Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

Wow, a new interesting chinese bike is entering the thai market and the same bullshit is starting again. Some time ago the same people here didn't believe that the chinese would be able to build "real" big bikes. Before talking about it as crap you should be fair to give it some time and let it be tested first.

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems smile.png

In terms of motorbikes, the Chinese have a history of building cheap rubbish. Therefore it is reasonably safe to assume that this is cheap rubbish until proven otherwise. It's nothing to do with having fun in life, I have plenty of fun with well made, reliable, well designed bikes. Buying this type of rubbish does not represent fun to me, especially if something fails while I am riding it. First generation Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc. have issues, so what chance does this bike have of being trouble free. And how much will this company stand by you when the problems occur? That's not negative, it's not naive either.

Of course this 'might' be the one bike that breaks the mold. I'll let others do the testing and we can all find out, just as you found out about Tiger motorbikes before switching to a Honda smile.png .

The Japanese also not have a blank sheet if we talk about trouble with motorcycles in history. It's just how long are you willing to go back.

That's right, the Japanese also went through the learning process that the Chinese are currently going through. That's perfectly understandable but personally I won't buy any of their automotive products until they have completed that learning process which in my opinion will be around 10 years from now.

Actually I might still boycott them due to the oppressive nature of the regime over there but that's one for another thread somewhere...

I know one thing a 2005 r6 engine had considerably more output than 80 bhp so already they haven't done a good job of copying it

That's right, the Japanese also went through the learning process that the Chinese are currently going through. That's perfectly understandable but personally I won't buy any of their automotive products until they have completed that learning process which in my opinion will be around 10 years from now.

Actually I might still boycott them due to the oppressive nature of the regime over there but that's one for another thread somewhere...

Yeah, thats positive thinking at its best. A 650cc Kawa has a good power, but a 600cc Keeway with 80hp is lame. And of course the chinese regime... but living in Thailand...

I love you guys laugh.png

I know one thing a 2005 r6 engine had considerably more output than 80 bhp so already they haven't done a good job of copying it

Yeah, thats positive thinking at its best. A 650cc Kawa has a good power, but a 600cc Keeway with 80hp is lame. And of course the chinese regime... but living in Thailand...

Please, go right ahead with your positive attitude and buy it. Your Tiger thread was good but this would be even better laugh.png.

• Like 1

Wow, a new interesting chinese bike is entering the thai market and the same bullshit is starting again. Some time ago the same people here didn't believe that the chinese would be able to build "real" big bikes. Before talking about it as crap you should be fair to give it some time and let it be tested first.

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems :)

Wantan why dont you but one and have fun then man? :lol:

Talking is easy but do you really dare buying one? Speak honest.

It ll be good for us if you buy one so you can post your xp here.

This Benelli has serious power man. It can 'kill' not like a Lifan that you can try and break.

I do not see much fun on a machine i do not trust.

Or if a critical part break down you have fun at the hospital:D

I respect jonny f s words here: Maybe ten years later i can consider Chinese bikes once they learn how to make it with proper qc and system.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

The day a Chinese company comes out with great bikes that look good, and proudly stands behind their products, I'll take a look.

Until then - a sneaky rebadging that makes it sound like this Chinese beauty came from Italy doesn't do it for me.

I think Hyunday is a good example how this can work. They used to make crap cars, had a horrible reputation in the USA. Then they came back with good cars, for great prices, with awesome warranty, dealer networks, Italian designers (they are cheap, you know). Now they're kicking everyone's butt. That's what any new upstart Chinese bike manufacturer needs to do to convince me (and in the end to sell lots of bikes anywhere).

• Like 1

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems smile.png

Wantan why dont you but one and have fun then man? laugh.png

This Benelli has serious power man. It can 'kill' not like a Lifan that you can try and break.

I respect jonny f s words here: Maybe ten years later i can consider Chinese bikes once they learn how to make it with proper qc and system.

Honestly spoken, this bike has too much power for me. I don't know what to do with 80hp on thai streets. Too much fuel consumption, too expensive and i am still happy with my CBR150 i bought this summer biggrin.png

Yes speaking is easy. And insults and prejudice is easy too. This is a bike forum and i guess everyone knows he/she should be carefull with buying a chinese-made or thai-made bike. No need to repeat this endlessly. This is boring and negative and takes the fun out of such threads. It not even has a information that is transported. Its just negative bashing.

Yes i would buy a Keeway. I had a look at all available Keeway models this summer and decided to take the CBR150 instead of the RKV200, because the CBR is "faster". The RKV would be a bit too slow for touring (100kmh compared to 115kmh on the CBR). And i am happy with my Honda. But i always consider all options i have before making a decision. Some Keeway models i would not buy, because they look a bit "cheap made in some details".

But loserlazer, you are wrong. I say nothing positive about the Keeway 600 because i do not know it. But i do not like all this negative prejustice of chinese bikes and insults against members like Richard. Makes the whole thread useless. And making the thread useless is all some members want to achieve with their comments. They see a thread opened by Richard (= a thread about chinese bikes) and on it goes...

• Like 2

Yes wanton the kawa is only a twin though I take it you know the difference between an inline 4 and a twin

This thread is now on page 3 people have been waiting years for an inline 4 600cc bike to come to Thailand well it's here and at a cheap price yet no one has said yes great excellent I'm gonna buy it, what is that telling you.

I have had a Chinese bike and it lasted less than a day so yes I will put them down and continuously slag them off the same as I would if my crf was having problems but guess what 6 months of heavy off road abuse and no complaints

Edited by taninthai

Wantan why dont you but one and have fun then man? laugh.png

Honestly spoken, this bike has too much power for me. I don't know what to do with 80hp on thai streets. Too much fuel consumption, too expensive and i am still happy with my CBR150 i bought this summer biggrin.png

Yes speaking is easy. And insults and prejudice is easy too. This is a bike forum and i guess everyone knows he/she should be carefull with buying a chinese-made or thai-made bike. No need to repeat this endlessly. This is boring and negative and takes the fun out of such threads. It not even has a information that is transported. Its just negative bashing.

Yes i would buy a Keeway. I had a look at all available Keeway models this summer and decided to take the CBR150 instead of the RKV200, because the CBR is "faster". The RKV would be a bit too slow for touring (100kmh compared to 115kmh on the CBR). And i am happy with my Honda. But i always consider all options i have before making a decision. Some Keeway models i would not buy, because they look a bit "cheap made in some details".

But loserlazer, you are wrong. I say nothing positive about the Keeway 600 because i do not know it. But i do not like all this negative prejustice of chinese bikes and insults against members like Richard. Makes the whole thread useless. And making the thread useless is all some members want to achieve with their comments. They see a thread opened by Richard (= a thread about chinese bikes) and on it goes...

Wantan exactly, this a thread and we exchange our ideas. Nothing personal man. I respect everybody and opinions here.

And i never insult you or Richard. Besides not negative for any brand or nation. Please do not get offended.

It is good that he opened this thread so we discuss freely about this bike.

I do not trust chinese bikes. Call me paranoid or whatever but this is what i am.

I am sure chinese manufacturers already sell a lot of bikes, mostly in china itself. Thats one reason why many of these bikes look like sub-standard for us. But they are sold much cheaper in China than in other countries. Most chinese people do not have the money to buy japanese brands. And there are simply not enough used japanese bikes for all chinese people for prices they can afford :)

But these 600cc bike isn't made for poor people. I would be suprised if its completely substandard. We will have to wait and see. And i guess Keeway not only bought Benelli just because of the name. There is always a transfer of knowledge going on in such deals. Let it be engine know-how, QC know-how, or whatever...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/11/benelli-goes-chinese/

Very easy to get it professionally serviced.

Just take it to the same place you take Richard's Japanese made CBR500, and your CBR250 to get a new fuel map loaded for a few hundred baht.

I suspect the 600 number is to do with the amount times you'll be hitting it with a branch.

basil+fawlty.jpg

Nice looking bike, but are you really gonna buy a Chinese hunk of junk (with nowhere to properly fix it)?

I'm sure it will sell well enough in the semi-rich Thai poser market.

Edited by cbrer

Just take it to the same place you take Richard's Japanese made CBR500, and your CBR250 to get a new fuel map loaded for a few hundred baht.

I suspect the 600 number is to do with the amount times you'll be hitting it with a branch.

basil+fawlty.jpg

Nice looking bike, but are you really gonna buy a Chinese hunk of junk (with nowhere to properly fix it)?

The motor in your pic was NEVER a problem. coffee1.gif

Just look at the beginning of the "Honda CBR500 leaked" thread. Some people started talking about bad quality by just looking at a blurry phone picture. Its ridiculous. Some members here really have a negative thinking and not much fun in life it seems :)

Wantan why dont you but one and have fun then man? :lol:

It's a weak attempt at playing Devil's advocate. He rides a CBR150 and sensibly so. He won't part with his money on this crap any more than I will.

Seriously if they want to sell this junk they need to price it incredibly low. The same price as a Kawasaki er6n and 50k more than a cbr500 is a joke considering it's a brand new model with no support, from China. They'll be here one minute and gone the next, good luck getting spares, it's not like there is a second hand market,

I love 4 cylinders as much (probably more) as the next man. I put my money where my mouth was and bought a 5 year old gsxr (plated) knowing that I would have no dealer support and I'd have to import spare parts if it broke. 2 years and 17,000 kms later I've only paid for oil, filters and tyres. It cost me less to buy than this Keeway, and it's the Suzuki flagship model, made in Japan. I wonder who will buy this at the current price.

basil+fawlty.jpg

I'm sure it will sell well enough in the semi-rich Thai poser market.

Wow, another post loaded with too much usefull information. This bike is on the market such a short time and already has so many grudgers. Seems Keeway has done a good job clap2.gif

I have heard from owners of the Kawasaki 650 that some of them don't know what to do when it comes to adjust the valves. They do not trust their local service centers giggle.gif

Edited by wantan

The Moto Expo was on the news and they focused on this bike for some reason. :rolleyes:

Even had banners across the screen for it. There were at least 600 Italian flags in the presentation.

They even have one on the gas tank. :D

400px-Paris_-_Salon_de_la_moto_2011_-_Benelli_-_TNT_-_006.jpg

Odd that nothing about China was mentioned....whistling.gif

^

that's what he'll for leather review is saying they are blatantly trying to cover up the fact it comes from china

Wanton you have any thing to contribute. To the thread or are you just gonna keep popping in and moaning about what everyone else is saying and why do you keep trying to drag Kawasaki into a thread that is about a new bennelli.

The Moto Expo was on the news and they focused on this bike for some reason. rolleyes.gif

Even had banners across the screen for it. There were at least 600 Italian flags in the presentation.

They even have one on the gas tank. biggrin.png

Are you sure, the above picture shows the 600cc?

Maybe it was a 'real' TNT (Tornado Naked Tre)

How many of those promoting the idea of Chinese bikes ride one?

This is all just hot air. Talking things up, but never buying them, let alone ride them. In other words, just trolling. Put your money where your mouth is, buy yourself a cheap chinese knock-off bike of some other bike, then post pictures here. Then we can talk.

Why would you give any Chinese manufacturer the so-called "benefit of doubt"? Because of their history? If you take history into account you won't touch these bikes with a 10 foot pole. Japan and China are two completely different countries, cultures, histories, etc - why anyone would compare the two is beyond me; I'd think people living in Asia at least know better than that...

Trolling, imo the whole thread is fed up by trolls. This is ThaiVisa bike section in a chinese bike thread. Many people with too much time. Some grumpy, others in good temper. I prefer the latter tongue.png

How many members here owning a Keeway are unhappy with it? I don't know a single one whistling.gif

The Moto Expo was on the news and they focused on this bike for some reason. rolleyes.gif

They even have one on the gas tank. biggrin.png

Are you sure, the above picture shows the 600cc?

Maybe it was a 'real' TNT (Tornado Naked Tre)

Yep, looks like the TNT899. I guess the 600cc isn't called TNT at all? Maybe just a typo in the title of this thread?

TNT899_05.jpg

How many of those promoting the idea of Chinese bikes ride one?

This is all just hot air. Talking things up, but never buying them, let alone ride them. In other words, just trolling. Put your money where your mouth is, buy yourself a cheap chinese knock-off bike of some other bike, then post pictures here. Then we can talk.

Why would you give any Chinese manufacturer the so-called "benefit of doubt"? Because of their history? If you take history into account you won't touch these bikes with a 10 foot pole. Japan and China are two completely different countries, cultures, histories, etc - why anyone would compare the two is beyond me; I'd think people living in Asia at least know better than that...

Trolling, imo the whole thread is fed up by trolls. This is ThaiVisa bike section in a chinese bike thread. Many people with too much time. Some grumpy, others in good temper. I prefer the latter tongue.png

How many members here owning a Keeway are unhappy with it? I don't know a single one whistling.gif

You're going to have to accept that others have different opinions to yours :) . Just because people are underwhelmed by the bikes coming out of PRC it doesn't make them Chinese haters as stated by the OP. The thread was started by someone with a vested interest in promoting Chinese bikes (the OP has posted the same info on his own website) and using this forum for that purpose. He should do things the honourable way like our Farang friendly Honda dealer Sumet who pays for the privilege.