Phuket Airport Bus Forced Off The Road By Repairs

webfact

Phuket Airport bus forced off the road by repairs

Phuket Gazette

bu1.jpeg

One of the two Airport Bus vehicles has been forced off the road for repairs. Photo: Steven Layne

bu2.jpeg

The cancellation of half of the Airport Bus services raised concerns that the company may be in distress. Photo: Pixx Supasoon

PHUKET: -- Concerns about whether or not the Airport Bus, which shuttles passengers to and from Phuket Town and Phuket International Airport, had shut down its services this week were answered today with the simplest of answers: one of the buses is off the road due to needing repairs.

“We normally have two buses serving the route between Phuket Airport and Phuket Town,” Airport Bus Wanthanee Khaosamuth told the Phuket Gazette this afternoon.

“One of the buses broke down on Sunday evening and can no longer be used. It needs to be fixed and it is undergoing repairs.

“That is why we have canceled some of our scheduled services since Monday,” Ms Wanthanee said.

Ms Wanthanee apologized for any inconvenience, adding that she had “no idea” when the second bus will be back on the road.

“Hopefully soon,” Ms Wanthanee said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19600.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-29

Terrific - start of the peak season. Good planning - no.

I'm asking myself, who are the owner of this bus service company. And how is the relationship to the Airport Minibus/Taxi mafia?

Edited by noob7
  • Like 2

Terrific - start of the peak season. Good planning - no.

I'm asking myself, who are the owner of this bus service company. And how is the relationship to the Airport Minibus/Taxi mafia?

It's listed as the Government Airport Bus - the website is a joke http://www.airportbusphuket.com/

Ok, so which 'compadre' of the mafias is in charge for the government?

Oh, I forgot, Phuket: Mafia is everywhere good connected.

Any bids, till now, for the 3 other Airport Bus routes to the west coast?

The money grab for the transport industry here just doesn't stop.

They want one tourist, in one "registered" taxi, or one tuk-tuk, everywhere, everytime. Of course, each of those taxis and tuk-tuks pay a "fee" to operate.

Looks like we just can't ever have any form of public transport here.

Edited by NamKangMan

Of course, it does happen!

But why can't people here (in TV?) simply accept, that if it would be a PEGAS (p.ex.) bus, it would be back on the road, in no time?

Overnight repair, interrupted for the money making day shift, with the next overnight repair following.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck why should I have to believe, it is a swan?

Who will have the advantage of this? The usual subjects, right?

Why can't people here simply accept that it does happen that mechanical things brake down, simply the nature of them.

Sure it does happen steven. Perhaps overnight scheduled maintenance when buses not used might help. Even having a spare bus or borrow a bus might be good. I'm surprised they only have 2 buses to cover that route and schedule. Plenty of buses sitting round the back of BigC every day.

• Like 2

Why can't people here simply accept that it does happen that mechanical things brake down, simply the nature of them.

Sure it does happen steven. Perhaps overnight scheduled maintenance when buses not used might help. Even having a spare bus or borrow a bus might be good. I'm surprised they only have 2 buses to cover that route and schedule. Plenty of buses sitting round the back of BigC every day.

But that are "Pink Buses", methinks.

But other way round, for 10 Baht, then whistling.gif

phuket-1-ZAQQLeZ.jpg

Edited by noob7