Why Are Teachers So Broke?

vallillo1983

Hey, firstly i would like to say thank you to everyone who offered advice on my last post(s); Now i have a question as its been on my mind, alot of people suggest to go to Taiwan or Japan 1st to earn some money,

In taiwan the average wage is NT$50000 (60000bhat) and in thailand the ave salary is 40000 to 50000 (with my qualifications!) so i wanted to know, if the cost of living is so much less in thailand, how is it possible to save in taiwan and not in Thailand!?! especially when the average salary for a Thai graduate is 8000baht!

Would be cool to hear your thoughts!

Cheers

Hey, firstly i would like to say thank you to everyone who offered advice on my last post(s); Now i have a question as its been on my mind, alot of people suggest to go to Taiwan or Japan 1st to earn some money,

In taiwan the average wage is NT$50000 (60000bhat) and in thailand the ave salary is 40000 to 50000 (with my qualifications!) so i wanted to know, if the cost of living is so much less in thailand, how is it possible to save in taiwan and not in Thailand!?! especially when the average salary for a Thai graduate is 8000baht!

Would be cool to hear your thoughts!

Cheers

Why are teachers so broke in Thailand? Because they piss their money away on birds and beer. :o (I like this emoticon; it is the one for all emotions)

In every country that I can think of offhand, beginning teachers with Bachelor's degrees in education are paid low wages compared to new engineers, mathematicians, nurses, business management trainees, and various other useful vocations.

Many of the teachers you may be referring to, Vallillilioo, are not B.Ed. certified types. We may have a BA or even an MA in a non-education field, or no degree at all.

But no, you may not be able to save money, teaching in Thailand. Maybe you should stay in the UK or teach in Taiwan or some other country besides Thailand. If you really, really, want to come to LOS, it's probably a personal reason that detracts from a professional teacher's long term professional plan.

I've known teachers who can save, and plenty who piss it all the way. It doesn't always mean birds and beer. Saying things like, I can't live in a .... I can't eat..... it has to be Villa.... Starbucks, etc. adds up pretty quickly as well.

The same for just about every other profession as well.

:o

Yep, and its not just teachers or blokes who spend money on birds, I am always skint too. But I am terrible with money, and like to drink too much and buy shoes and silly things from Lotus that I will never ever use :o

Valley-of-Loo, you're performing miracles here. I can't recall the last time that poster IJWT has agreed with poster Heng.

Two of my best friends save half their salaries. One is native Chinese (no surprise there), and the other is Czech-American. I'll bet that somewhere, where the Union Jack still flies, there's an Englishman who saves half his salary (or half of his net self employment income).

Are you getting different answers on ajarnforum?