Samui & Phangan Still Without Power For 2Nd Day .story Continues With Updated Info & Suggestions.

So how many people in Oz use solar panels? not many I bet.... except perhaps in the "out back"..? .whistling.gif

There are two places around Samui I have seen using solar power, one is the new Temple above Lamai , the other a resort on one of the islands off the west coast of Thaling Gnam area... (Koh Som, I think it is).. probably more around too....

It's a good idea, but until the world get off the greed or need for fossil fuel, it's not going to be a viable option.... although parts of China seem to be making a bit of an effort... thumbsup.gif

It's not just in the Outback (one word, not two!), it's all over Australia, significantly, but not solely, as a result of the Government there recognising the need for the world to reduce the use of fossils fuels and for its contribution to the world's need slamming a tax on carbon emitting industries which of course is passed on to the consumer! Solar panel system installations are subsidised however.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky, well sort of,bought mine during the big storms, 12.5 last Geny available @ Homepro, 120k -less 3% = 116,400.

Also got given a free lawn mowe, sold it for 10K. Total cost 106,400 , I thought that was still too dear, but it paid for itself many times over.

i sold my motor bie and bought a genorator a while back for about 55 k. does my ubc fans plugs oh and 1 small air con in my bed room. 4 stroke lasts about 8 or 9 hours which is a whole nights sleep.

So how many people in Oz use solar panels? not many I bet.... except perhaps in the "out back"..? .whistling.gif

There are two places around Samui I have seen using solar power, one is the new Temple above Lamai , the other a resort on one of the islands off the west coast of Thaling Gnam area... (Koh Som, I think it is).. probably more around too....

It's a good idea, but until the world get off the greed or need for fossil fuel, it's not going to be a viable option.... although parts of China seem to be making a bit of an effort... thumbsup.gif

It's not just in the Outback (one word, not two!), it's all over Australia, significantly, but not solely, as a result of the Government there recognising the need for the world to reduce the use of fossils fuels and for its contribution to the world's need slamming a tax on carbon emitting industries which of course is passed on to the consumer! Solar panel system installations are subsidised however.

i dont really care for the enviroment i am skpticall that where there is climate change there is new business opptinuty. If the world os going to sink then it is too lte to stop it als it is probably a natural occurance anyway as we have had ice ages in the past.

poltions for me reuiens peoples breathing and lungs as for the world we must prtect the enviroment need green shit and all thsats

Edited by BigC

i dont really care for the enviroment i am skpticall that where there is climate change there is new business opptinuty. If the world os going to sink then it is too lte to stop it als it is probably a natural occurance anyway as we have had ice ages in the past.

poltions for me reuiens peoples breathing and lungs as for the world we must prtect the enviroment need green shit and all thsats

I always find your posts difficult to understand because you were clearly never taught to spell at skool! When you post at 2.25 a.m. you are ten times worse than normal!

If I understand you correctly you are a climate change sceptic.

That's your perogative - fortunately your views are only held by a small and ever decreasing number of dinosaurs such as George Bush Junior.

• Like 2

Tropicalvero

All that is being done is bringing the Samui infrastructure up to a level that was needed some 10-15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love the place and doubt I will ever leave.

The powers that be 10 years ago didn't do f*** all to better Samui's infrastructure, in sharp contrast to the recent mayor. I'm among the people that hope he will be vote back in again because he tries to make a difference and he even manages sometimes.

No power in Chaweng as we "speak"

• Like 1