Replacement Filter For Sharp Fu-A80Ta / Where? Cost?

Penangfreak

Dear all:

The air-purifier above is on sale in various shops right now for 15'000. I ended up with this brand, as it got the best reviews for an upper medium unit, vs. the top brands going for up to 55'000.-

This unit also has a much longer life for their 2 filters (HEPA & Carbon) than most other brands. Filter change can be VERY costly if you are buying the wrong brand.

I have tied all afternoon to find out: - Are these filters available and where?

- What is the cost of those 2 filters?

- Official life at average use?

I went to every shop in town, that carries them, I called Sharp Bangkok and learned there is a bunch of independent companies under the same name and got onto every number I was given.

I wrote to the main online shops and wrote them and also wrote to 3 Sharp contacts i could find.

I make it short: ZERO results......The first 2 points NOT one answer, the third one from 6 months to 10 yrs. !!!! The brochure says around 2 yrs., in some countries the span is from 1-5 yrs according to misc. websites.

These all by so called experts, call-centers, service-centers etc.

Maybe one of you out there has the same air-purifier and some answers !?

Thanks to all. PFwai2.gif

Ditto: Have an <deleted> 245 with filters needing replacing. Can't find a thing

about replacements. Anybody? Appreciated.

I will write to Sharp Global and post. This is unreal. Total incompetence on every level. I have tried all, has sales people call etc. etc. ZERO results. PF.

Ditto: Have an <deleted> 245 with filters needing replacing. Can't find a thing about replacements. Anybody? Appreciated.

This saga has found a good end! After more than 35 inquiries in person, by phone, by email in all main shops, all main online shops and all possible Sharp centers and mails I have finally received 1 !!! professional and very quick answer which provided even much more info than I had asked for. It was written in perfect E, friendly and professional and they even offered me a better deal on a more suitable model. Wow, this was one of the few really good moments this week ;-)

Not sure I may publish this here, if the moderators remove just pm me for any info.

Thanks Kh. Walop. You made my day.wai2.gif

Wanlop Watcharaarphanukorn

E.A. EASY CO.,LTD.

http://www.eaeasy.com/

46/55 Moo 3, Srisamarn Rd., Banmai,

Pakkred, Nontaburi 11120