Electronic Cigarettes - Still Illegal?

BuffaloRescue

Still illegal , but they do sell them in the Thai websites as well , Ovale brand or something like that. However their e liquids are expensive and taste awful .

I got my supply from overseas through the internet. Btw , never touch an analogue cig since started 4 months ago.

How many gallons are we talking about here? If you can see it sold everywhere why bother? Besides TIT, even if illegal you can still buy everywhere.

Because the e-juice sold in Thailand, from what i have seen is all horrible chinese stuff. Dekang, Hengsung and other brands. This stuff is made without health regulations and who knows what it contains. There are many much better suppliers in the US that produce juice, often nicotine is extracted from organic tobacco. And the chinese flavours are truly awful. Good american brands, vixen vapours, tastyvapors.us etc.

What are the prices of the e-cigarette and liquids anyway, on Sukhumvit sidewalk?

Any brand recommendation?

I suggest you start with an Ego twist battery and charger and a Vision Stardust Standard Resistance Clearomiser! Theres a farang in Pattaya who sells the Joyetec stuff hes listed as a supplier on the joytec site (they make the Ego twist) - Stardust clearomiser have to buy online only about $4. Total price for all this about $30.

Ecigs that look like cigarettes are terrible. Very poor battery power, low vapor production and not a satisying vape. You need to carry many batteries have several chargers the whole thing is a pain. Also most of these ones you see sold on the street you need to buy cartomisers for that brand (cartomisers is the bit the nicotine juice goes in) and they are not refillable. You need a system that you can refill. Thats why i suggest Ego twist as a good starting point. You can buy all this from Healthcabin.net (china) but dont buy juice from there its terrible chinese made stuff

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Hello,

The brand of EC4 vapor cigarette is Joytech ?

What is Ego twist battery ?

It seems that there is no cheap Thai shop to buy electronic cigarette online ? Do you usually get caught and have to pay customs when you buy something from China ?

Thanks.

no need to waste money to buy those branded set. the ovale, ego set etc come with shit and leaking atomizer

get a ego bypass battery and cartomizer. this set up cost you less than 1000 baht. bypass is good as you could vape while its charging from your laptop or desktop, especially important if you lack of a backup batt. no necessarily a need to get to complex set up such as variable voltage etc etc start simple, less things to screw up. ego twist is okay but no bypass and the variable volt setting is not accurate after batt is less than 50% charge. i would suggest start simple, once you get the cilk, move to a more reliable variable unit such as provari

i suggest going over the ecig forum for some research

What are the prices of the e-cigarette and liquids anyway, on Sukhumvit sidewalk?

I suggest you start with an Ego twist battery and charger and a Vision Stardust Standard Resistance Clearomiser! Theres a farang in Pattaya who sells the Joyetec stuff hes listed as a supplier on the joytec site (they make the Ego twist) - Stardust clearomiser have to buy online only about $4. Total price for all this about $30.

Ecigs that look like cigarettes are terrible. Very poor battery power, low vapor production and not a satisying vape. You need to carry many batteries have several chargers the whole thing is a pain. Also most of these ones you see sold on the street you need to buy cartomisers for that brand (cartomisers is the bit the nicotine juice goes in) and they are not refillable. You need a system that you can refill. Thats why i suggest Ego twist as a good starting point. You can buy all this from Healthcabin.net (china) but dont buy juice from there its terrible chinese made stuff

Ecigs that look like cigarettes are terrible. Very poor battery power, low vapor production and not a satisying vape.

an incorrect information! i have three different brands which do not lack battery power (measured 112 draws).

my problem is to find refill liquids which really taste like cigarette smoke and not like cold rattlesnake farts.

Getting a bit confused with all the different names posted: Ego twist, Ego battery, etc.

The site of Joyetec is not working well either, i.e. not loading all pages fully.

Perhaps any of the user can recommend what product to get, i.e. what automizer/clearomiser and what cartomizer/juice/liquids.

If you should buy the hardware from Healthcabinet, yet not the consumables from there, then where do you buy the consumables (cartomizers/juice)?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Getting a bit confused with all the different names posted: Ego twist, Ego battery, etc.

The site of Joyetec is not working well either, i.e. not loading all pages fully.

Perhaps any of the user can recommend what product to get, i.e. what automizer/clearomiser and what cartomizer/juice/liquids.

If you should buy the hardware from Healthcabinet, yet not the consumables from there, then where do you buy the consumables (cartomizers/juice)?

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the forum rules on posting external links, I hope I've done it right.

I would direct you to THIS forum There is loads of information and the people are nice if you ask questions.

Beware of getting anything from China - I was given a brand new knock of Ego-C and the atomiser lasted 4 days, the battery 2 weeks. Total rubbish. I get my supplies from Liberty Flights in England. Never had a problem with them, short delivery once, I sent an email and it was in the post the following day. I am really fortunate (and really grateful) to have some very good friends who visit Chiang Mai regularly and they are generous enough to have have the things are shipped to their address and they bring them in their luggage.. I haven't had anything delivered to Thailand but I can't see why they wouldn't do it. Pretty much everything is much cheaper there than here in Thailand

I was desperate once, thought I had a spare atomiser but didn't so I bought one from the authorised Ovale distributor in Chiang Mai at for 700 baht. At the same time I ordered some from a distributor in Malaysia, e-rokok. I had an order delivered to a friend in Malaysia who mailed them on to me. 100 ringgit or 1,000 baht for 5 (FIVE). Genuine products, authorised dealer in North East Malaysia. The Thai distributor who delivered my 700 baht atomiser didn't believe me, but he got his iPhone out and logged on to the site and saw them for 22 ringgit each - I got them for 20 as I bought 5. I think he was maybe thinking of getting his wholesale supplies from them. Unfortunately the dealer won't mail to overseas addresses. Liberty Flights is good and cheap, but not as cheap as the one in Malaysia.

I've been on Ego-T then Ego-C for almost 2 years. I usually have one real ciggie a week just to prove to myself that there's no difference and I really don't want to smoke, but for the last couple of weeks I've been having more like 1 a day. I can hear myself wheezing as I'm going to sleep and 'The Cough' has returned in all it's glory.

I buy the juice from China, I don't mind the menthol flavour. I get 10x50ml bottles of both Dekang and Hengsung, mix them together add a good slurp of 50mg plain nicotine to give it an extra kick then put into small bottles as required. I put a couple of menthol flakes in a separate bottle so it's really minty if I feel like a change. I've got a delivery on the way now, quite cheap from Vapour Hawk but I wouldn't buy anything except the juice as it's all knock-off and totally useless.

I really recommend the Ego-C, better than Ego-T as the heating unit on atomisers are separate and much therefore cheaper to run as you're not throwing the whole thing away. The Malaysian site didn't have any in stock when I emailed them last week, but had 6 different brands of atomiser that he said were all good and would fit the battery so I ordered one of each. My friend in Malaysia posted them last Thursday, I'm looking forward to testing them one after another to see which is the best. It really is a case of looking around, hunting on the internet and working out the postage to Thailand. With the eCig itself, you really get what you pay for, but the difference in price in various countries is huge. Compare 1 for 700 baht with 5 for 1,000 baht. No contest at all. Some of the EU and US distributors charge huge amounts.

I recommend that anyone interested should get a starter kit from Liberty Flights or another distributor (I haven't found any others cheaper). The starter kit for the Ego-C contains 2 whole ecigs (2 batteries and 2 atomisers) and (I think) 10 heating unts as well as a USB charger. From memory about GBP45, but they often have discount codes which are elusive and hard to find. There may be better things out there now, the atomisers on their way to me might be good and available in starter kits.

Experimentation is the only way - what I like is not necessarily what you like or what Jim Smith or Fred Bloggs likes. Taste is a subjective and individual thing, and there are huge difference in the taste of juices available. Try small bottles, they aren't expensive.

• Like 1

"my problem is to find refill liquids which really taste like cigarette smoke and not like cold rattlesnake farts."

And how the heck would you know what a cold Rattlesnake fart tastes like blink.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you mean you don't know? huh.png

@konini

Thanks!

So in short, I should buy the e-cig from Liberty Flights and the refills from Malaysia!?

But erokok doesn't deliver by mail to Thailand............

And the e-cig from UK, the Janty eGo-C, is about THB 3,500 (GBP 69,99 according to the site), before postage.

You wouldn't happen to have any feedback on the e-cigs sold in Thailand?

Will check out that forum too, thanks!

@konini

Thanks!

So in short, I should buy the e-cig from Liberty Flights and the refills from Malaysia!?

But erokok doesn't deliver by mail to Thailand............

And the e-cig from UK, the Janty eGo-C, is about THB 3,500 (GBP 69,99 according to the site), before postage.

You wouldn't happen to have any feedback on the e-cigs sold in Thailand?

Will check out that forum too, thanks!

Wow - they have gone up in price! I bought a starter kit 6 weeks ago and it was GBP44.99. The Janty ones are different, must be the new model. They have bigger batteries, but it's still a huge jump. Mine weren't Janty, I can't remember the name. They are the same price as the local distributors and no delivery charge usually. Check www.ovalethailand.com. Maybe you can convince the guy in Malaysia to deliver, I haven't been able to. I got my first starter kit from Ovale Thailand, genuine product, authorised dealer, delivered it the day after I ordered. Perfectly good products, they were just very expensive compared to Liberty Flights. No difference now, so may as well get them locally.

In theory it's only the atomisers which need replacing after a while, but if you keep dropping them on ceramic tiled floors the batteries can die on you, they're a bit delicate. Good product and if no price difference just buy locally. Check US sites to see if you can get cheaper, but make sure they're authorised dealers so you don't get fake ones. If Liberty Flights are charging that price I can't see it being cheaper unless you can find one with no tax. VAT in UK is 20 % so that makes a big difference.

And in reply to the main question, as far as I know they are illegal. Most people unscrew the battery and put the components in the bottom of their laptop bag when going through airport security.

Sent from my Sony Tablet Shoe Phone using Thaivisa Connect App

Astral.. I don't get it.. doesnt this break Rule 16?

Sorry - I'm trying to figure out how to edit. Don't know if it's different because I sent it from my tablet. Of course I am breaking the rules, didn't think about it, although in my defence I've never seen a law that says that they are actually illegal. Perhaps they aren't, Ovale are one of the biggest distributors of these things (they all come out of the same factory, different names are stamped on them at the last part of production) and I find it hard to believe that they would openly flout the law.

After writing that and thinking about it properly, I'm now thinking it's quite likely that they are not illegal.

Astral.. I don't get it.. doesnt this break Rule 16?

Sorry - I'm trying to figure out how to edit. Don't know if it's different because I sent it from my tablet. Of course I am breaking the rules, didn't think about it, although in my defence I've never seen a law that says that they are actually illegal. Perhaps they aren't, Ovale are one of the biggest distributors of these things (they all come out of the same factory, different names are stamped on them at the last part of production) and I find it hard to believe that they would openly flout the law.

After writing that and thinking about it properly, I'm now thinking it's quite likely that they are not illegal.

I'm being sarcastic to a mod who gave me a warning over posting an observational article discussing topics which may be illegal in thailand altho many illegal subjects are discussed openly on this site.

They are not FDA approved in Thailand and as such illegal to import or to sell. Nothing clear though about using them. The FDA won't approve them for what I consider silly reasons. Or perhaps the tobacco monopolies have whispered in their ear. wink.png

• Like 1

They are not FDA approved in Thailand and as such illegal to import or to sell. Nothing clear though about using them. The FDA won't approve them for what I consider silly reasons. Or perhaps the tobacco monopolies have whispered in their ear. wink.png

I would think the latter reason is most likely the correct one. The only people who stand to lose out here are tobacco companies. And governments, because they haven't figured out a way of taxing them yet. I wasn't aware the FDA hadn't approved them. It must be an odd organisation, because most people using ecigs are in the US, and a lot of the big wholesale sellers are there.

<edit> just re-read reply and obviously there is an FDA here in Thailand, I automatically thought USA <End edit>

I think in Australia it's different states - in Victoria I was told they were legal if they were just flavoured glycerine, but illegal if the glycerine was mixed with nicotine (primarily because they hadn't figured out a way of taxing it). There is no real difference in taste, I've often wondered how the police would get you. Taking it to a lab for a sample would be an outrageous waste of resources. I know it's totally legal in the UK, Liberty Flights have opened a couple of small shop fronts.

Last year my family doctor gingerly inspected my ecig and juice, and told me it couldn't possibly be good for me BUT it was better than smoking. In the literature much is made of the fact that cigarettes (apparently) have 4,000 chemicals, these only have one (nicotine). I think flavouring etc would make that untrue, but it's still a lot of difference. AND I don't stink like a smoker. Or bother anyone else. Or get cabin fever an hour before landing on a long haul flight (or make an undignified sprint to the smoking room). Why can't all doctors and health officials take the approach of my GP - OK, they may not be good for us, but they have to be better than smoking. On the untested subject, you can bet your house on the fact that the tobacco companies have had their scientist bending over backwards to prove they are too dangerous to be approved. Sorry, but it won't wash. Smoking kills, we all know it, but we still do it. You think that finding out this kills us is going to make us stop? Anyway, what we're inhaling is only glycerine and nicotine vapour (plus flavours) so as my GP said, it has to be better for us than lighting up. Just be pleased that we aren't polluting your 'space' and see it as a good thing.

Instead of messing around with this, they should be approved everywhere and governments get behind campaigns to get people to switch. Either that or price them out of the market like they did in Singapore. You have to be very rich to smoke there now, prices seemed to creep up fast but gradually, allowing people to taper off to however many they could afford. I really admire their government for being serious about it too. When we were going from Melbourne to UK, Singapore was always (and still is) the cheapest place to get duty free cigarettes. Years ago the Singapore government changed the rules so I could still buy my duty frees outbound, but the duty free allowance to anyone arriving in Singapore is zero. I'm told that the cigarettes there now have the 'Tax Paid' stamp printed on each stick, because a lot of day workers/day trippers were going over the Causeway to Malaysia and half filling up several boxes - customs wouldn't stop you over an open, half used box. But people were getting around the loophole so now each stick is 'Tax Paid'. They really are serious about getting people to quit, I on't know of another government that has gone that far (although a friend tells me that you can't smoke on the street in Bangalore, India).

Edited by Konini

Thanks!

Joyetech created the "Ego". There are many knock offs. Some are OK. Some are not OK, maybe not protected possibly blow up in your face. Lithium batts can be dangerous.

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the forum rules on posting external links, I hope I've done it right.

I would direct you to THIS forum There is loads of information and the people are nice if you ask questions.

Beware of getting anything from China - I was given a brand new knock of Ego-C and the atomiser lasted 4 days, the battery 2 weeks. Total rubbish. I get my supplies from Liberty Flights in England. Never had a problem with them, short delivery once, I sent an email and it was in the post the following day. I am really fortunate (and really grateful) to have some very good friends who visit Chiang Mai regularly and they are generous enough to have have the things are shipped to their address and they bring them in their luggage.. I haven't had anything delivered to Thailand but I can't see why they wouldn't do it. Pretty much everything is much cheaper there than here in Thailand

I was desperate once, thought I had a spare atomiser but didn't so I bought one from the authorised Ovale distributor in Chiang Mai at for 700 baht. At the same time I ordered some from a distributor in Malaysia, e-rokok. I had an order delivered to a friend in Malaysia who mailed them on to me. 100 ringgit or 1,000 baht for 5 (FIVE). Genuine products, authorised dealer in North East Malaysia. The Thai distributor who delivered my 700 baht atomiser didn't believe me, but he got his iPhone out and logged on to the site and saw them for 22 ringgit each - I got them for 20 as I bought 5. I think he was maybe thinking of getting his wholesale supplies from them. Unfortunately the dealer won't mail to overseas addresses. Liberty Flights is good and cheap, but not as cheap as the one in Malaysia.

I've been on Ego-T then Ego-C for almost 2 years. I usually have one real ciggie a week just to prove to myself that there's no difference and I really don't want to smoke, but for the last couple of weeks I've been having more like 1 a day. I can hear myself wheezing as I'm going to sleep and 'The Cough' has returned in all it's glory.

I buy the juice from China, I don't mind the menthol flavour. I get 10x50ml bottles of both Dekang and Hengsung, mix them together add a good slurp of 50mg plain nicotine to give it an extra kick then put into small bottles as required. I put a couple of menthol flakes in a separate bottle so it's really minty if I feel like a change. I've got a delivery on the way now, quite cheap from Vapour Hawkbut I wouldn't buy anything except the juice as it's all knock-off and totally useless.

I really recommend the Ego-C, better than Ego-T as the heating unit on atomisers are separate and much therefore cheaper to run as you're not throwing the whole thing away. The Malaysian site didn't have any in stock when I emailed them last week, but had 6 different brands of atomiser that he said were all good and would fit the battery so I ordered one of each. My friend in Malaysia posted them last Thursday, I'm looking forward to testing them one after another to see which is the best. It really is a case of looking around, hunting on the internet and working out the postage to Thailand. With the eCig itself, you really get what you pay for, but the difference in price in various countries is huge. Compare 1 for 700 baht with 5 for 1,000 baht. No contest at all. Some of the EU and US distributors charge huge amounts.

I recommend that anyone interested should get a starter kit from Liberty Flights or another distributor (I haven't found any others cheaper). The starter kit for the Ego-C contains 2 whole ecigs (2 batteries and 2 atomisers) and (I think) 10 heating unts as well as a USB charger. From memory about GBP45, but they often have discount codes which are elusive and hard to find. There may be better things out there now, the atomisers on their way to me might be good and available in starter kits.

Experimentation is the only way - what I like is not necessarily what you like or what Jim Smith or Fred Bloggs likes. Taste is a subjective and individual thing, and there are huge difference in the taste of juices available. Try small bottles, they aren't expensive.

Seriously dude the ego tanks are terrible compared to a decent cartomiser or clearomiser. No leaks, not juice in mouth, no gurgling. Thicker more flavourful vapor. My favourite are the boge caromisers in a cartomiser tank. But thats a bit advanced maybe so im suggesting clearomisers like the vision stardust. The other guy was also correct you dont need the ego twist verable voltage. But really its only a little bit more. You dont need to buy stuff from europe at $$$ either. Just get from healthcabin.net

Im suggesting this

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1144_1146&products_id=8044 ($24.50) - suggest silver(aluminium colour as other colour paint can chip)

and this (actually better than the stardust)

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1135&products_id=8110 ($8.50)

and this

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1106_1072&products_id=7843 ($5)

Under $40 for the lot. And you arent stuck with the ego-c atomizers that really are terrible.

Ecigs that look like cigarettes are terrible. Very poor battery power, low vapor production and not a satisying vape.

an incorrect information! i have three different brands which do not lack battery power (measured 112 draws).

my problem is to find refill liquids which really taste like cigarette smoke and not like cold rattlesnake farts.

Try tastyvapor.us

just dont get any juice from china... ever!!

this is probable the most popular tobacco flavour at the moment http://www.avejuice.com/BobasBounty

it is a strong flavour though

Thanks!

Joyetech created the "Ego". There are many knock offs. Some are OK. Some are not OK, maybe not protected possibly blow up in your face. Lithium batts can be dangerous.

Ego - is the standard battery. Ego twist is a variable voltage battery you twist the bottom to change voltages. Higher voltages, more vapour. The standard batt and twist batt come in different sizes. I think 650mah and 1000 mah (twists) - that is how long they last for, how many puffs you get bascially, not the power output. The 1000 mah is enough for most people for a full day. But its quite long. 650 mah batt would probably last most people a day but you dont want to be stuck outdoors and your batt runs flat so youd probaby need to carry a spare. That means you would need 2 chargers to charge them both overnight.

ego-t and ego-c is really referring to the joyetec tank system. Amoizer and juice is seperate (whereas a cartomiser the atomiser coil is inside a filler which is saturated with ejuice - so one piece).

Ego-t was the original tank system. It was better than the new ego-c as it didnt leak as much. Ego-c you could change the little atomiser bit inside instead of having to change the whole atomiser casing bit that screws on.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

no need to waste money to buy those branded set. the ovale, ego set etc come with shit and leaking atomizer

get a ego bypass battery and cartomizer. this set up cost you less than 1000 baht. bypass is good as you could vape while its charging from your laptop or desktop, especially important if you lack of a backup batt. no necessarily a need to get to complex set up such as variable voltage etc etc start simple, less things to screw up. ego twist is okay but no bypass and the variable volt setting is not accurate after batt is less than 50% charge. i would suggest start simple, once you get the cilk, move to a more reliable variable unit such as provari

i suggest going over the ecig forum for some research

I dont really agree with that. I have a PV. When the twists came out i moved over to those. Light and easy to carry around. The PV looks like you are sucking on a giant dildo. You get some strange looks, also looks like it might be a crack pipe. Certainly a heavy thing to carry around.

The twists dont noticebly lose any power until maybe the last 10% of the battery. Its not 50% .. not noticeable anyway. $25 for a twist (battery included) or $180 for a PV plus have to buy batteries and charger. I wouldnt recommend one to a noob

If you go to ecig forums http://www.e-cigaret...orum.com/forum/ I dont think youll find many people recommending ANY chinese made juices. They cant even make menthol taste right. You can make own menthol with just pg/vg + nicotine + menthol crystals. A lot of the chinese nicotine is basically insecticide, and artificially made. I buy my nicotine from RTS vapes, its organic and actually extracted from tobacco. I then buy doublers from tastyvapor. Its like $17 for 4 oz doubler. Which you then add nicotine too plus pg/vg to make 8oz which is a huge amount.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Thanks!

I buy the juice from China, I don't mind the menthol flavour. I get 10x50ml bottles of both Dekang and Hengsung, mix them together add a good slurp of 50mg plain nicotine to give it an extra kick then put into small bottles as required. I put a couple of menthol flakes in a separate bottle so it's really minty if I feel like a change. I've got a delivery on the way now, quite cheap from Vapour Hawkbut I wouldn't buy anything except the juice as it's all knock-off and totally useless.

Healthcabin is chinese company. They are official joyetec agent. Joyetec is chinese company. Its 100% OK to buy batts etc from healthcabin.

There are many other good suppliers also, ask on the ecig forum. But i just suggest healthcabin because they are cheap and chinas not far from thailand. Their joyetec stuff IS genuine

A lot of good information there BR, I'm going to go through it again properly later and will perhaps experiment a bit. Joyetec is the name I was struggling to retrieve from my memory banks. I know a lot of people knock the Chinese juice, but I really don't mind it some of them are a bit rough, but I'm not scared to tinker with the final product to get exactly what I want. I've made batches from scratch with menthol flakes both with and without liquid nicotine (pharmacy supply shop to get the PG and big bottles of VG), but it is too much like toothpaste for all day every day. I experimented for a while with different menthol flavourings (spearmint, peppermint, artic mint) but haven't been able to get a blend I like as much as premixed.

Good information though, perhaps I have become complacent because I hit on something that worked for me and juice that was acceptable. Time to try something different I think.