Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

I drive an Alfa Romeo which was built here in Thailand (they were CKD assembled in Rayong).

Sorry a bit off topic, but since I'm a big Alfa Romeo fan. I had to look up which model was made in Thailand,...... never knew that the 156 was produced in Thailand as well:-) (and I have many books about the brand and it's history) Any other models were made here?? How's availablity of parts / service for the 156 in Thailand?

Yep, the 156 is the one I have. The model built here was the selespeed, pre-facelift on the outside, 2.0 TS engine (thank god not the JTS..) and face-lifted interior. It's fantastic to drive, the sharp steering, the Momo leather interior, the engine sound... OK I better stop here lol I've had this car for over 3 years now and aside from normal wear and tear and scheduled maintenance I've not had any issues, never broke down on me, never been towed.

No other models built here unfortunately. Their cooperation with GM back then fell through and since then the brand is dying off here :-( There are a few GT's, a few 159, a few Brera and I mean a handful. You can still find some classic cars too if you're into it.

There are 4 garages here in Bangkok that I know of, including the original dealer (which sells mostly Fiat 500 now). My usual garage are real experts in this model, they only do Alfas and occasional Fiat / Abarth so technical know-how, diagnostics etc. is not a problem. They even have some projects like conversion to GTA using engines imported from Japan. Parts is a big issue though especially for large or unusual items, they carry the typical TRW parts, suspension, belt kits etc. but many people end up having to order less common items from eBay or re-use parts from totaled cars.

What did you own? There's a semi active club and we go for drives and track days sometimes. If you're a fan you're welcome to join (send me a pm) even if driving another car now, doesn't matter.

I attached some pics from trip, garage, track day.

post-43886-0-65763400-1413532604_thumb.j

post-43886-0-16459900-1413532672_thumb.j

post-43886-0-40221800-1413532723_thumb.j

post-43886-0-92028600-1413532858_thumb.j

• Like 2

rambling , good reports and some added bonus of Alfas with photos. I agree , Benelli is as good as many bikes available now but with added Italian style and excitement. Price of the 600,s seems a bit high though , as its apears its not the higher spec Euro model. I hope the dealers are all as good as the one you visited (and the one in Chiang Mai) and their stock of parts is decent as that could be a concern of some people , lets hear of peoples experiences before passing judgement - will make a change for some !.

• Like 2

I drive an Alfa Romeo which was built here in Thailand (they were CKD assembled in Rayong).

Sorry a bit off topic, but since I'm a big Alfa Romeo fan. I had to look up which model was made in Thailand,...... never knew that the 156 was produced in Thailand as well:-) (and I have many books about the brand and it's history) Any other models were made here?? How's availablity of parts / service for the 156 in Thailand?

Yep, the 156 is the one I have. The model built here was the selespeed, pre-facelift on the outside, 2.0 TS engine (thank god not the JTS..) and face-lifted interior. It's fantastic to drive, the sharp steering, the Momo leather interior, the engine sound... OK I better stop here lol I've had this car for over 3 years now and aside from normal wear and tear and scheduled maintenance I've not had any issues, never broke down on me, never been towed.

No other models built here unfortunately. Their cooperation with GM back then fell through and since then the brand is dying off here :-( There are a few GT's, a few 159, a few Brera and I mean a handful. You can still find some classic cars too if you're into it.

There are 4 garages here in Bangkok that I know of, including the original dealer (which sells mostly Fiat 500 now). My usual garage are real experts in this model, they only do Alfas and occasional Fiat / Abarth so technical know-how, diagnostics etc. is not a problem. They even have some projects like conversion to GTA using engines imported from Japan. Parts is a big issue though especially for large or unusual items, they carry the typical TRW parts, suspension, belt kits etc. but many people end up having to order less common items from eBay or re-use parts from totaled cars.

What did you own? There's a semi active club and we go for drives and track days sometimes. If you're a fan you're welcome to join (send me a pm) even if driving another car now, doesn't matter.

I attached some pics from trip, garage, track day.

Never thought I'd met a fellow Alfisti here in Thailand :-) Thanks for the Thailand Alfa 156 info

I still own a GTV ( 916) 2.0 V6 TB but sadly 10.000 km's away in storage, back in Holland :-(

Have a long History with Alfa's and also owned a 156 ( A 156 sportwagon selespeed)

I can't resist to every now and then check sites like one2car to see what's out there, apart from the 156's very little indeed, and some are asking crazy money ( 777K for '98 GTV TS!!)

You showed me yours here's mine :-)

post-143096-0-07440300-1413559501_thumb.post-143096-0-28197600-1413559473_thumb.post-143096-0-22283000-1413559537_thumb.post-143096-0-58474300-1413559436_thumb.post-143096-0-37050200-1413559440_thumb.post-143096-0-63646300-1413559442_thumb.

Sorry people back to the Benelli.

• Like 2

Gorgeous car Dutchbike, and a V6! I hope you get some opportunities to drive it when you visit Holland.

OK back to Benelli folks.

So I showed the missus some pics I took yesterday at the dealer and surprisingly she did not like the look of the BN600.. So there you go, eye of the beholder and all that.. incidentally, she didn't like the looks of the CB500F either, but that is far more understandable lol

Edited by rambling
  • Like 2

So I showed the missus some pics I took yesterday at the dealer and surprisingly she did not like the look of the BN600.. So there you go, eye of the beholder and all that.. incidentally, she didn't like the looks of the CB500F either, but that is far more understandable lol

laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth. Benelli was on show in Paragon next to MV Agusta and Ducati. Saw the Trek or so....at 700k plus. Honestly there is no way someone would seriously consider that machine at that price over a Multistrada at 799k. Even the sales manager looked frustrated coz nobody seemed to look at his bike (he being around 55 years compared to a 30 year something knowledgeable Ducati sales staff might have something to do with it too). Fit and finish was surely not on top level just by a quick look...

• 2 weeks later...

Benelli will be updating several of its bikes next year according to news coming out from the EICMA. The BN600R (European version not sold in Thailand) will be getting a refresh, from what I can read mainly swing arm, radial calipers and a few other bits and pieces. Engine remains the same. Maybe the local BN600i will follow suit at some point, but I'm not hopeful.

Price in Europe remains pretty attractive, just under 7K Euro, approx 286,000 Baht for the European spec.

http://www.motoblog.it/post/351706/benelli-bn600r-my-2015

For some reason I'm quite attracted to this bike, but when I had the image open on my PC yesterday evening reading the news and my wife passed by she immediately commented, "oh that bike, nakliad (ugly).." haha

benelli-bn600r-2015-2.jpg

Edited by rambling
  • Like 2