Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

BMW for years has been making bikes in China and selling them in America with no quality issues to speak of, so why can't anyone else ?

Because BMW care about their name. Long Lang long motors doesn't??????

But yes in theory there should be no reason why not. Chinese electronics are getting better by the year. Time will tell if the motor bikes will as well.

sent from my Q6

BMW for years has been making bikes in China and selling them in America with no quality issues to speak of, so why can't anyone else ?

look, rotax designed with outsourced parts and resembled in other countries is different from designed and manufactured by keeway in china, rebadged as benelli elsewhere, just not a comparison.

btw as far one dont really call bmw bikes as unreliable, no quality issues to speak of is an overstatement. maybe you should check out those fork failures in f650gs thread at advrider forum.

After reading so much air movements I wait only for one thing..... someone who buy the machine and post here real comments and not all the China bullshit. Fair test and statements with real data that is what is needed.

Regards wai2.gif from a happy Platinum 50K driver

After reading so much air movements I wait only for one thing..... someone who buy the machine and post here real comments and not all the China bullshit. Fair test and statements with real data that is what is needed.

Regards wai2.gif from a happy Platinum 50K driver

Yes man. This what we are looking for.

Someone to buy it. As it s hard to find someone with guts to buy it:D

You accuse us as being unfair but i wonder if you are so happy with your chinese platinum why dont you go buy one and enlighten us about it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Bikes? The 650cc engine only, for the G 650, it's what I know about.

Which Bike models to they fabricate in China, please?

Seems this bike is sporting 50mm forks some sites say Marzocchi & radial mount brakes.

Will be interesting to see what reviews say.

Just saw this & seems they are Marzocchi

http://www.cycleworl...alive-and-well/

Marzocchi upside-down forks and Brembo brakes rotors are only good if they're mounted on a Ducati. The critics here will probably try to convince people that Honda brakes and suspension are better...

Marzocchi upside-down forks and Brembo brakes rotors are only good if they're mounted on a Ducati. The critics here will probably try to convince people that Honda brakes and suspension are better...

:)

I will say I was surprised to see such components on a bike of this price.

These are not made by them so it shows they do have an eye to quality.

I am sure they could have easily made something themselves but chose to go with proven.

But If they see the advantage on these parts it may well extend onto other

sections of the bike as well. Whether sourced outside or built in house.

We will see when they have a few tests published.

I am interested to see how they turn out on the road.

I have said before competition is good for consumers ;)

I am sure they could have easily made something themselves but chose to go with proven.

But brembo also manufacture for example in india for duke 200 but it is a budget brembo. A super cheap one.

Like benelli, chinese might be producing them and re badging them as brembo?

Fussy styling that doesn't work perfectly can be considered a dogs breakfast by some including me. But if the thing goes, handles and stops better than anything else.....it maybe worth having despite the looks.

post-63954-0-05178400-1354468028_thumb.j

My gut feeling is the Chinese will cheap out on whatever they think they can get away with but still try to turn out a decent bike. They have more to gain than lose if they lift the quality. But then, it's pretty hard to lose much when your at the bottom anyway! biggrin.png

http://motocrossacti...IAN-Q-3021.aspx

"Hinting at what could be on the horizon for Benelli, Haimei Yan hinted at a possible 600cc in-line four supersport bike, with power tipping in at 130 hp at 15,500 rpm."

3 years later, only 60% of the hp left.

But it's more difficult, to build a 600cc engine with sound 130hp, then grab brake parts, that are in use for other models, too.

I think, you will find exactly the same BREMBO Caliper at the 899.

With other disc, or only different pads, it will work on the 600CC/80hp bike as good as on the 899. And more parts, less expensive!

Edited by noob7

No, its much worser. The double disc front brakes are completely fake. Only one side is working. The other side is plastic fake with Brembo logo printed on it! A new chinese trick to make the bike look expensive smile.png

That is not a good sign!

But brembo also manufacture for example in india for duke 200 but it is a budget brembo. A super cheap one.

You can put a Shimano gear and brake system on a Huffy, but it'll still be a Huffy.

• Like 1

You can put a Shimano gear and brake system on a Huffy, but it'll still be a Huffy.

What's a Huffy???

sent from my Q6

What's a Huffy???

sent from my Q6

A brand of Bicycle

Mark Allen use to ride a carbon Huffy that cost over 10k USD to win the Ironman Kona multiple times...

Decades ago (1990-1993 I believe ) so maybe not the best example to use in this situation of

inferring cheaply built?

Edited by mania

my 8000 bht mountain bike from tesco has shimano gears bike made by turbo ,not sure weather it's thai or Chinese made......lol

Tesco only sells overpriced crappy bicycles, Thai or chinese made doesn't matter. And the cheap shimano stuff is for sure not "quality". So Huffy AND Shimano are bad examples tongue.png

My MARIN mountainbike is "Made in China", but "Designed in California". And it has SRAM shifters and deraillers. I am happy with it. Would be more expensive if "Made in USA", but not better quality i guess.

^

You never have done any serious mountain biking with it, have you? whistling.gif

But it seems you agree that even (chinese or thai) "crap" can be used sometimes without problems. A bit like comparing a Lifan Cross and a Honda CRF thumbsup.gif

^

You never have done any serious mountain biking with it, have you? whistling.gif

But it seems you agree that even (chinese or thai) "crap" can be used sometimes without problems. A bit like comparing a Lifan Cross and a Honda CRF thumbsup.gif

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Serious mountain biking, the bike has never left our plot off land, i only bought it because i started getting fed walking round our the place,

post-105817-13546064000485_thumb.jpg

What's a Huffy???

sent from my Q6

A brand of Bicycle

Mark Allen use to ride a carbon Huffy that cost over 10k USD to win the Ironman Kona multiple times...

Decades ago (1990-1993 I believe ) so maybe not the best example to use in this situation of

inferring cheaply built?

I was thinking more the cheap Huffys I used to ride as a kid. Never knew they did high end bikes too.

Gotta love this thread there so little info or interest in the benneli we are know talking mountain bikes.

Well not strictly true,

If you read back you see we were discussing Benelli

parts it would sport etc.

But.......Mai Bpen rai