This Book Saved My Life

Blackandwhite

• 1 month later...

I stopped smoking in 2003 after reading Allen Carr's book, so thanks for reminding me about his other book. I bought this on kindle yesterday and so far seems very similar to my recollection of the stop smoking book, but maybe that's no bad thing.

I actually did not know that Allen has passed away since I read his stop smoking book, maybe I have been living in a cave...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 4. Finished the book and went out for the final drink which was suggested as something memorably nasty. I took a double Bundaberg rum which from previous memory was a pretty disgusting taste. It didn't fail and I am now on my first sober Friday night for probably 20 years. So far so good although the 'little monster' is suffering withdrawal.

Will keep you posted.

Still dry here, how's you all doing

• Like 1

Day 4. Finished the book and went out for the final drink which was suggested as something memorably nasty. I took a double Bundaberg rum which from previous memory was a pretty disgusting taste. It didn't fail and I am now on my first sober Friday night for probably 20 years. So far so good although the 'little monster' is suffering withdrawal.

Will keep you posted.

Still dry here, how's you all doing

Fantastic, it does get easier, changing things you have always done is not easy it get easier but not easy all the time. Just a process of time.

Well done such great news to hear all is well.

• Like 1