Airline Trip Reports. Let Us Know About Your Flight!

craigt3365

Just got back from London and here are some details.

BA009 from LHR-BKK round trip 431.22 returning next spring booked through the BA site, its their 100 anniversary so good deals this year!.

Boeing 777-200 full load, RR Trent 800 engines. We left 30 minutes late due to a "security issue" and arrived 30 minutes late into BKK. My outward flight and return both avoided Iran, to London we went up the west side of the Gulf and on return went across the Caspian Sea and Afghanistan. Seats were comfortable and for me plenty of leg room. Food was ok and the bonus was their Speedbird 100 pale ale in a can by Brewdog, this is a really nice ale and it soon was gone and back to Heineken. Smooth flight and a good crew on board.

Heathrow is now almost all do it yourself check in and deal with the bag drop, 23k allowance and 1kg over was asked for 65 GBP so I repacked. Security was fine as was the pint of Adnams Broadside at Wetherspoons ( 4.10p).

Arrival at BKK Immigration was the best I have ever seen, pleasant and friendly man at the desk, a real welcome to the kingdom.

When I booked this flight Emirates wanted over 700 GBP and Thai 650. Thai use 777 and I think Emirates use a 777 to Dubai then a A380 to London.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Very bad experiences with most of airlines during the Covid-19. Most of them cancelled all flights without giving possibility to their passengers of going back home. Also most of them are not giving back the reimboursement of cancelled flights or the procedure is not applicable. Air Asia and Qatar Airways, two on that list that I'll remember for the future.