Quomen

Sydneycraig

I'm on quomen now. Day 10 of the pills and today is quit day. 8pm, had a few beers and whilst I have thought of having a ciggy the thoughts don't last long.

No adverse side effects from the pills except a few more vivid dreams but nothing really out of the ordinary.

Anyhow, will keep you posted and if all goes well maby will be useful for others. If I atop posting you can assume I failed and started smoking again!

Day 14... No real cravings except 1 or 2 a day that last less than 30 seconds. Just realized the pills are not supposed to be taken with alcohol... Misread before that you should not stop drinking so have been drinking each night! No other side effects except a few more dreams and eating more ...

• 4 months later...

Good on you - keep at it - it works. I am a few weeks ahead of you - been taking Quomem for about 6 weeks, and have not smoked in last 4 weeks. After 45 years!

The thoughts of cigarettes are becoming less frequent, and I can sit near someone smoking without any desire to join them (although I try to avoid such situations).

I didn't pay attention to the no alcohol recommendation, although I only drink about one bottle of beer a day. A little unsure about what will happen when I stop the Quomem - but that's still 2 months away.

Also, if you are in Chiang Mai try a meeting at Nicotine Anonymous - at 7 Fountains in Huay Kaew on Wed and Sat at 1 pm. Very supportive and inspirational group.

• 10 months later...

Only 4 days into my course, and i felt so shit, i started smoking halves and taking small drags but i had to stop smoking. Which i did, amazing, it works.

The only thing that troubles me, last night I had no sleep as my lungs kept on kicking out mucus, now this evening it seems to be mucus that i have to cough out of my stomach. Anyone ?

Ive also gone off nescafe coffee, bottled water is a bit stale tasting and i prefer to drink Pepsi at 7.00 AM, which is the most worrying thing.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, An update on above post .. I went to a real private hospital. The reason I had so much mucus, was that i had Bronchitus, i developed it a couple of days before deciding that i felt so shit i needed to do something about my smoking.

Even tho' I had bronchitus, i was still smoking .. However, starting the course of Quomem during my initial stages of Bronchitus gave me a good starting point to quit.

The doctor told me to knock the Quomem on the head and concentrate on getting better and not smoking.

So, I now havent had a cigarette for 14 days and only used Quomem for the first 4 days. Im running on willpower now, its pretty easy but I dont think i could have made the initial couple of days without Quomem.

If anyone wants 18 Quomem tablets, PM me, it will be enough to get you through 10 days then you can decide if you want to continue. ( I hope this is OK, please remove if not )

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...