BANGKOK 21 July 2019 00:40
Sign in to follow this  
Rimmer

Englishman Dies After Fall From Pattaya Balcony

The Itchin Bridge in Southampton became a favourite for people committing suicide, The authorities asked the newspapers to stop reporting the suicides, feeling that it could encourage vulnerable people to end their lives, perhaps the papers here should give it a try, if it saves one life it is a success...............sadly though there will be determined folk

Whether suicide or not Tragic way to go

R I P

Suicide is a sad Final Ultimate and to solveable problems.

Pattaya Center Condotel

is this the same place which is also konwn as simply " Centre Condo " ?

There have been so many deaths in that building that the ladies who worked in the Bualuang Securities

office ( before it closed down ) were scared to work there because they believed the building had so many ghosts !!

Edited by Asiantravel

At least no one else was walking under "Ground Zero", do these suicides ever check?

Far better use the old charcoal cooker CO way out, far more peaceful, as long as you don't set the building on fire.

Sorry Buggers... RIP

Seattle, Washington, USA also has a lot of suicides due to being overcast most of the time. I had a client walk across the street when he heard a "thud" just behind him. The person had jumped from an extremely high bridge over water, but the wind blew him to land, to land forever. You are right about being at "ground zero".

The Itchin Bridge in Southampton became a favourite for people committing suicide, The authorities asked the newspapers to stop reporting the suicides, feeling that it could encourage vulnerable people to end their lives, perhaps the papers here should give it a try, if it saves one life it is a success...............sadly though there will be determined folk

They ask the San Francisco newspapers to also not report on the many suicides off the Golden Gate Bridge. Bad for tourism, and for copycats.

Sometimes a confidential ear, words of encouragement, and helping the sufferer to find inner strength can assist the sufferer in overcoming non 'biological' depression.

Edited by hyku1147

Hi DD13 i used to live in a flat under the Itchen bridge and in only a year saw the aftermath of two seperate jumpers both onto the road and not the water ... nasty

I think all these people falling from balconies have been murdered!

I wouldn't say them all, I believe some actually are suicides, but what percentage? Who knows.

I was on Dongtan beach this afternoon with my daughter and a couple of old queens were talking about it. Said he committed suicide last night and was in with someone for 4 million and owed other people bits and pieces too. Guess his debts caught up with him.

i just thought it was strange to chose to go now in the high season ?

I wouldn't say them all, I believe some actually are suicides, but what percentage? Who knows.

Im about 82KG (13 stone in real money) and i doubt most strong western men would be able to do pick me up and drop me over a balcony if i didn't want to go over, let alone Thai males or females who in general aren't as physically strong.

I accept that Thai partners may psychologically push someone over the edge.

What i can never understand is why people just don't get a load of pills and do it this way as opposed to what must be a brutal death by jumping off a balcony.

Im about 82KG (13 stone in real money) and i doubt most strong western men would be able to do pick me up and drop me over a balcony if i didn't want to go over, let alone Thai males or females who in general aren't as physically strong.

I accept that Thai partners may psychologically push someone over the edge.

What i can never understand is why people just don't get a load of pills and do it this way as opposed to what must be a brutal death by jumping off a balcony.

Antman, I agree with you entirely, no matter how much I wanted to die, I couldn't bring myself to jump of a balcony, but obviously, not everyone feels the same way.

Sometimes a confidential ear, words of encouragement, and helping the sufferer to find inner strength can assist the sufferer in overcoming non 'biological' depression.

My friend done himself in the other year, it was a week from when he left the house after an argument with his wife to when he hanged himself. People tried calling so he binned his phone, he was front page of the papers and all over the news and must have been aware of this. I'm of the opinion that for some no amount of talking will make a blind bit of difference they've just got it in them.

For some people life just sucks and there is no way out of their predicament.

It is murder

German: Selbstmort

Dutch: zelfmoord

Or self inflicted murder, a much more clear word then suicide.

A cowardly act that leave family and friends with many questions, no matter how many laters are left behind.

I used to think your way, but now I think you,d have to be very brave to take a leap to Oblivion. Cowardly is a cruel word.
  • Like 1

I was on Dongtan beach this afternoon with my daughter and a couple of old queens were talking about it. Said he committed suicide last night and was in with someone for 4 million and owed other people bits and pieces too. Guess his debts caught up with him.

i just thought it was strange to chose to go now in the high season ?

The traffic and parking problems.

It is murder

German: Selbstmort

Dutch: zelfmoord

Or self inflicted murder, a much more clear word then suicide.

A cowardly act that leave family and friends with many questions, no matter how many laters are left behind.

I used to think your way, but now I think you,d have to be very brave to take a leap to Oblivion. Cowardly is a cruel word.

I think people should understand that if somebody is in such a deep state of depression and despair that the only solution they can see is to take their own life, they would not be thinking logically. The reaction of people close to them and the trauma caused would not enter their thinking.The same applies to the argument that they should give a thought before they jump to the people who may witness or see the aftermath of the act, and choose a more 'Thoughtful' way of doing it. And yes 'the slime' you are right, cowardly is a cruel word in the context of this topic, indeed probably a cowardly word.
  • Like 1