Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

At the 269,000 Price point can one really worry that much ?

I would like announce you as the bravest millionaire biker if you really got one.

If throwing 269 k does not bother you as a millionaire, just go get a ducati streetfighter. Why bother with a chinese benelli?

maybe because it has more power than the kwakers 650 , looks better and is more exclusive.My guess is it should handle pretty good as well.

Most people buy big motorbikes with their hearts, and not everyone wants a run of the mill bike. 269k baht is not too much for such a bike and even if one would sell it after 1 year the resale value would still be around 200k or more. So that is not too bad. but then again, if one is shopping on a budget just buy a cbr250 /500 and sleep well every night knowing you made the most sensible choice. Those are excellent bikes but character is lacking.

Edited by pokerkid

Comparison of engine specs and weight.

Benelli BN600: 82hp@11500rpm. Torque 38lbs@10500rpm. Weight 485lbs.

Kawasaki ER6: 71hp@8500rpm. Torque 47.2lbs@ 7000rpm. Weight 450lbs.

Does anyone know if the distributor is Keeway and Sym importer Mbike? If they are there should be a reasonable dealer network as they have quite a few agents around the country.

Does anyone know if the distributor is Keeway and Sym importer Mbike? If they are there should be a reasonable dealer network as they have quite a few agents around the country.

how can it be an exact licenced replica of the yamaha r6 engine and only have 82 hp ?

any figures i have seen for the real r6 are at least 115HP and from about 2008 onwards its around 127HP

if the engine is under equipped ,what else have they saved money on ?

how can it be an exact licenced replica of the yamaha r6 engine and only have 82 hp ?

any figures i have seen for the real r6 are at least 115HP and from about 2008 onwards its around 127HP

Easy enough. It's not an exact replica. It's just based on it....maybe.

Maybe the bike isn't build, to have 100+ hp?

someone said yesterday its a "licenced copy " of the 2005 r6 engine ,whatever that means

Actually everything I have read on it up till now

has not said anything about any licensed copy of any parts frame or engine

Instead they have always said based loosely on a pre-2005 R6 engine &

frame style derived from a Aprilia Shiver

When you put a pic side by side of the Shiver & the Benelli it does show

Edited by mania

Instead they have always said based loosely on a pre-2005 R6 engine...

FZR 600 engine makes about 82 hp and is a "pre-2005 R6 engine"...whistling.gif

Beat me too it!

The Japs are not going to license their latest technology to the Chinese.

since when have the chinese ever needed a licence to copy someones design or technology ? :)

• Like 1

Instead they have always said based loosely on a pre-2005 R6 engine...

FZR 600 engine makes about 82 hp and is a "pre-2005 R6 engine"...whistling.gif

Beat me too it!

The Japs are not going to license their latest technology to the Chinese.

since when have the chinese ever needed a licence to copy someones design or technology ? smile.png

cheesy.gif

I would like announce you as the bravest millionaire biker if you really got one.

If throwing 269 k does not bother you as a millionaire, just go get a ducati streetfighter. Why bother with a chinese benelli?

maybe because it has more power than the kwakers 650 , looks better and is more exclusive.My guess is it should handle pretty good as well.

Most people buy big motorbikes with their hearts, and not everyone wants a run of the mill bike. 269k baht is not too much for such a bike and even if one would sell it after 1 year the resale value would still be around 200k or more. So that is not too bad. but then again, if one is shopping on a budget just buy a cbr250 /500 and sleep well every night knowing you made the most sensible choice. Those are excellent bikes but character is lacking.

So you say a chinese benelli knock off has character and honda does not? Hahahhs. You make me laugh man near midnight.

Yes it has a chinese character to cut all the corners possible, using crappy parts with great chinese metal, copying designs and maybe it has some chinese red bean bun under the seat?:lol:

And maybe the exhaust sounds like chinese firecracker.:D

It really feels like it is the deal of the century to me:D

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

^^^ Spot on.

Not everyone wants a run of the mill bike, some want a cheap knock off of a run of the mill bike. Each to their own!

You perfectly completed my post nikster like the cherry on a cake.

Well said. Hahahssha.

I think some people here overly and badly influenced by the chinese new year:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

269k is not that much of a concern

id be far more worried of the bikes build quality and the grade of metals used

the chinese are notorious for producing copys of things that look fine on the outside

but the mechanicals and electricals are just shit and the quality goes on a sliding scale after the demo

models are produced they often substitute agreed components with cheaper alternatives when they get a

bulk contract to produce plenty of them

Your missing the point . . .

• Like 1

Yes, and stopped by one of their Bangkok shops on Monday. My guess they will have more shops than Kawasaki and Big Bike Honda combined

Some people still have the old thinking of china as a 5 cent cheep toy importer,

Time to update. Apple products are made there, BMW build some of their bikes there as well as cars.

Audi, Chevy, Ford, the list goes on and on, but some still insist China = Cheep. Yes they have that, so does Thailand and anywhere, but Quality is there and does exists in it's highest form

Some people still have the old thinking of china as a 5 cent cheep toy importer,

Time to update. Apple products are made there, BMW build some of their bikes there as well as cars.

Audi, Chevy, Ford, the list goes on and on, but some still insist China = Cheep. Yes they have that, so does Thailand and anywhere, but Quality is there and does exists in it's highest form

Yes a few of the chinese import tourist are very nice, but as I said only a few

Quality is really dependent on the company. Western companies like BMW (which ship 650cc engine components to China for assembly) and Japanese motorcycle manufacturers like Suzuki who build the new 250 Inazuma there and Yamaha who build the YBR125 there have quality control firmly in place. Now, apparently QJ who make Keeway and the Benelli badged Keeways are a long way ahead of other Chinese manufacturers in terms of quality, but if they want to build a trusted brand name they need to stop hiding the fact that the bikes are made in China and let the facts speak for themselves. I hope enjoy your new bike.

So there is currently a gsxr 600 k7 for sale at 295k or this benelli for 296k no choice for me and the bennelli doesnt seem such a bargain anymore,rather take a 2 nd hand tried and tested machine than an un known unproven bike,still someone has to buy the bennili so we can get reviews ,look forward to hearing some user commments about this bike

• Like 1

Time to update. Apple products are made there,

"Apple CEO Tim Cook already revealed plans to spend $100 million in 2013 to bring some of its manufacturing back into the US — and one of Apple’s main manufacturing partners similarly has plans to move stateside. According to an interview with Bloomberg, controversial manufacturer Foxconn is planning to expand its operations in North America to meet the needs of customers who want to build products in the US. “We are looking at doing more manufacturing in the US because, in general, customers want more to be done there,” Louis Woo, a Foxconn spokesman, told Bloomberg in a phone interview"

One thing that is very annoying to me is the stupid web site that the Keeway/Benelli distributor has in place....here in Thailand. And it's not just them, I find Thai companies generally very annoying with the poor quality web site or none existent web site. But the handful that do a good job making a web site are a breath of fresh air.

@pokerkid (quote tags got all messed up sorry)

^ Ok so you think it's probably a piece of crap but still want to give it a chance.... I am not sure I follow....

Here is why I don't:

- Nameplate is fake (bought Benelli brand name from Italy, has absolutely nothing to do with the brand that Benelli once was, which, by the way, was nothing to write home about, which is why they disappeared.

- Engine is a copy of a 2006 Yamaha. How exciting. I've always wanted to find out how good they're at copying - will it be as solid as the original? Or maybe, could it be that that fake nameplate manufacturer that's out-cheaping everyone saved some money here and there and made it more crappy? The HP figures might be a hint... on second thought, maybe I don't want to find out how good they are at copying - not at 268k baht.

Why would anybody care about this fake name copycat product? Do the facts above instill in you the sense that this company is proud of their product?

And China is not Japan. Japan's story is not repeating in China. This should be obvious I don't even know what's there to argue about. It's besides the point though - I wouldn't buy a fake nameplate copycat product from Germany or Japan either.

Edited by nikster