The New Canon Eos 6D On Sale Now

angiud

After announcements around the world (England, USA, Singapore) also in Thailand is now for sale the new, interesting low cost full frame reflex from Canon.

Fotofile has the 6D, body only, for sale at 69.000 Baht.

Here all the specs.

Just to say that should be a wonderful cheap full frame camera, with a very good autofocus, a great noise management, light strong body and will be hard to me choose between the great EOS 5D mkiii and the EOS 6D.

EOS%206D%20FRT_tcm80-972716.jpg

It should be a lovely camera but a couple points to keep in mind, autofocus-1 cross type the rest non cross type, so autofocus OK but nothing like the 5d3. Single SD card slot OK but not great. All video footage so far has had a lot of moire. I was thinking of buying one but a not exactly what I was after.

Any Canon gurus here wish to comment? I presume this will kind of replace the 5D MarkII ?

From what I hear, it is more of an replacement for the 7D, which will become the 70D, as an upgrade to the 60D. That place between 60D and 5D was always a bit of a difficult one to fill as the 7D didn't offer all that much over the 60D. An entry level full frame camera in that niche makes a lot more sense.

A good review is here of the Canon 6D

Anyone know if it is in stock yet in Thailand?

From the link above in the review it says, " It gets in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposure modes, but disappointingly these are JPEG only, unlike on the 5D Mark III that also records RAW files."

Can someone expand on this a little bit please?

I don't know much very clearly but t what does this mean with the HDR reference? Can you still set it in RAW at different exposures in Raw? Please expand if you can?

Edited by jcw

I agree about the Nikon D600. A few issues but generally same or better than the cousin. I don't want to enter in the eternal competition between Nikon and Canon ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect App

FYI re the D600 Dust problem and here

Reg cleaning looks like a pain in the bum

and wold drive me nuts. "I pointedly asked her if it would void the camera's warranty if I cleaned the sensor myself, to which she replied with an immediate "Yes!". source in the comment to the link above.

A good review is here of the Canon 6D

Anyone know if it is in stock yet in Thailand?

From the link above in the review it says, " It gets in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposure modes, but disappointingly these are JPEG only, unlike on the 5D Mark III that also records RAW files."

Can someone expand on this a little bit please?

I don't know much very clearly but t what does this mean with the HDR reference? Can you still set it in RAW at different exposures in Raw? Please expand if you can?

Apparently fotofile has it. See link in post #1.

In camera, High dynamic range (HDR) photos in JPEG only for the 6D. You can still bracket in RAW and then do your HDR in a pp application. In camera HDR I view as a sales gimmick. If you serious about HDR I would do it pp.

• Like 1

I am more and more convinced to sell my Canon 5D Mk ii, keep (as second body) the 7D and buy the 'cheap' Canon 6D. I was saving to buy the 5D Mkii, but seeing the many comparisons.....:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/13/canon-6d-and-5dmk3-noise-comparison-for-high-iso-long-exposures/

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Canon-EOS-6D-The-best-value-for-money-in-the-EOS-range/Comparisons

• 1 month later...

I am more and more convinced to sell my Canon 5D Mk ii, keep (as second body) the 7D and buy the 'cheap' Canon 6D. I was saving to buy the 5D Mkii, but seeing the many comparisons.....:

I would like to know if you have decided yet? I have the 60D and am considerung as well to buy the 5DMKIII...or the 6D...?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to add some more info here, I found that avcamera.com has a 6D and (if google translate got this right) and ipad mini for 66,900. That would add 11-21K in value to the package depending on the model.

I then went to fotofile's site, (which is down so I had to view a cached version) and found that a 5D Mk II is 49,900. The 6D is also 66,900 there as well but no ipad is included. I am assuming it is new and not used as the site is crippled.

Since I am upgrading from a Canon Xsi (450), any increase in sensor size is a good thing, and from what I understand the 5D is a more robust camera, and therefore heavier. I only have the 24-105L so I'd be finally able to get a real 24mm view from it no matter which body I get. I'm on a severe budget so even a used option is a possibility, but right now the 5D for 49,900 sounds best for my sorry budget.

The ability of the 6D to focus in very low light tends to sway my choice in the direction of the 6D.

http://photocamel.com/forum/canon-forum/169207-canon-eos-6d-does-focus-3-ev-moonlight.html

5D Mkii is out of production. A wonderful camera, with some limit on the autofocus speed and a bit dated. Depend the use you do, could be still a good deal. Om the other hand, the 6D is a state-of-the-art small full frame with some innovative functions, a sharp AF, great sensor without or with very small noise at very high ISO.

Panorama, studio, etc can go for the 5D mkii

Sport, nature, macro, go for 6D

Just my 2 cents

PS: I have a 6D got with the Ipad mini deal one month ago at Fotofile thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Right, I realized that the MkII is an earlier model, but price for me can make that seem OK. While living in the US, I only bought used digital SLR's and saved tons in that process. Perhaps in this instance of the 6D vs the 5D MKII it might be a case pennywise pound foolish.

Seems the ipad deal has gone away but I'll let the specs and performance be my guide.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...