Pestecide Found In M-150 Energy Drink

george

PUBLIC HEALTH MINISTRY CHECKING ALL ENERGY DRINKS AFTER PESTICIDE WAS FOUND IN M-150

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health is checking on all types of energy drinks after pesticide was found in the M-150 drink.

Deputy Public Health Minister Anuthin Charnweerakul (อนุทิน ชาญวีรกุล) said he has ordered the Food and Drug Administration to examine all energy drinks in the market, after M-150 was found contaminated with pesticide.

Mr Anuthin said any product found to be contaminated would be immediately removed from shelves. In addition to pesticides, checks would also be made to determine if there is any antibiotics contamination in the drinks.

--thaisnews.com 2006-02-14

PUBLIC HEALTH MINISTRY CHECKING ALL ENERGY DRINKS AFTER PESTICIDE WAS FOUND IN M-150

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health is checking on all types of energy drinks after pesticide was found in the M-150 drink.

Deputy Public Health Minister Anuthin Charnweerakul (อนุทิน ชาญวีรกุล) said he has ordered the Food and Drug Administration to examine all energy drinks in the market, after M-150 was found contaminated with pesticide.

Mr Anuthin said any product found to be contaminated would be immediately removed from shelves. In addition to pesticides, checks would also be made to determine if there is any antibiotics contamination in the drinks.

--thaisnews.com 2006-02-14

Was it an ingredient in the recipe of the drink or was it an unintended contaminant ?

otis

Was it an ingredient in the recipe of the drink or was it an unintended contaminant ?
From what I know about the manufacture of herbal medicines and health foods, this type of contamination is usually due to contamination of one of the herbal ingredients used in the formula. Testing these ingredients for traces of all pesticides and herbicides that a farmer might possibly have used is costly and shortcuts are sometimes taken, not only in Thailand.

Incidentally, just now I saw a report on Swiss television that of the 32 brands of cigarettes sold in Switzerland, 29 were found to contain a forbidden substance (Triacetin, a solvent used for aromas). A spokesman for Philip Morris was then shown, explaining that this substance is only in the filter, not the tobacco, and that it was assumed that the legal restriction applied only to the tobacco. Next, a spokesman for the Health Department said that the brands in question would not be recalled, because the concentration of the forbidden substance was minimal an smoking was unhealthy anyway.

---------------

Maestro

post-9005-1139960912_thumb.jpg

TRADE NAME : M-150

CATEGORY :

Caffeine containing, non-carbonated Energy Drink

SUGGESTED USE :

M-150 is a particularly effective energy drink with a uniquely pleasant taste. M-150 relieves fatigue efficiently. M-150 is best when consumed chilled. An ideal dosage is two bottles 150 ml per day.

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

Caffeine, 330 mg per one litre

Taurin, 4000 mg per one litre

Vitamins B5, B6, Inositol, Niacinamide

DDT, 10 grams per one milliliter

Baygon, 5 grams per one milliliter

SIZES :

Available in 100 ml and 150 ml bottles as well as in 250 ml cans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CATEGORY :

SUGGESTED USE :

M-150 is a particularly effective energy drink with a uniquely pleasant taste. M-150 relieves fatigue efficiently. M-150 is best when consumed chilled. An ideal dosage is two bottles 150 ml per day.

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

SIZES :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:o WOW!! No wonder those Truck/Bus drivers are so bad behind the wheel. Lord, oh should I Buddha help us ALL. :D:D:D:D

Sounds like a typical Thai business dispute tactic: contaminate your competitor's product for maximum adverse publicity.

==============================================================

Could be the proverbial "Nail-On-The-Head" . . . . . . would you be very surpised, if it turned-out that our revered Fuhrer Toxin, had some substantial shareholding (through his niminee kidds, of course ! ! !) in "the other" Company ? ? ? ? ? ?

T.I.T.

And in related news...Deputy Public Health Minister Anuthin Charnweerakul (อนุทิน ชาญวีรกุล) said he has ordered the Food and Drug Administration to limit the sale of pesticides to the hours of 11-2 and 5-10 just in case people enjoy drinking them.

And in related news...Deputy Public Health Minister Anuthin Charnweerakul (อนุทิน ชาญวีรกุล) said he has ordered the Food and Drug Administration to limit the sale of pesticides to the hours of 11-2 and 5-10 just in case people enjoy drinking them.

same as alcohol I dont understand why you know it is not good for yourself but you still drink it.What would i call but STUPID :o

now it makes sense

i was walking past the motor cycle taxis and they were necking a few M100, whiskey, sato and whatever else they could get down their throats before the 6 pm rush hour started.

All looked normal - however when i returned from my walk i saw that they were all jumping around like flees, onto their bikes, off their bikes, scratching their heads, mai kow chai - to all that would listen

the latter was not normal :o

Fantastic Detective work as usual. "Traces of Pesticide" were found. Who are they kidding, it is pesticide at the right strengths?

M-150's principle ingredients are:

1. Taurine [2-aminoethanesulfonic acid]. 4000mg/l

Its derivation is from ox-bile, although it can be sythesised.

Hazard: It is toxic by ingestion.

Use: Biochemical Research and Pharmaceuticals.

2. Caffeine 330mg/L

Derived from Coffee or Kola nuts.

Hazard: 200 micrograms per mL has been found to inhibit activity of the enzyme DNA polymerase.

Use in soft drinks limited to 200mg/L

Seem like they have been exceeding the safe dosage. Not sure I want to drink a deritive of Ox-Bile [Always wondered how Red Bull became the name of the more famous brand of energy drink].

Coca Cola have launched their own brand of Ox-bile energy drink called "Burn".

Still these drinks are very useful when you are feeling under the weather. Need to make sure I dilute it with a quick drink of water afterwards.

Note: Coca-Cola contains caffeine and Phosphoric Acid.

Phosphoric Acid is also toxic by ingestion and inhalation. It makes an excellent rust cleaner and I used to use sell it in the UK when I was in the Vehicle Wash Manufacturing Industry. I use Coca Cola to free off rusty locks, works a treat!

Does this mean Coca Cola should also be withdrawn from the shelves?

Edited by Estrada

most thai food from supermarket is really bad quality and has a lot of chemicals.

It seems here is very small demand on natural food. Even some of my staff from Isaan who go back every weekend, buy ultra low quality meat at tops supermarket for the double price than they get high quality natural meat in Isaan.

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

2. Caffeine 330mg/L

Hazard: 200 micrograms per mL has been found to inhibit activity of the enzyme DNA polymerase.

Seem like they have been exceeding the safe dosage. Not sure I want to drink a deritive of Ox-Bile [Always wondered how Red Bull became the name of the more famous brand of energy drink].

I agree completely.... and that's not even taking into consideration the DDT and the Baygon in the form of broken up mosquito coils in the stuff....

Those drinks are nasty... :o

We often rave how good Thai food is, without giving any consideration for food safety issues, such as chemical contamination.

It is not just the overuse of legal pesticides, illegal chemicals are widely available and used, and there are many fake copies of legal chemicals that are in fact again banned chemicals packaged to look like legally available brands.

Add to that the issue of illegal chemical dumping and failure to control/monitor industrial effluents and it is quite clear that like a lot of things in Thailand – The claims of “Good Food” do not stand close examination.

Is this an official ingredient list, if so where on earth do they but DDT, or is this an acceptable limit of contamination, since there are still pockets of DDT in the soil in thailand.

CATEGORY :

SUGGESTED USE :

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

SIZES :

:o WOW!! No wonder those Truck/Bus drivers are so bad behind the wheel. Lord, oh should I Buddha help us ALL. :D:D:D:D

I thought it strange, too. I mean some residual DDT is one thing, but at the quantities listed, if one consumes one of the 250 mL cans of M-150, then that means a quarter kilo of pure DDT is being ingested... :D

That can't be considered healthy...

:D

Is this an official ingredient list, if so where on earth do they but DDT, or is this an acceptable limit of contamination, since there are still pockets of DDT in the soil in thailand.

CATEGORY :

SUGGESTED USE :

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

SIZES :

IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS :

SIZES :

sorry but whoever wrote this was braindead (maybe too much M-Roy-Ha-Zip) (or alternative I am braindead).

Please check the calculation below.....

1 milliliter=1/1000 Liter, if water it has nearly exactly 1 gram, this is approx. a cube with 1x1x1 cm.

So with 10 gram DDT, 15 gram Baygon and 1 gram water, one Milliliter must be 17 gram heavy (compare gold 19).

so the 250 milliliter cans have 4.2 kg weight.

I have really doubts if the 250 milliter cans have 4.2 kg....

Maybe a lot of work......

MacDonald and simillar: Far too fat.

Pizza Hut+Pizza Company far too fat

Most sausage.... too fat

Coke and simillar too sweet

chocolate and all the sweet, to sweet, so fat and often the last crap inside

Prawns...often (very often) to much antibiotica, only allow to sell them in pharmacy shops

vegetable and fruit (specialy if not for this climate) a lot chemicals

chicken (samonella-statica)

pork (antibiotica, hormons, beta-blocker)

Alcohol.....

Cigaretts

so there is not much left, if you read a bit, you find out, that all the topics are really hugh problems specially in Thailand but also in other countries and sure there are a lot other things which I do not know......

Why don't the goverment apply stricter rules for these energy drinks? If they are banning alcohol advertisements, why don't they ban the advertisement of this crap too!

Fantastic Detective work as usual. "Traces of Pesticide" were found. Who are they kidding, it is pesticide at the right strengths?

2. Caffeine 330mg/L

Coca Cola have launched their own brand of Ox-bile energy drink called "Burn".

Still these drinks are very useful when you are feeling under the weather. Need to make sure I dilute it with a quick drink of water afterwards.

Note: Coca-Cola contains caffeine and Phosphoric Acid.

Phosphoric Acid is also toxic by ingestion and inhalation. It makes an excellent rust cleaner and I used to use sell it in the UK when I was in the Vehicle Wash Manufacturing Industry. I use Coca Cola to free off rusty locks, works a treat!

Does this mean Coca Cola should also be withdrawn from the shelves?

Put a small piece of liver (meat) in a glass of Coca Cola and watch the result ?

20 minutes later the liver is dissolved.

Phosphoric Acid works efficient.

Happy days for our liver. :o