Phuket Girl, 12, Feared Dead In Tour Van Crash

webfact

RIP to the young girl...i came upon this accident just moments after it happened; i was on the way to work. it was freaking terrible...i hope accidents like this aren't going to be the trend for this upcoming high season.

"...i hope accidents like this aren't going to be the trend for this upcoming high season." - ahhhh, maybe you missed the low season. Pretty close to a fatal road accident on a daily basis this year. Probably going to be worse in high season.

No change for the better in sight.

Edited by NamKangMan

There have been many occasions when A Pegas van has flown past me at break-neck speed, often in the motorbike lane, often just missing clipping other vehicles. Why on earth doesn't the company management do something about their insane drivers??? It's not just a matter of time... it's a matter of when is it going to happen again!

The management won't do anything about it, because they are the ones accepting the insane and clearly impossible timelines laid upon them by the tour agent.

Does it really matter at what part. or at what stage, of the tourism industry is to blame on this island????

The system is broken and needs to be fixed. So many lives are being lost on the roads on Phuket, none more innocent than a 12 year old girl.

Life is cheap here, while the baht keeps rolling in. Who will be the unfortunate one tomorrow? Someone from England, France, Italy, Australia, maybe a local.

Road accidents are inevitable, anywhere, but here, on Phuket, certain "influential people" have a big part to play in these deaths.

It's a disgrace.

Edited by NamKangMan

This Pegasus bus company has sprung up and grown enormously this last year. Seems to be catering for Russian tourists. See lots of mini buses and large coaches all over the island with the Pegasus company name splashed over the bus. something wrong here when Pegasus claims they don't own the buses or employ the drivers. Ok that might be true but still their brand name splashed on all these coaches.

The name is Pegas Touristik, not Pegasus. And it is a multinational Ukrainian owned company. Maybe you have some answers there. As foreigners are not allowed in the transportation business, you could ask how a Ukrainian owned company can work here.