Englishman Dies After Fall From Pattaya Balcony

Rimmer

Englishman Dies after fall from Pattaya Balcony

Pattaya: Englishman falls from 9th floor rooms

At 5:30 am on Saturday 8 Dec , Pattaya City Police were notified of a foreigner found dead, after falling from a room at the Condotel No. 3 Moo 10, South Pattaya,

At the scene behind the condo MR. TIMOTHY BERTRAM DURELL, 63, a British man from London was discovered beyond resuscitation by emergency services, after staff on duty in the reception area heard a dull”thud” sound outside and went to investigate.

In his accommodation, Police found several letter and envelopes all sealed and addressed to individuals and can only assume that these were, in fact, suicide note.

Full Story:--http://www.pattaya103.com/timothy-durell-pattaya-die-balcony-fall/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-02-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article says he was well known and ran a business in the "alternative" community in the city. So what business was that?

No idea why this man chose suicide, but all this jumping from condos is getting to be a bit much ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I was on Dongtan beach this afternoon with my daughter and a couple of old queens were talking about it. Said he committed suicide last night and was in with someone for 4 million and owed other people bits and pieces too. Guess his debts caught up with him.

Apparently he was also owner of a well known go go bar in addition to Panorama. I've heard these types of businesses are not the gold mines they once may have been. High costs to get into and massive competition from the internet, etc. OK I just read some "information" another place saying it was known he was under financial stress. Anyway ... RIP.

As far as the news story goes, if the man owned a couple of gay bars, why not just say it if that's the story, instead of this silly "alternative" euphemism silliness? (In other words, what century and country are we in here?)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Police found many sealed letters - so assumed its a suicide???

Why not open the letters and see to be certain??

RIP

Because they weren't addresses to them?

smile.png , only there is a dead body so perhaps an investigation is needed to determine the cause of death, i am sure the writer of the letters would not mind and the recipients would also understand.

I agree with Jing, all the balcony jumpers is becoming all too frequent, for some reason so many suicidal people chose the same way.

PS. i am not trying to be insensitive to the issue or make fun of it, but really way too many seem to jump and all seem to be suicides, while no investigations take place

At least no one else was walking under "Ground Zero", do these suicides ever check?

Far better use the old charcoal cooker CO way out, far more peaceful, as long as you don't set the building on fire.

Sorry Buggers... RIP

RIP

smile.png , only there is a dead body so perhaps an investigation is needed to determine the cause of death, i am sure the writer of the letters would not mind and the recipients would also understand.

I agree with Jing, all the balcony jumpers is becoming all too frequent, for some reason so many suicidal people chose the same way.

PS. i am not trying to be insensitive to the issue or make fun of it, but really way too many seem to jump and all seem to be suicides, while no investigations take place

May be, after all it isn't paradise here, as some want us to believe ?

RIP

May be, after all it isn't paradise here, as some want us to believe ?

i do not believe Thailand to be a paradise, actually far from it.

Every country has its good and bad, it is what people make of it.

Of course for someone retired with some money, this place may seem as a paradise, i am about 30-40 years away from retirement, so i hardly call it a paradise, as i work 7 days, long days just as i would in any other country.

The only perks i like and enjoy are- late night shopping, more like 24 hours shopping. can have a maid(much much cheaper than back home) relaxed road rules(especially parking) and variety of cheap food to eat out, all the rest is hard work

• Like 2

I love this country but seriously hope I'm on a holiday outside Thailand when I die. This is the most disrespectful country to die in.

I suppose when you are dead it does not really matter, for yourself I mean.

For the dying itself, I presume it does not really matter where you die.

The way death hits you?

Circumstances dictate that process.

I have seen a few deaths in Thailand, and quite a few in my home country.

The differences?

Not much, actually I preferred, if I may say so, the Thai ones.

• Like 2

I love this country but seriously hope I'm on a holiday outside Thailand when I die. This is the most disrespectful country to die in.

I suppose when you are dead it does not really matter, for yourself I mean.

For the dying itself, I presume it does not really matter where you die.

The way death hits you?

Circumstances dictate that process.

I have seen a few deaths in Thailand, and quite a few in my home country.

The differences?

Not much, actually I preferred, if I may say so, the Thai ones.

It's not me I worry about when I'm dead but the friends and family I leave behind. This country has no respect for that memory especially if you are a foreigner.

I have wondered also why so many choose to jump from high rise buildings here and can only assume it is because they can - in the sense that where they came from they did not live high up. There are places we all know around the world with high rise condos but those would be the exception rather than the rule for the population at large. Very sad that some choose this way out and it's just as sad many choose other ways to end things rather than find a better solution to whatever depresses them. Unlike some here, though, I do not look for suspicious circumstances behind each of these cases. I could accept drunken misadventure but I see so many sad, depressed, angry, bitter people in Pattaya and many others who should not be allowed to travel here for medical or emotion problem reasons. RIP to the man in this case.

Edited by petercool

It's not me I worry about when I'm dead but the friends and family I leave behind. This country has no respect for that memory especially if you are a foreigner.

I've never understood the Western attitude to death. As far as I'm concerned the second you die it's all over, and time to move on for those who are left behind.

The Thai approach makes perfect sense to me.

You mean the Thai way of showing your death in a gruesome manner, many times revealing private things about you that your children now are subjected to?

In the Western world people try and get their 15 mins of fame. Die in Thailand and get your 15 mins of shame.

• Like 1

You mean the Thai way of showing your death in a gruesome manner, many times revealing private things about you that your children now are subjected to?

In the Western world people try and get their 15 mins of fame. Die in Thailand and get your 15 mins of shame.

This assumes that there is something gruesome or unusual about the way you lived or died in the first place, otherwise even in Thailand it would not make the papers.

Gruesome deaths and a sordid personal life do indeed make the papers regularly in the West. It's just that a greater percentage of people seem to live or die in interesting ways here, whereas in the West most people have very dull lives and just die of old age.

British man falls to his death from Pattaya condo

PATTAYA:--At 5.30 on Saturday morning police and rescue services were called to Pattaya Center Condotel in South Pattaya after receiving reports that a man had fallen from a condo on the 9th floor.

A security guard heard the sound of something hitting the ground and discovered the dead body of a foreign man lying in front of the building. The man was later identified as UK citizen Timothy Bertram Durell, aged 63.

When police checked the deceased’s room, there were no signs of a struggle or anything untoward. However they did discover a sealed envelope which could possibly contain a suicide note together some finger prints which indicate that Mr. Durell may have jumped from the condo balcony intentionally.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/67867/british-man-falls-death-pattaya-condo/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I think all these people falling from balconies have been murdered!

It is murder

German: Selbstmort

Dutch: zelfmoord

Or self inflicted murder, a much more clear word then suicide.

A cowardly act that leave family and friends with many questions, no matter how many laters are left behind.

Edited by HanSRT10

The Itchin Bridge in Southampton became a favourite for people committing suicide, The authorities asked the newspapers to stop reporting the suicides, feeling that it could encourage vulnerable people to end their lives, perhaps the papers here should give it a try, if it saves one life it is a success...............sadly though there will be determined folk