprising. They must avoid this.

So they use rewards and recreational activities and so on to keep the inmates focused on a positive direction.

I dont know but I am sure there will be Muay Thai competitions for the inmates to focus on and use up anger aggression and energy. A man needs a focus and a release. All forms of life need this.

So I imagine this Aldhouse guy will become quite popular if hes good at it ... and if he tries to do in there what he has done in Phuket he will be erradicated and put down.

My feeling is that once he is over the initial shock of being sent to Thai prison and he begins to settle into the pecking order he will become involved with their system and fit in pretty well with the flow of things.

You are clearly fairly new to the idea of Thai prisons I think.

Visit Youtube or pick up one of the many accounts of life inside Bang Kwang (Big Tiger) and then you may understand the reality of the Thai prison system.

• Like 1

You are clearly fairly new to the idea of Thai prisons I think.

Visit Youtube or pick up one of the many accounts of life inside Bang Kwang (Big Tiger) and then you may understand the reality of the Thai prison system.

Ok I will. Always did enjoy the "Locked up abroad" episodes.

Yes I am new to the Thai prison system (phew!) but I will educate myself at some point .... but right now it is pissing down with rain here where I am so I am off to hang out in a beer bar with the young ladies and tourists rather than rot in hell lol ...... Cheers.

Good luck Aldhouse old boy rofl. I mean we all have times when you feel like killing a man but YOU DONT ACTUALLY DO IT!! duh

• Like 2

Welcome back Lee.

So inappropriate.

Get real !

• Like 1

Not before time. Welcome back.

Whatever sentence he gets, isn't it so that he will do 4 years here and the rest of his time in UK ?

Thats if he lasts 4 years !

Given that the vast majority of inmates do (and many far longer), not sure why he wouldn't.

Edited by SteeleJoe

It's disheartening to see how many wish to use this tragedy as an opportunity to make vacuous comments, and "jokes".

A life has been lost forever, and another for the time being. I'm pleased that this guy is facing justice, but some of the comments here seem to be written by the kind of mob who used to turn up at public executions to jeer at the condemned. Tasteless.

Now just "hang on a minute" Are'nt individuals entitled to an opinion without being accused of belonging to a mob ! That attitude belongs within a dictatorship.

• Like 1

Now just "hang on a minute" Are'nt individuals entitled to an opinion without being accused of belonging to a mob ! That attitude belongs within a dictatorship.

1) No one was really accused of belonging to a mob. Read again.

2) The comparison made was no worse than yours to a dictatorship.

3) The attitude you speak was one of concern for civil rights and due process -- precisely what is NOT typical in a dictatorship.

1) No one was really accused of belonging to a mob. Read again.

2) The comparison made was no worse than yours to a dictatorship.

3) The attitude you speak was one of concern for civil rights and due process -- precisely what is NOT typical in a dictatorship.

1) I disagree - There is a clear accusation of mob mentality

2) Simply reacting to an unfavourable suggestion

3) What about the dead guy and his family?

Not Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

And on Fridays they all get fairy cakes.

I agree people are entitled to opinions, but it's the tone of some of them here (and some have now been deleted by the mods) that count.

You have to ask yourself whether such a tragic story entitles people to start sharing their homoerotic jailhouse fantasies with the rest of us?

I stand by my original comment. If you don't like my use of the word "mob", how about tasteless rifraff?

• Like 1