Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

Guys guys. This is a generic bike.

So you can order them from China and place your badge and brand on them!

We will see this bike with different brand names for sure. Same as mbike lifan shiranay <deleted> . They use same parts but different brands.

It looks good but paying 260k for a Chinese? I m sorry and thank you very much.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

By the way I not fool anyone!!!!

I posted source and article you have nothing better to do than insulting who what share ideas here??

To whom do you refer? Insulting people is not allow on here. As to the source and article you posted we can all use a keyboard and have the ability to read. Sounds like your ego is a bit fragile.

I don't know why they let him get away with it on here, his interest is blatantly financial.

Because no one else posted about the bike?

The bike has already been mentioned on this forum before our Chinese bike champion started this thread. Sumet Cycle do things the right way.

Refreshing? This is getting more like the "other" forum. Sorry I searched for Benilli but didn't find anything from Brian.

I don't know why they let him get away with it on here, his interest is blatantly financial.

The bike has already been mentioned on this forum before our Chinese bike champion started this thread. Sumet Cycle do things the right way.

Loserlazer posted about this bike with better pictures and true information.

Read Richards opening post not one mention of it being Chinese built with Chinese parts he actually says Italian firm,this is my problem constant false and misleading information he can post as much as he likes about any bikes but you need to be honest and correct with your info on here and not make the bikes out to be something they are not.

P.s he means Brian Sumer cycle pays to sponsor the forum and advertise where as Richard just spams the forum

Edited by taninthai

Anyway it's Aprilia frame with Yamaha engine !!

So nothing made in China in this bike !!!

Still Nippon- Italian product

Since yesterday the only 4line you can drive was 20 years old cb400

This Benelli have good quality/price ratio

And also I am Italian who live in Thailand so I match with Italian - Asian bike!!!! 555

If you are real italian then you have to buy a ducati man. I m sorry but only the badge is italian on benellin.

Guys whoever says what i dont trust something coming from china.I cannot imagine myself on a chinese bike while diving to twisties on 200 km per hour. I m sorry.Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

P.s he means Brian Sumer cycle pays to sponsor the forum and advertise where as Richard just spams the forum

OT Yes this forum is all way to commercial and maybe even cliquish in certain sub forums. I tried to sponsor once but was told in no uncertain terms that I could not, so apart from vehicle related sub-forums I usually post "elsewhere"

Edited by VocalNeal

Loserlazer posted about this bike with better pictures and true information.

Read Richards opening post not one mention of it being Chinese built with Chinese parts he actually says Italian firm,this is my problem constant false and misleading information he can post as much as he likes about any bikes but you need to be honest and correct with your info on here and not make the bikes out to be something they are not.

Benelli is an Italian firm, it's registered in Italy since 1911... Like Jaguar and Range Rover, Bentley and Mini Cooper are English firms, while owned by none English owners. Same did Ducati became a German firm / brand name after it was bought by Audi?

We can make a very very long list of firms which are owned by foreign owners, but that is not really related to this discussion.

Most people here have deep negative feelings toward Chinese companies, but the Chinese owners of Benelli injected a good amount of needed funding into Benelli and since long time Benelli is moving back to the front row... The factory in Italy is hiring workers again, what I only can see as a positive sign...

The question if the Benelli TNT 600 is a good product, we have to wait and see. Nobody have seen one on the road, nobody have sit on one of them and nobody has started one in public. For all we know the motorcycle is just a hoax...

Did anybody actual take the time to compare the Benelli TNT 600 engine with the engine of the Yamaha YZF-R6?

Edited by Richard-BKK

If they're owned by Chinese, and built in China then they're Chinese aren't they?

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near Chinese vehicles. All the ones I've seen have been dire, not to mention the lack of support and the resale value.

Wow, a new interesting chinese bike is entering the thai market and the same bullshit is starting again. Some time ago the same people here didn't believe that the chinese would be able to build "real" big bikes. Before talking about it as crap you should be fair to give it some time and let it be tested first.

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems :)

• Like 1

Some small correction for the information given by the Chinese haters, the Benelli TNT 600 will only be sold as Keeway in China as Keeway is better known and quicker accepted as introducing a Western brand name in the market.

does that make it a better bike in the rest of the world?

• Like 1

Wow, a new interesting chinese bike is entering the thai market and the same bullshit is starting again. Some time ago the same people here didn't believe that the chinese would be able to build "real" big bikes. Before talking about it as crap you should be fair to give it some time and let it be tested first.

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems :)

Some of what you say is correct. But there is still the problem of where the design of the engine/ frame came from eg: are they famous brands Yamaha etc built under license to the same standards.

There is also the manufacturing ability of the Chinese factory and back up via the Thai distribution channel of said factory to take into account.

Saying all that any new big bike is welcome. I hope they do well.

sent from my Q6

The marketing for Benelli is located in Italy, while the TNT600 is possibly made in China, the TNT899 is made in Italy and sold worldwide.

For the TNT600 engine it has a 65mm bore and 45.2mm stroke with a compression ratio of 11.5:1, the 2005 Yamaha has a 65.5 with a 44.5mm stroke and a compression of 12.1 ratio. The 1993 Suzuki GSX-R600 has a 65mm bore and a 45.2mm bore so maybe it's a Suzuki copy? Yes this numbers are similar, but than if you want to make a 600cc inline-four engine with a certain engine specifications you likely come up with similar engine specs.

If you go to the Motor Expo download or print a picture of a 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 engine and compare it to the Benelli engine...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Richard a Question. Where is the Benelli TNT 600 that is sold in Thailand manufactured??

sent from my Q6

In UK it is called a Benelli BN 600 not TNT. TNT is three cylinder. So what does it come here as?

Buying and owning a motorcycle is even more on an emotional experience than doing the same with a car. Many parts for motorcycles are made all over the world. Triumph makes parts for their "British" motorcycles in Thailand but are still classified a British. Ducati is supposedly opening a factory here and even though owned by a German company will still be considered Italian. Porsche builds or at least designed a Harley engine, but is probably considered American.

80-something HP 4-cylinder engine in an Italian inspired bike for the same price almost as a ER6. I am sure some local rev heads will buy them. If only to look cool, albiet when they are moving. As long as the fit and finish is OK.

What lets the Chinese down as a manufacturing nation is their apparent total lack of empathy towards they fellow humans (unless direct family), I guess that comes from living with1 billion others. Add this to a total fascination with making everything for the lowest possible price. If not controlled carefully this can lead to an indifference to detail on the production line and in the design office that may not be there in a European factory, where the tradesman/product manager has an empathy with the potential customer. In some cases it is almost as if there is no pride in the product, it is simply a means to an end.

You absolutely right the model is called the Benelli BN600

Edited by Richard-BKK

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems smile.png

In terms of motorbikes, the Chinese have a history of building cheap rubbish. Therefore it is reasonably safe to assume that this is cheap rubbish until proven otherwise. It's nothing to do with having fun in life, I have plenty of fun with well made, reliable, well designed bikes. Buying this type of rubbish does not represent fun to me, especially if something fails while I am riding it. First generation Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc. have issues, so what chance does this bike have of being trouble free. And how much will this company stand by you when the problems occur? That's not negative, it's not naive either.

Of course this 'might' be the one bike that breaks the mold. I'll let others do the testing and we can all find out, just as you found out about Tiger motorbikes before switching to a Honda smile.png .

If you are real italian then you have to buy a ducati man. I m sorry but only the badge is italian on benellin.

You wanna tell a Italian stallion, to get a bike from VW?

Ducati?

Owned by Lamborghini!

Lamborghini?

Owned by Audi!

Audi?

Owned by VW!

So what a bad luck, that Porsche couldn't swallow VW, but got eaten up, instead, themselves.

Edited by noob7

Funny thread

Makes me think back to as a kid growing up.

Anything that said "Made In Japan" was deemed cheap crap.

Of course that was during the heyday of the USA when companies like

Zenith,GE,RCA etc were kings of electronics.

Same with the cars but hey times change & the guys that are hungry & can assemble a product

for a better price eventually do well if they follow through with support etc.

Even as I raced Bicycles not long ago & did Triathlons we use to ride bikes that the frame alone

cost $3,000 a completed bike was not uncommon to cost more than $5,000 & sometimes close to 10k

But guess what? Those were carbon frames from places like France & Italy ( Look & Colnago )

But eventually companies in Taiwan that made carbon frames for others started punching out their own brands like

Giant, Cervelo etc.

So what I am saying is it is good to see competition trying. It is good for the consumer...Thats us wink.png

All this slamming about without even seeing a product or shooting a messenger because he may sell it.

Tell you the truth I don't care who reports it & just like reading about Bikes, their development, what is being done/offered etc.

On a bike forum usually love of bikes transcends brand loyalty.

It's all good IMHO wink.png

The Chinese will eventually get it right, in maybe 10 years or so. In the meantime their motorbikes are best avoided IMO. It's not like this bike is incredibly cheap either.

What lets the Chinese down as a manufacturing nation is their apparent total lack of empathy towards they fellow humans (unless direct family), I guess that comes from living with1 billion others. Add this to a total fascination with making everything for the lowest possible price. If not controlled carefully this can lead to an indifference to detail on the production line and in the design office that may not be there in a European factory, where the tradesman/product manager has an empathy with the potential customer. In some cases it is almost as if there is no pride in the product, it is simply a means to an end.

I don't think it has something to do with empathy to build good products nowadays. Its sad, but those time are gone. You just need a proper system of Quality Control and then everyone can build quality products, assuming they have the engineering knowledge. If the quality isn't good enough the product doesn't leave the factory and maybe some employee has to go.

EDIT:

Seems that the japanese brands have established a working QC in Thailand for their factories. If the chinese are able to do the same, then i have no doubt they build quality. Combining quality control with the discipline of workers in a communist country could become very powerful.

Edited by wantan

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems smile.png

In terms of motorbikes, the Chinese have a history of building cheap rubbish. Therefore it is reasonably safe to assume that this is cheap rubbish until proven otherwise. It's nothing to do with having fun in life, I have plenty of fun with well made, reliable, well designed bikes. Buying this type of rubbish does not represent fun to me, especially if something fails while I am riding it. First generation Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc. have issues, so what chance does this bike have of being trouble free. And how much will this company stand by you when the problems occur? That's not negative, it's not naive either.

Of course this 'might' be the one bike that breaks the mold. I'll let others do the testing and we can all find out, just as you found out about Tiger motorbikes before switching to a Honda smile.png .

The Japanese also not have a blank sheet if we talk about trouble with motorcycles in history. It's just how long are you willing to go back.